Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, guys. It was quite an ordeal, to say the least.

Of course, I understand the public being concerned for their safety.

I actually went and read my threads over the weekend. I wanted to review what the public knew then. At the time, I really tried not to watch the news and spend too much time online. And sure enough, many of the posts were just like these threads for Cheryl. Going in circles with the same information, a lot of worry and frustration. I get it. And I feel it, too. But I'm also hopeful! 😊

I think it's possible that LE has nothing. But it's also possible that they have a lot and are building a case.

I shared this on another thread, and you can take it as opinion since I want to keep my anonymity. I was involved with a case that has threads here. It was an abduction and murder (in broad daylight). Myself and another woman escaped, but the third victim, sadly, did not. There were rumors everywhere that LE didn't know anything. NO ONE even knew there were other victims that morning until the TRIAL 5 years later. So just keep in mind that when law enforcement is so quiet, it's often because the priority is to protect the integrity of the investigation. FYI - he's in prison forever.

I am so so sorry for what you went through. Thank you for sharing, and painting a very real picture of why LE might be staying quiet.

Thanks, guys. It was quite an ordeal, to say the least.

Of course, I understand the public being concerned for their safety.

I actually went and read my threads over the weekend. I wanted to review what the public knew then. At the time, I really tried not to watch the news and spend too much time online. And sure enough, many of the posts were just like these threads for Cheryl. Going in circles with the same information, a lot of worry and frustration. I get it. And I feel it, too. But I'm also hopeful! ��

Out of curiosity, where was the suspect prior to being charged and while waiting for trial? How long was the suspect not in jail after the crime?

Out of curiosity, where was the suspect prior to being charged and while waiting for trial? How long was the suspect not in jail after the crime?
If I remember correctly, he was free for two years.

They didn't know it was him for several months. He was arrested for something else after those twoish years, and some time in there they pegged him.

Question:

Does anyone have alerts set up on their phones or computers that will let us know immediately if a press conference is called or newspaper info. is out?

JMO, but I have seen in other cases where some of the locals start hounding the media.
The media then starts bugging the police for answers and etc. I've seen it work and I've seen it not work.
I think with the sense of fear that is present in MLT, locals have a valid point of at the very least knowing just how safe they are.

Has anything been released about bank/ATM activity?

Question:

Does anyone have alerts set up on their phones or computers that will let us know immediately if a press conference is called or newspaper info. is out?

I admit to having an unhealthy obsession with this case. I have a google alert set up and usually a window or two of WS open on my computer everyday, all day.

I admit to having an unhealthy obsession with this case. I have a google alert set up and usually a window or two of WS open on my computer everyday, all day.

Thanks, just set up a google alert, obsessed like you!

I think it's possible that LE has nothing. But it's also possible that they have a lot and are building a case.

I shared this on another thread, and you can take it as opinion since I want to keep my anonymity. I was involved with a case that has threads here. It was an abduction and murder (in broad daylight). Myself and another woman escaped, but the third victim, sadly, did not. There were rumors everywhere that LE didn't know anything. NO ONE even knew there were other victims that morning until the TRIAL 5 years later. So just keep in mind that when law enforcement is so quiet, it's often because the priority is to protect the integrity of the investigation. FYI - he's in prison forever.

Wow! Thanks for sharing your experience! Scary!!!!! Glad you and another woman escaped!!!! Sorry to hear about the 3rd victim.
Hugs!!!!!!!

Hi, thank you for registering me, and for this place to discuss this case. I am a Seattlite, and the first post I'd like to make is in response to several I've seen here referencing a Seattle Facebook user's post about "dark" things happening to women in the area. Some have referenced the user's name by her four-part initials. While I won't automatically deny the possibility of such things happening, I would like to encourage caution in believing this person's warnings as gospel. We have had a tangential social connection for several years, and I suspect that she has opportunistically used several news stories such as this one to promote her metaphysics business and magazine. A highly respected business acquaintance alleged this person was "inauthentic."

My opinion only. Thank you again.

Hi, thank you for registering me, and for this place to discuss this case. I am a Seattlite, and the first post I'd like to make is in response to several I've seen here referencing a Seattle Facebook user's post about "dark" things happening to women in the area. Some have referenced the user's name by her four-part initials. While I won't automatically deny the possibility of such things happening, I would like to encourage caution in believing this person's warnings as gospel. We have had a tangential social connection for several years, and I suspect that she has opportunistically used several news stories such as this one to promote her metaphysics business and magazine. A highly respected business acquaintance alleged this person was "inauthentic."

I actually caught that vibe while reading/researching, so I dismissed her altogether.

Welcome!!

Welcome!! Thank you so very much for posting. The fact that people take advantage of tragedy like this is just terrible. So incredibly disrespectful.

I'm not too sure that Pickard and Co. are gong to be able to stall this case for very much longer. Just reading the comments on here, it's pretty obvious that people are getting antsy for information, especially the locals.

I have little doubt the tox reports are already back, we're going on 5 weeks since she was found in the culvert. They aren't going to advertise they're back though, not until they're forced to. The second it is known that the "tox" reports are back, (the very reason given for this ridiculous delay), people in the community are going to want answers.......NOW.

It was stated by the M.E. that samples were being sent off to see if there were any drugs or alcohol in her system.
Question: If she was murdered, what the hell difference does that make ?

Stall, stall, stall. I think these guys are completely stumped and they refuse to admit it.

is that why they are stalling cause they dont want to admit they are clueless ?

I agree with Steelman. Those of us who use the MLT Park and Ride continue to be as concerned, if not more, that there is an unknown danger out there. And every day that we go to work and cross those dark streets to meet the bus or carpool, we are afraid. The MLT Police need to address our concerns and let us know what information they have.

Would it be helpful, or harmful, if it was confirmed that it was a random attack?

Police have clearly communicated that people need to be cautious, pay attention, park in well lit areas. Let's suppose that police confirm that it was a random attack. What would it change? Police have already warned the community to be careful. Saying that again shouldn't make any difference.

Would it be helpful, or harmful, if it was confirmed that it was a random attack?

Police have clearly communicated that people need to be cautious, pay attention, park in well lit areas. Let's suppose that police confirm that it was a random attack. What would it change? Police have already warned the community to be careful. Saying that again shouldn't make any difference.

It looks like Mountlake Terrace is a fairly crime ridden area. If people aren't already on their guard there, I'm not sure what good a police warning would be.

http://www.areavibes.com/mountlake+terrace-wa/crime/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member