Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Real quick on the "self-inflicted" cuts. How could that be concluded? 1)Band aids on them (but even then, what if it were a dog bite? that's NOT self inflicted) 2) Verified by family member or friend "yes she cut them pealing potatoes" 3) So obvious that they were caused by CD? (how do you tell the difference between a fingernail impression and potato peeler cut?) 4) body found in such a position that it was clear (fingers between teeth?) 5) Weird choice of words by the ME. I think #2 or #5.

See my hubby is diabetic and my first thought went to testing her own blood.
That to me is self inflicted!

Question!!!!!

Could she have been allowed access to her job without this badge?

My guess is yes.. After 15 or whatever years working there, I'm sure she could have just got a "temp" badge for the day. I bet there are 2-3 folks a day that forget theirs there. She probably thought "ugh..I really don't want to go through the hassle of getting the temp, signing in, turning it back in.. it will only take me 10 minutes, I'll get it."

True that but that was the only thing they said and I'm very sure if she was shot or stabbed they would have said she was murdered. JMO but I don't think there were any outwared signs. Just the cuts!
No, because many people have been shot poisoned strangled etc then had injuries after that like shot or stabbed. They want to cross their ts, dot their is. Just because someone appears to have died from A violent manner doesnt mean thats their cause of death, it couldve happened after the fact

Question!!!!!

Could she have been allowed access to her job without this badge?

Only a co-worker would know for sure, but like others I suspect the answer would be 'yes'. I've wondered right from the start why she would bother to circle back home and risk missing her carpool and being late just to get the badge BUT from the description of Cheryl it seems she is responsible and reliable. Seems like she'd be the type to follow the rules, and not want to inconvenience others, so perhaps it was just in her personality to want to have the badge.

I would love to know when exactly she realized her badge was missing. Was it en route to her parking spot...if so, why even stop, why not just drive back home and text her friend that she was running late? OR did she get to a parking spot (not necessarily where her car was found) and then realize as she gathered her purse etc, or perhaps even as she was walking away from her car. Was Cheryl inside or outside of her vehicle when the text was sent. If foul play was involved it would seem something happened very soon after that text.

It is possible, Cheryl's return trip home to find her badge, would've exceeded her ten minute estimation, thus jeopardizing her carpool's on time arrival.

IMO, it made sense for Cheryl to drive herself home. If she returned in the ten minute time frame, she'd commute to Fred Hutch with her carpool. If not, she had options, i.e. driving herself, or catching the bus...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Yes, it makes sense that Cheryl would have driven herself home.

My reply to the other post was meant that it doesn't make sense for Cheryl to walk home because she didn't want to lose her parking space. If she walked home, she definitely could not have made it back in time to catch a ride with the car pooler, so hence my question was why didn't the car pooler drive her home instead of her walking. My point was specific to Cheryl walking home. That did not make sense to me.

IMOO.

IMO I agree with Treelights..it seems it would have absolutely have been quicker to have the carpool person drive around the block pick her up, run her quickly home then direct to downtown than waiting for her return, finding a new parking spot, then CD walking down the trail to meet them. But again, I think that would have ben an imposition and probably not considered by CD....Nor offered by the carpooler it appears.

This, too. I wondered awhile back why the car pooler just didn't pick her up and run her home.

My response though this morning was a response due to a poster thinking that Cheryl walked home to get the badge.
I can't see that happening.
IMOO.

How many more weeks estimated until the tox results will be released? Did Cheryl have any prescriptions? Would also like to know if LE ever released information in MSM about the amount of blood found in Cheryl's car (was it droplets, spatter, a pool, smeared etc...)? Was it fresh? And did the blood even belong to Cheryl?

If it was a very small amount I think it could be unrelated. My son has had nosebleeds in my car. I'm sure there would be some evidence despite clean up efforts.

I mentioned that maybe she walked home because she didn't want to lose her spot in the first thread. It was moo. Several people stated that it would have been too long a walk to get there and back in 10 minutes and it was raining. It was never in the news that she planned to walk or how she would go home to get her badge just that she forgot it and was going back.

As far as the quick timing of reporting her missing..the video Stryker posted with the family members pleading for help...her niece stated she never missed work and was very responsible. With what the family said and her co worker noticing her missing would most likely be the reason they called her husband right away.

I think whatever happened, happened at her car right as she was texting her co worker. Maybe someone knocked on her window and being the helpful person she is rolled it down or got out to help someone and was abducted. It would only take someone hitting her hard to knock her out or stun gun her throw her in the back of their vehicle and take off. We are talking seconds to a minute.

This all is only my own opinion on the events and what happen so take it with a grain of salt if you will..

Thank you for clarifying this that this was your opinion.

How many more weeks estimated until the tox results will be released? Did Cheryl have any prescriptions? Would also like to know if LE ever released information in MSM about the amount of blood found in Cheryl's car (was it droplets, spatter, a pool, smeared etc...)? Was it fresh? And did the blood even belong to Cheryl?

If it was a very small amount I think it could be unrelated. My son has had nosebleeds in my car. I'm sure there would be some evidence despite clean up efforts.

LE has never given details of the blood

re: badges

Some employers are very strict about coming in to work without your badge. At one of my previous jobs, you could get a spare badge for the day, but you had to wait for the security guard on duty to come issue it to you, and you got the third degree as to why you were missing your badge. Sometimes it was easier just to turn around and go home and get mine.

Also, and this was posted on one of the earlier threads, some employers require your badge not just for entry to the building, but also to the restrooms, the copier room etc. In some cases you even need your badge to use the copier. So I don't look sideways on the fact that Cheryl told her carpool buddy she had to go home to get hers.

Just not getting why LE is not making it absolutely clear that this is a homicide. They would not need to reveal cause of death, sometimes we do not hear that for a while. But I can only think they still do not know the manner of death at this point.

To avoid some confusion. I can confidently state by reason of evidence presented that my mom did not wander and accidentally fall in the culvert and die.

See my hubby is diabetic and my first thought went to testing her own blood.
That to me is self inflicted!

I am too and the test kit makes a tiny little hole, no need to " cut" fingers, and if she was undiagnosed she wouldnt have a test kit in the 1st place

To avoid some confusion. I can confidently state by reason of evidence presented that my mom did not wander and accidentally fall in the culvert and die.

Thank you for your post!

We appreciate any posts from you, especially if avoids confusion! :)

As you can see, we can sometimes get confused with information.

IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members