Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My reason for considering suicide is because LE seems to be unable to determine her manner of death. Her death was not an obvious murder. It still might be, but it leaves open accident, suicide or natural causes.

My reason for considering suicide is because LE seems to be unable to determine her manner of death. Her death was not an obvious murder. It still might be, but it leaves open accident, suicide or natural causes.
I don't think they're unable to find the cause of death. I think LE is just being thorough. I guess we'll eventually find out.

I don't think they're unable to find the cause of death. I think LE is just being thorough. I guess we'll eventually find out.

To quote stryker, "Family for the most part knows the cause, and mechanism of death. However we do not know the manner." (post #559, current thread)

Because we have no idea whose blood is in the car, I am disregarding it for now.

Why would LE mention it at all then? It would be apparent to them if it was very old and dried blood vs. recent.
Because I don't think Cheryl committed suicide, I am disregarding that idea as well. I think we do have to consider it, but here are a few reasons why I believe it is unlikely.
Cheryl and her husband were outdoors people and I would bet there was a gun at home. Why walk home to shoot yourself when you could drive. Why walk to a culvert ....(respectfully snipped)

Also, why rush to work at all? Why leave items for dinner ready on the counter like Stryker mentioned? We know CL was brilliant, which is what little things like knowing you were going to be seen on your own home surveillance system rushing and leaving out food thawing for dinner would require in a suicide plan, but this woman was also genuinely happy. She had a new'ish baby niece. She had a large loving family. She was photographed recently looking happy.

And let's not forget that Stryker put Suicide at the bottom of his list as the LEAST likely reason; he knows things that we aren't privy to, which is something we have to take into account. (Did he mean "least likely in my opinion" - or "based on things I know but can't say, suicide is the last on the list to even consider"?)

(respectfully snipped) ...culvert is quick, easy, hidden (sort of), would really hide a body well, temporarily, but it is not a place you would hide someone if you had time, gas money and never wanted them to be found.

Or if you had to get to work, or someplace where you SHOULD have been instead.

Scenario 1
Random accident compounded by bad decisions.....
Cheryl parks on the right side of the street, facing north, gets out of her car into the street. She starts walking across the street, realizes she has forgotten her badge and texts the workmate and abruptly turns back around while on or back into the street toward her car. She gets hit accidently (because the driver is probably texting too). The person who hits her decides to put her in his car, truck, and van and hide what happened....(respectfully snipped)

Although I think that this is certainly viable, it wouldn't explain how her cellphone was intentionally powered down so quickly. The battery wasn't removed to turn it off, rather, it was intentionally powered down.

MLTNews posted an update, which includes no new information a few hours ago.

LE did comment on Monday (yesterday), though:

Deputy Police Chief Pete Caw said Monday the department is waiting for a full report from the Snohomish County medical examiner. There is no timeline for when that could happen, but Caw said they expect the report to come in “soon.”

I agree. And another thing to point me to suicide.....the word "probably". ..if that's what was said. She wouldn't say that if she was just going to drive herself.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
She might say "probably" if she had not yet decided.

I think it's a reasonable assertion, that her decision to drive/not drive would have been made when she returned from fetching her badge at home:

1) Heavy traffic, she'd catch the bus and "probably" ride home with her carpool;

2) Heavy traffic, she'd catch a ride with someone else (either another carpool situation, OR perhaps she knew of someone else driving into Seattle) and "probably" ride home with her carpool;

3) Light traffic, she'd drive herself to/from work

IMHO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Just saw an update from the sheriff on the kidnapping: the woman thrown into the truck was seen driving the same truck earlier in the afternoon on surveillance videos and the scanner reports seem to be treating it as a DV situation (victim/assailant known to each other).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLT LE has appealed publicly for anyone with information to please call them. I have seen multiple appeals on TV and in newspapers. And they did rely on volunteers to help with flyers to spread the word at the P&R and canvassing neighborhoods, too. (Which was awesome - it is such a small police force but they had so many willing helpers.) IMO it would be impractical for them to try to talk to people who are in the midst of their commute. More efficient to let anyone who actually has info to come forward. This has been so well publicized that surely anyone who could help would have known to call.

I have actually been very curious as to whether they have received any tips. I know Cmdr Pickard said they have evidence, but I wonder if anyone outside LE has contributed info.

i think i remember Pritchard saying they had received tips but were looking into them to see if they were valid etc.?

And if it was a robbery, what did they steal?

Her phone has not been used, nor her credit cards. Her car was found.

Her purse and phone as much as I am aware have not been located, but not used, either.

What else would Cheryl have that someone would have wanted to take?

Cheryl was the target for whatever reason.

IMOO.

laptop? wedding ring?

JMO folks but a mugger will just leave ya where he hit ya and take off.
And if it was a random crime what crime besides murder was happening here?
It is my opinion its someone she knew!

car jacking or break in?

But wasn't she goin a have to walk thru the wooded area or walk a ways around to get to the transit center? That too would've caused wet pants right? And if she was going through the path her pants would've gotten muddy too.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

in the presser prickard said she traveled on gravel path, so no

Maybe we got a hint at some evidence here.
The car pool person said Cheryl forgot her badge and was going home to get it and said she would take a bus. then said he or she would wait for her. Wouldn't the person offer to drive her to save time?

Then the family came out and said noo Cheryl had no intentions of taking a bus.

Could this be a clue?

i believe her son said they were very cooperative and not a poi, the family doesnt seem to suspect them

The shortcut path to the Park and Ride is pretty well maintained. She wouldn't have been walking on or through underbrush, but rather on packed dirt or gravel. Around the culvert, she would have been wading through vegetation- perhaps even blackberry bushes, which run rampant here at times. It would have been messy and wet.

I hate what I am about to say, but. For a lot of reasons, I don't think this was suicide. But if she had wanted to do that, why in the world would she have parked her car in its usual spot, set up an alibi of sorts, but one that would IMMEDIATELY alert her carpool that something was wrong, when she stopped texting? Her house is quite close to a very large, densely wooded park. If she HAD wanted to walk somewhere permanent, it was right there at hand. Why drive away, catch a local bus to retrace part of her drive, be dropped off at a relatively busy intersection 8 blocks away from the culvert, and walk along a well traveled road to get to the culvert. And climb through brush and whatnot in full view of commuters? (It would have been daylight by the time she arrived.) Into a nasty wet culvert on a cold damp morning. IMO it is just not feasible at all.

I know suicides can seem to act irrationally in the lead-up to their actions. But this just seems so very convoluted. IMO and all that jazz but it just doesn't work for me at all.

Let us also remember that it was reported somewhere - I have no link- that the local transit operators checked their bus cameras. No one spotted her on a bus.

why would elizabeth pham (who committed suicide in washington state) decide to leave her car with the keys inside at a rest stop, walk with no shoes in her pjs to a truck stop, ask for a ride, go into a restaurant, and later decide to commit suicide by going into the river after being at an underpass? people who are upset do things randomly, with what seems like not a lot of logic to others. sometimes **** just hits the fan and they say theyre done. if you have a mental illness on top of it, it can make you do what seems like irrational things.

But what would be gained by the carpool person driving her home?
If it was to save CD's driving spot then the carpool person would lose her spot.

I'm presuming the carpool person was already in the transit center at this stage.

why would the carpool person be concerned with losing their spot if most members are there by that time and cheryl was running late? maybe carpool driver had all carpoolers in car besides cheryl and they could just go on to work after picking cheryl up. not saying i suspect carpool driver at all..

There may be any number of issues with the information we have. Her family says in the video that she parked on the street when she was late. Stryker said she was rushing that day but he didn't say she left late. If Cheryl was on time she parked at the park and ride and probably would have texted from her car. Did she park at the park and ride and was she abducted in her own car which was later returned in front of the library? An abduction would be simpler from a traditional parking lot than from street side parking.

i believe her family said she parked by the library when the park and ride was full and then pickard followed up with saying at that time the park and ride is usually full. so, both statements by both parties seem to support the other. sometimes people rush if theyre not late, but also..if youre running late, you are going to be rushing. so either one could be true. i dont recall him saying she was rushing, though. where was this said, the press conference? pickard said she went on the gravel pathway..which would mean she parked by the library, because why else would she go on that gravel parkway? also, i think an abduction would be better on a quiet residential street next to a park thats not full at 7am than a crowded parking lot with cameras. however, it is right by the police station so that is risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111