Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why Cheryl was rushing, but I'm rushing every work morning! Seriously. I stay in bed until the last possible second, and then the rest of the morning until I arrive at work, is rushed. :)
Me too. Plus I am horribly disorganized. Always losing my car keys, driving glasses. I have been late because of this. I have a hard time focusing sometimes so I will lose track of time. I can get up 15 minutes or 120 minutes before I have to leave and still have to rush in the end!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Me too. Plus I am horribly disorganized. Always losing my car keys, driving glasses. I have been late because of this. I have a hard time focusing sometimes so I will lose track of time. I can get up 15 minutes or 120 minutes before I have to leave and still have to rush in the end!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Sounds like me! I have adult ADHD. It's really a problem sometimes! You can be very intelligent but horribly disorganized. I'm not trying to suggest that Cheryl has any kind of disorder, but I can absolutely believe that she was brilliant and disorganized.

So, moving on from the badge and being rushed, I'm curious if LE is thinking about a known individual or a stranger. I am leaning towards someone known to Cheryl, but open to a stranger. I don't have a solid theory other than NOT suicide.

Any scenario I conjure up in my head has some kind of problem with it that makes it seem unlikely. I guess the least problematic for me in terms of logistics is something involving someone Cheryl knew or trusted. But WHY?

If we are this invested in wanting to understand or try to make sense of things, you can only imagine the torture this is for those who knew and loved her. I hope so much that the answers are coming soon - and that the info Stryker alluded to, which the family has but is not public, is helping them cope somehow.

I also think a badge is just a badge, at least is this case. Her forgetting it didn't ever strike me as suspicious or faked.

I just looked up the population for Texas where I am from, 27 million total for the state. Washington has something like 7 million total. It just seems to me the crime rate here is higher for a state with so little density. I know murders happen in Texas too but it seems like there are more killers, druggies, vandals etc in Washington. Is this true ? or is it just me being still unsettled after just over 1 year here??

Well, if you're from Houston, I have good news for you - Seattle is much safer.

Let statistics be your friend! :) Here's a link to the latest FBI stats. The easiest way to compare (and the one that is generally used; I don't know why the FBI doesn't have it on this report) is to use crime per thousand of population - in other words, how many crimes happen per every thousand people living in a place. That way, you get an apples-to-apples comparison. Since the FBI hasn't included a column for that, let me just do Seattle and Houston: Seattle has a population of 663,410 and 1961 violent crimes in 2015. Divide 1961 by 663 and you get 2.96 violent crimes for every thousand Seattleites. For Houston, it's 10,216 divided by 2,219 = 4.6 violent crimes for every thousand Houstonites. I picked Houston because, like Seattle, it's the largest city in the state, but you can do it for whatever city you lived in to figure it out.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...ement_by_state_oklahoma_through_wisconsin.xls

Hey, I also want to stress there's no problem discussing reasons for being late on a morning either.
All your posts are interesting and there doesn't seem much else to discuss at the moment while we all wait patiently for more news.

I'm like many here and can see similarities in myself with CD. I'm in her age group, live a low risk lifestyle etc.
I think that's why I find it most concerning with what has happened to her. It seems it could happen to any one of us.

To me, the badge is an important factor (not suspiciously) because it seems from what we know so far, forgetting the badge was the start of things going wrong that morning. What happened after that, is a mystery.

Eta for clarity.

Well, if you're from Houston, I have good news for you - Seattle is much safer.

Let statistics be your friend! :) Here's a link to the latest FBI stats. The easiest way to compare (and the one that is generally used; I don't know why the FBI doesn't have it on this report) is to use crime per thousand of population - in other words, how many crimes happen per every thousand people living in a place. That way, you get an apples-to-apples comparison. Since the FBI hasn't included a column for that, let me just do Seattle and Houston: Seattle has a population of 663,410 and 1961 violent crimes in 2015. Divide 1961 by 663 and you get 2.96 violent crimes for every thousand Seattleites. For Houston, it's 10,216 divided by 2,219 = 4.6 violent crimes for every thousand Houstonites. I picked Houston because, like Seattle, it's the largest city in the state, but you can do it for whatever city you lived in to figure it out.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...ement_by_state_oklahoma_through_wisconsin.xls

I was from Midlothian home of the American Sniper.. almost zero crime so maybe that has an effect on my observations lol thanks for the link

A short lesson in absurdity.

This is an unrelated case that happened just this week. An oil executive came under indictment, and shortly thereafter he drove his SUV at high speed into a concrete bridge abutment. He was greatly exceeding the speed limit, wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and there were no skid marks as if the brakes had been applied. His car burst into flames on impact and burned on the side of the highway.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/au...d-after-car-accident-2016-03-02?siteid=yhoof2

http://kfor.com/2016/03/04/medical-...m-as-aubrey-mcclendon-through-dental-records/

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...day-after-indictment/articleshow/51234252.cms

How many of you sleuthers out there can come up with a cause of death in 2 minutes or less ? How about manner of death ?

You might want to investigate your decision for a couple of weeks though.......take your time.

OMG, I LOVE THIS! Thank you for this, the totality and simplicity of the above case, sums Cheryl's case.

Seattle may have a low crime rate in general, but the Northwest does, historically, have more than its fair share of serial killers. I say historically because I'm sure the number of active serial killers in a region fluctuates wildly. And I'm not saying I think an SK was involved here.

But I do tend to trust the family's interpretation of what happened. They have a lot more information than anyone else... I'm praying for a resolution here, and soon... <3 love to her family

Plausible Theory

Following is a portion of what I believe Cheryl encountered the morning of her disapperance:

Slightly crunched for time, Cheryl opened her car door and tossed her bag(s) onto her Subaru sedan's front passenger seat. She shut her car door, put the key into the ignition, started her car and within a minute or so, was headed south on 48th St W.
In another two or so minutes, she'd arrive at a four-way blinking red light, where she'd turn right, onto 236th St. SW.

Driving west bound on 236th St SW, in just another two-three minutes, she'd (either) turn right (north) onto 58th Ave W, or continue on 236th St SW to the MLT Transit Center, where she'd join her car pool.

While driving and contemplating options, she had her right hand checking her bag(s), the glove compartment and in between the car seats - she found nothing. The last resort, before heading back to the house to look for her badge, would be checking under the car's front seats.

Cheryl approached 58th Ave W, where she turned right, heading north bound. Just up, and on the left hand side of the street is Veteran's Memorial Park, next to the Mountlake Terrace Public Library. The Mountlake Terrace Police Department is a just "around" the corner.

Cheryl whipped a u-turn, and parked on the street, close to the library/park. A cursory scan of the location, revealed nothing out of the ordinary - a few parked cars, a service van with a couple people wearing uniforms - everything looked o.k.
She prepared a text to her carpool advising she'd be returning home to look for her badge.

Cheryl, cell phone and keys in hand, opened and exited the driver's side of the car. She quickly bent over and stuck her head down to get a look under the driver's seat - nothing. She then walked around to the passenger's side of the car, unlocked the door, repeated the process and found no i.d.

I believe, either bent over, or rising from this position with her head down, is when Cheryl hit "send" on the message to her carpool. It's possible her phone had a very low battery and shut down as soon as she sent her message, or her attacker(s) grabbed it out of her hand and powered it down themselves. Either way, this is when Cheryl's attacker(s) made their move.

I believe the cuts on two of Cheryl's fingers, reportedly "self inflicted," are in all actuality, self defense wounds. This would explain Cheryl's blood on the front passenger seat and side car door.

I believe Cheryl's attacker(s) is/are serial killer's, who possibly stalked the habits of several selected targets - one of which was Cheryl. When circumstances presented an ideal opportunity for capture, the killer(s) pounced, seizing their unassuming victim......

Fellow Websleuthers, your comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Best,

Gladys Kravitz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Plausible Theory

Following is a portion of what I believe Cheryl encountered the morning of her disapperance:

Slightly crunched for time, Cheryl opened her car door and tossed her bag(s) onto her Subaru sedan's front passenger seat. She shut her car door, put the key into the ignition, started her car and within a minute or so, was headed south on 48th St W.
In another two or so minutes, she'd arrive at a four-way blinking red light, where she'd turn right, onto 236th St. SW.

Driving west bound on 236th St SW, in just another two-three minutes, she'd (either) turn right (north) onto 58th Ave W, or continue on 236th St SW to the MLT Transit Center, where she'd join her car pool.

While driving and contemplating options, she had her right hand checking her bag(s), the glove compartment and in between the car seats - she found nothing. The last resort, before heading back to the house to look for her badge, would be checking under the car's front seats.

Cheryl approached 58th Ave W, where she turned right, heading north bound. Just up, and on the left hand side of the street is Veteran's Memorial Park, next to the Mountlake Terrace Public Library. The Mountlake Terrace Police Department is a just "around" the corner.

Cheryl whipped a u-turn, and parked on the street, close to the library/park. A cursory scan of the location, revealed nothing out of the ordinary - a few parked cars, a service van with a couple people wearing uniforms - everything looked o.k.
She prepared a text to her carpool advising she'd be returning home to look for her badge.

Cheryl, cell phone and keys in hand, opened and exited the driver's side of the car. She quickly bent over and stuck her head down to get a look under the driver's seat - nothing. She then walked around to the passenger's side of the car, unlocked the door, repeated the process and found no i.d.

I believe, either bent over, or rising from this position with her head down, is when Cheryl hit "send" on the message to her carpool. It's possible her phone had a very low battery and shut down as soon as she sent her message, or her attacker(s) grabbed it out of her hand and powered it down themselves. Either way, this is when Cheryl's attacker(s) made their move.

I believe the cuts on two of Cheryl's fingers, reportedly "self inflicted," are in all actuality, self defense wounds. This would explain Cheryl's blood on the front passenger seat and side car door.

I believe Cheryl's attacker(s) is/are serial killer's, who possibly stalked the habits of several selected targets - one of which was Cheryl. When circumstances presented an ideal opportunity for capture, the killer(s) pounced, seizing their unassuming victim......

Best,

Gladys Kravitz

I think there are a few plausible theories and something similar to this would be high on my list of likely scenarios. I could see her stopping to give something/offer something to a homeless person she had seen before and I think its still possible it was someone she knew but that is low on my list. Anything that involves the husband or suicide have not been in my possibilities for a long time.

Plausible Theory

Best,

Gladys Kravitz

MrsGladysKravitz, sounds plausible to me. Well thought out scenario. IMO.

Plausible Theory

Best,

Gladys Kravitz

Cut by me for brevity.

No doubt plausible theory but...

1 - Afer the attack Cheryl was either incapacitated or not. If she was (incapacitated) the perp/s would have to have dragged her to another car. I feel that in the place her car was someone had to have witnessed something about this.

2 - If she wasn't incapacitated after the first attack, I believe she had to scream for help and I too find it difficult that nobody could hear her.

I don't even imagine that the perp/s would put her in her own car again, drive to another place only to return later and park the car in the place where it was found.

I too can easily imagine that Cheryl, after reminding she didn't have her badge with her, wouldn't be looking for it inside the car. I believe that if she could remember she didn't have it, she too would know that she didn't pick it that day and assume that it could only have been left at home.

Oh dear... we can only imagine and speculate :(

Cut by me for brevity.

No doubt plausible theory but...

1 - Afer the attack Cheryl was either incapacitated or not. If she was (incapacitated) the perp/s would have to have dragged her to another car. I feel that in the place her car was someone had to have witnessed something about this.

2 - If she wasn't incapacitated after the first attack, I believe she had to scream for help and I too find it difficult that nobody could hear her.

I don't even imagine that the perp/s would put her in her own car again, drive to another place only to return later and park the car in the place where it was found.

I too can easily imagine that Cheryl, after reminding she didn't have her badge with her, wouldn't be looking for it inside the car. I believe that if she could remember she didn't have it, she too would know that she didn't pick it that day and assume that it could only have been left at home.

Oh dear... we can only imagine and speculate :(
That is all we can do here is speculate because we weren't there ..and we can even speculate further on your speculations...we are all speculators [emoji4]

We all anxiously await findings and reports. [emoji5]

Sent from my mobile

My theory is simply put, just a theory. As stated in the first paragraph "This is a portion of what I believe Cheryl encountered the morning of her disappearance:"

One or more perpetrators, an unknown vehicle, badge or no badge, scream or no scream, incapacitated or not, Cheryl was the victim of homicidal violence. I fully believe her killer(s) plotted and planned this event with extreme precision.

I like your theory, Mrs. Gladys! I'm not sure who did it, but I think the logistics make sense so far.

There's a big conspiracy theory about cancer researchers being murdered. I think it's garbage, honestly. And Cheryl worked as an analyst in the HIV/AIDS department.

There's a big conspiracy theory about cancer researchers being murdered. I think it's garbage, honestly. And Cheryl worked as an analyst in the HIV/AIDS department.

they said her Linkin profile showed her as a chemist and that her degree is same

Yeah, but she wasn't working as one when she died. And she didn't work in the cancer department.

I dont fully understand the implications here as I just heard about this theory. All I can say is wow and i guess depending how many deaths we are talking about would determine the odds of a connection ? I dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member