Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the self inflicted cuts to her fingers. It's been running through my mind that if she was pushed into a trunk of another vehicle from the scene, that perhaps the finger injuries are due to her trying to get out or something of that nature. I know it was said earlier that self inflicted doesn't have to mean she did it on purpose. JMO

True, but there was blood inside her car.
Now, it has never been said how much or if it was older...

Regarding the self inflicted cuts to her fingers. It's been running through my mind that if she was pushed into a trunk of another vehicle from the scene, that perhaps the finger injuries are due to her trying to get out or something of that nature. I know it was said earlier that self inflicted doesn't have to mean she did it on purpose. JMO

OR trying to get out of that culvert. It just seems that in order to know that the injuries were self inflicted, someone would have had to have seen the actual cause of the injury, Otherwise its speculation. So perhaps they discovered CD with her fingers grasping a sharp object or grabbing for a handhold? The only other way I could see, confidently saying they were self inflicted was to have someone (family) saying "I know how that happened".. BUT Stryker says the family wasn't aware of the cuts beforehand. BTW that would indicate that she was alive when she ended up there.

And it hasn't been said if it was Cheryl's blood.

With the blood coupled with her missing, (and eventually found, with self inflicted cuts), it could be construed as Cheryl's blood,
but yet it hasn't been said whose blood…

IMOO.

I thought the same thing about a badge. I've never worked anywhere where I've needed one, but I have visited buildings that require them and it's not really that difficult to get that temporary access.

I agree, if I forgot mine, I probably would have said "oh well..i'll get a temp." But people are different. Maybe CD was just a rule follower that it would have bugged to NOT have it. Or maybe the temporary badges are a pain to get. Or maybe the temporary badge only gave her partial access to the building. Eg. Couldn't get to "good" candy machine on floor 2 or the "clean" bathroom downstairs :)

I agree, if I forgot mine, I probably would have said "oh well..i'll get a temp." But people are different. Maybe CD was just a rule follower that it would have bugged to NOT have it. Or maybe the temporary badges are a pain to get. Or maybe the temporary badge only gave her partial access to the building. Eg. Couldn't get to "good" candy machine on floor 2 or the "clean" bathroom downstairs :)
Where I work, I need my badge to get to ANY bathroom, and to get into the parking garage (yes, that wouldn't apply to her because she was carpooling). I used to work at a company where I needed my badge to send/receive encrypted email and to use the copier. A temporary badge wouldn't be able to do any of those things.

Depending on the company, and her particular position and job duties, it could be a major issue not to have her badge.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I fully agree.

I was reading a research article that mentioned that strangulation was the most common method of a certain type of homicide. I would imagine that it would be difficult to see bruises around the neck, and say definitively, that it was strangulation especially if the time of death was a week or more prior.

I have wondered this myself, if strangulation, could it be possible the small cuts to her fingers were from cutting herself by reaching up to try and free herself. I'm thinking that would technically be self-inflicted...as Stryker57 stated, without intent to cut ones own finger.

I think it would be good to see what the number of commuters and trafic is like at around 7 am in the place or around the area her car was found parked. Anyone here who passes there about this time everyday and can take some pictures?

Maybe she's forgotten it before, possibly more than once and got lightly chastised for it. At my old employer we had to use a special card to punch in and out that we kept with us. I used to forget mine as scatterbrained as I am. After a while my boss was a little irritated with me.

I think maybe someone she knew (worked with maybe) offered to run her home then from her house they would head to work. The blood in the passenger seat of her car could be from the perp going into her car afterwords to retrieve something, maybe make sure tracks were covered....Could have been her blood or theirs. Whoever it was had a motive and the opportunity had presented itself. I don't think it was suicide and I don't think it was random.
JMO

Hope answers come soon for family and friends!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Just trying to make sense of things since its been too long of a wait for any updates on this case....someone posted about a possible scenario of CB getting hit by a car and it really stood out to me.
What if CB wasn't rushed in the morning but actually had time to park (NB) and she walked to the trail heading to P&R. Then halfway she realized she forgot her badge but still have time to go back to get it. She turns around to head back to her car, walking across street while texting, a car hits her, phone flies off her hands and powers down on impact. The perp panics, takes CB into his/her/their car and dumps her at the culvert.

LE keeping it hush to give perp time to turn themselves in, while they collect more evidence before making an arrest?

CB may have suffered a traumatic brain injury without signs of obvious physical trauma.

But this doesn't explain the blood and cut on her fingers.

Lots of assumptions here and
My opinions only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Has it ever been confirmed by MSM that the blood in the car was in fact hers?

And it hasn't been said if it was Cheryl's blood.

With the blood coupled with her missing, (and eventually found, with self inflicted cuts), it could be construed as Cheryl's blood,
but yet it hasn't been said whose blood…

IMOO.

Looks like we posted at the same time,,,,great minds really do think alike !

We could sign a sheet to use a temporary badge for that day. I still don't understand why a person would have to go home to get their badge. Especially someone like Cheryl who had worked there for so long.
Fred Hutch campus is huge. If the security office is in a different building a block away that might be a catalyst for going back to home instead of the hassle on top of being late

I'm not too sure that Pickard and Co. are gong to be able to stall this case for very much longer. Just reading the comments on here, it's pretty obvious that people are getting antsy for information, especially the locals.

I have little doubt the tox reports are already back, we're going on 5 weeks since she was found in the culvert. They aren't going to advertise they're back though, not until they're forced to. The second it is known that the "tox" reports are back, (the very reason given for this ridiculous delay), people in the community are going to want answers.......NOW.

It was stated by the M.E. that samples were being sent off to see if there were any drugs or alcohol in her system.
Question: If she was murdered, what the hell difference does that make ?

Stall, stall, stall. I think these guys are completely stumped and they refuse to admit it.

I agree with Steelman. Those of us who use the MLT Park and Ride continue to be as concerned, if not more, that there is an unknown danger out there. And every day that we go to work and cross those dark streets to meet the bus or carpool, we are afraid. The MLT Police need to address our concerns and let us know what information they have.

Agree with Steelman as well. Locals are getting quite antsy. I was reading comments on a local MLT article & someone said that if this were Mercer Island (very wealthy upper class area), no doubt people would demand & be given answers.

Whether that's true or not is neither here nor there, but it accentuates the rising stress as time goes by with no word at all.

It really makes me believe they have nothing. The theory I have at this point is very small amounts of blood in the car, inconclusive or negative tox results, no DNA, no leads, cause/mechanism drowning via the culvert. Suspected as a homicide but with little to no evidence, could be ruled undetermined. LE stalling & keeping a low profile hoping public concern & media interest will fade.

Had a sister who worked for Geico and mentioned turning around to go back home because it was "such a pain" to get a temp. id.

I think it's possible that LE has nothing. But it's also possible that they have a lot and are building a case.

I shared this on another thread, and you can take it as opinion since I want to keep my anonymity. I was involved with a case that has threads here. It was an abduction and murder (in broad daylight). Myself and another woman escaped, but the third victim, sadly, did not. There were rumors everywhere that LE didn't know anything. NO ONE even knew there were other victims that morning until the TRIAL 5 years later. So just keep in mind that when law enforcement is so quiet, it's often because the priority is to protect the integrity of the investigation. FYI - he's in prison forever.

I think it's possible that LE has nothing. But it's also possible that they have a lot and are building a case.

I shared this on another thread, and you can take it as opinion since I want to keep my anonymity. I was involved with a case that has threads here. It was an abduction and murder (in broad daylight). Myself and another woman escaped, but the third victim, sadly, did not. There were rumors everywhere that LE didn't know anything. NO ONE even knew there were other victims that morning until the TRIAL 5 years later. So just keep in mind that when law enforcement is so quiet, it's often because the priority is to protect the integrity of the investigation. FYI - he's in prison forever.

OMG

I am so sorry
And very happy to know that he is in prison

I guess the public doesn't know what is going on half of the time, but i understand the fears of local people

I'm so sorry :( How horrible that must have been.......

Thank you for sharing this.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing. Your recap speaks volumes about their necessity of holding back information.
Remember Commander Pickard mentioned information being held back due to its sensitive nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper