Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how long it will take the moderators to verify strykers identity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Motive

There is not always a motive, other than the killer's thrill in the hunt and kill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I respectfully disagree. There is ALWAYS a motive and not ALWAYS a signature.

ETA: BBM is actually considered a motive.

This is so weird. I went to the transit center on my way around town just to see it and realized I've never seen it before in my life. Never even drove past it. I grew up in the unicorporated, car dependent part of Lynnwood where kids go to MTHS... So buses, etc. have always been a little foreign.

But I'm just shocked I've never seen this place before. It's like this whole secret a place practically next door.

And OMG it's woodsy and dark and creepy. Only one side of it is even open to visibility from outside. I wanted to stop and play at the park (yes I said play and am an adult =P) but then I remembered and instead locked my car door....

So freaking creeped out. If not for what happened to Cheryl, I'd think this place was gorgeous. But ew.

Just musing... Nothing to contribute today. I want more info on Cheryl though =\

This is so weird. I went to the transit center on my way around town just to see it and realized I've never seen it before in my life. Never even drove past it. I grew up in the unicorporated, car dependent part of Lynnwood where kids go to MTHS... So buses, etc. have always been a little foreign.

But I'm just shocked I've never seen this place before. It's like this whole secret a place practically next door.

And OMG it's woodsy and dark and creepy. Only one side of it is even open to visibility from outside. I wanted to stop and play at the park (yes I said play and am an adult =P) but then I remembered and instead locked my car door....

So freaking creeped out. If not for what happened to Cheryl, I'd think this place was gorgeous. But ew.

Just musing... Nothing to contribute today. I want more info on Cheryl though =\

Kale, I had never seen it except from I-5 when passing through on my commute from the Lynnwood P&R. Had no idea about the park or shortcut. It does look like a nice little stroll - except not anymore.

BTW, your description of where you grew up sounds like where I live now, though I grew up north of the U District. That little pocket of unincorporation. So many towns around us but no one will claim us. LOL.

I couldn't quite see how there was a shortcut from the park... There was a big fence all around the edges.

Lol, that unincorporated lifestyle though. What we didn't have in reasonable garbage pickup or paving after the earthquake, we made up for in typically-illegal fireworks and roving packs of dogs. The city government could not care less about us =P

I couldn't quite see how there was a shortcut from the park... There was a big fence all around the edges.

Lol, that unincorporated lifestyle though. What we didn't have in reasonable garbage pickup or paving after the earthquake, we made up for in typically-illegal fireworks and roving packs of dogs. The city government could not care less about us =P

There's an opening in the fence just where the trail dumps out. At least, I think it's still open...

Too true about unincorporated life! We have a neighbor with a flotilla of crappy boats parked all over his front yard. Looks lovely. Anything goes!

There's an opening in the fence just where the trail dumps out. At least, I think it's still open...

Too true about unincorporated life! We have a neighbor with a flotilla of crappy boats parked all over his front yard. Looks lovely. Anything goes!

at least yall are within reasonable distance of civilation, like stores and hospitals lol im back here living in a van down by the river LOL no not really but close to it, got neighbors on the Skagit in campers and its 1 1/2 hours to a good store or hospital.

at least yall are within reasonable distance of civilation, like stores and hospitals lol im back here living in a van down by the river LOL no not really but close to it, got neighbors on the Skagit in campers and its 1 1/2 hours to a good store or hospital.

I might be willing to trade!

I might be willing to trade!

untill you have a heart attack and realize 911 says it will be 1 hour or longer depending if they are on another call. Fortunately I was at Walmart in mt Vernon when I finally gave up and went to the urgent care feeling like I was having a panic attack, it was a heart attack! Good thing I was in town, it is so pretty out here but I dont know what I was thinking. I didnt realize how long a commute it was going to be for all basics. I would move to town today but the prices for homes here are astronomical, I got a HUD home for a steal but now I know why LOL

untill you have a heart attack and realize 911 says it will be 1 hour or longer depending if they are on another call. Fortunately I was at Walmart in mt Vernon when I finally gave up and went to the urgent care feeling like I was having a panic attack, it was a heart attack! Good thing I was in town, it is so pretty out here but I dont know what I was thinking. I didnt realize how long a commute it was going to be for all basics. I would move to town today but the prices for homes here are astronomical, I got a HUD home for a steal but now I know why LOL

!!!!!!! So glad you were near the resources you needed, and that you are OK!

It is gorgeous up that way. My husband grew up in Stanwood and we spend lots of time points north.

We digress! But it is nice to get to know each other a little. 🙂

!!!!!!! So glad you were near the resources you needed, and that you are OK!

It is gorgeous up that way. My husband grew up in Stanwood and we spend lots of time points north.

We digress! But it is nice to get to know each other a little. ��

I thank you for your kind words. I have never been so lonely and scared in all my 55 years. Born and rasied in Texas, it was my fault for uprooting my family and moving so far. The heat in texas was aggrevating my medical conditions and I thought I would enjoy the mountains. They are lovely but health issues have prevented me from doing what I planned. Sometime i want to move back but hubby is happy and says we are stuck lol I dont know one soul in this state.

CD was, I believe, targeted. She left the home shortly before 7:00 am, was seen driving toward the park-and-ride at 7:00 am, apparently parked near the park-and-ride to text at 7:02, then she is gone. Looks like she was followed. MOO

CD would normally have parked at the park-and-ride unless she was late (something that has never been confirmed) stopped in front of the library (was she parked on east or west?) That's where her car was found but Cheryl never went any further. I think someone pulled up next to her. It could have been in back. MOO

I respectfully disagree. There is ALWAYS a motive and not ALWAYS a signature.

ETA: BBM is actually considered a motive.
Respectfully, I disagree with your reply. I did not state, there is NEVER a motive, NOR did I post anything regarding a "killer's signature."

I posted the following:

"There is not always a motive, other than the killer's thrill in the hunt and kill."

Hence, the killer's motive is "thrill in the hunt and kill."

Best regards,

Gladys Kravitz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

So I believe CD was the target and was grabbed. What could someone like Cheryl have done that could have lead to being a target? The only thing I can think of is she got involved in something online (probably innocently), something you would never find online normally. But CD was a system analyst and could navigate things we don't know how to access. She was brilliant according to her niece. It may be her brilliance lead her to something dangerous. MOO

CD would normally have parked at the park-and-ride unless she was late (something that has never been confirmed) stopped in front of the library (was she parked on east or west?) That's where her car was found but Cheryl never went any further. I think someone pulled up next to her. It could have been in back. MOO

It would be of interest to know if all of her doors were locked on her vehicle, or unlocked.

IMOO.

CD was, I believe, targeted. She left the home shortly before 7:00 am, was seen driving toward the park-and-ride at 7:00 am, apparently parked near the park-and-ride to text at 7:02, then she is gone. Looks like she was followed. MOO

If she was followed, I wonder where they started following her.
Would they be on surveillance video around 7am heading west as Cheryl was?
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members