Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont believe anyone actually saw her get into her car at her home. Her son said the home camera picked her up walking toward the car but did not have the car in view. And If I am wrong please correct me but I dont think LE actually said the car picked up in street cameras that it was actually her car, they said that it appeared to be but also could not say it was her driving.

I am wondering if someone may have been in her car when she got in it at her house. My own view on it.

I meant it was possible for someone to be in her car that morning. You couldn't see her car on cameea. Just her walking around corner towards it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

A person who parked behind my mom's car the morning she went missing said it was there when they parked about 8:00am

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It definitely leaves the appearance that the car was there all morning but it could have been left there as late as a few minutes before 8:00 if someone else was driving.

We can split the hair on whether her vehicle was seen on video, or whether was another car that looked just like her car, but why would we?
Asking "someone to come out from behind closed doors" seems a bit like the Salem witch trials. If someone else was seen on video in a car like Cheryl's car, that person should come forward to exclude the 7AM sighting. If someone else was commandeering her car (unlikely) that person is not going to come forward. Odd though that the "someone else" commandeering her car left her car exactly where she may have left it if she had to pull over to send a text about the forgotten badge.

The question about locked/unlocked doors is not really relevant. Cheryl was not in her car, so unlocked or locked doors when the car was found doesn't really matter. It's too late, and much could have changed between the time that she left her house and the time that her car was found.

I do see the car unlocked or locked as relevant.
If she was in the habit of locking her car doors while she was away at work on a workday, then a locked door could mean that whatever happened to Cheryl could have happened AFTER she got out of her car and locked the doors.
Would a perp lock her doors? Most likely not.
And also, the blood on the passenger seat and door. If her doors were locked and she locked them, then the blood might not have anything to do with her being kidnapped, if she was kidnapped...
IMOO.

I do see the car unlocked or locked as relevant.
If she was in the habit of locking her car doors while she was away at work on a workday, then a locked door could mean that whatever happened to Cheryl could have happened AFTER she got out of her car and locked the doors.
Would a perp lock her doors? Most likely not.
And also, the blood on the passenger seat and door. If her doors were locked and she locked them, then the blood might not have anything to do with her being kidnapped, if she was kidnapped...
IMOO.

but why park and get out of your car if you left your badge ? Seems like she would have just made a U turn and headed back home. This whole scenario just seems wacky to me. And still no news..

I don't wear a badge, but I have keys and access cards. I would never forget where they are. I wouldn't be searching under a car seat for job access cards. I would know that I forgot it, and then think about the last time I used it. In Cheryl's case, it was Friday, and unless she was getting undressed in her car, the badge was not in the car. Right?

If someone attacked Cheryl with a knife and she grabbed the blade, it would be called "defensive wounds". Cheryl's injuries are self-inflicted.
Perhaps someone hit her in her car and it caused blood spatter, but given that she was likely moved to a second vehicle, there should also be profuse bleeding (head injury) that dripped on the pavement outside the car. Also, a severe head injury causing blood spatter would also leave blood on the windshield, right?

Knowing very, very well one of those transient people who is a drug addict and lives in the Seattle area; I would have to say that the guy I know would sell a knife or trade it for cigarettes at the first opportunity he had. Heroin addicts I've known keep NOTHING of value because if it has value then it can be turned into more heroin. I DO think the knife/CD grabbing it causing cuts on her fingers is definitely a possibility, though.

I have stared at the pictures of her car after it was towed for so long, zooming in and out, moving around - and I just can't see anything on the passenger side window or windshield that looks like there was a struggle. Some think that there is a crack near the passenger side mirror, but I believe it's just a shadow. I would think that if a violent act occurred in the passenger seat that there would be blood or some other type of smudges/smears on either of those windows, but again, I see nothing that would qualify in the pictures. (I wish I could have seen the car in person, because the pictures aren't 100% perfect.)

.....or ride the bus up and down the corridor to stay warm and land on that stop for a few hours. I think service quits approximately 1-5 am

This is a very good point and I know that many homeless people do this downtown where there are (or used to be) free zones of the city where the buses went, just to stay warm, cool, or dry, but does the MLT route have a free-ride zone? If the corridor you meant was the route from Seattle-MLT, then that wouldn't be free. The transit system here really isn't cheap and even though it was cool and cloudy, it wasn't bad enough to spend $$$ on a bus ticket. IMO

You keep saying her car was found at 8 am. I have seen multiple sources saying it was later that afternoon by Mr. Deboer - I guess I should cross those sources off my accurate list [emoji20]

I do know about 8 am what was witnessed...empty car space..but reports for the vehicle being 'found' are showing later that afternoon by Mr Deboer.

Someone else feel free to correct me as perhaps my sources are inaccurate [emoji20]

Sent from mobile
I have to agree that we can safely assume that her car didn't move after the person who parked behind her car that morning at 8am saw it. I believe that's why we've been rolling with the "it was never moved after she pulled over to text" idea, ever since Stryker introduced that new information to us. That would mean she was transported by someone else.

And her being hit by a car just doesn't sit well with me. I don't think she ever get out of the car. Why would she, since she pulled over exclusively to text that she'd forgotten her badge. She knew she forgot it, she didn't think she dropped it under a seat or something. It was the last place to turn back before getting to the Park-n-Ride traffic mess (commuter traffic is INSANE at that time of day and would have held her up even longer.)

I also believe that CD planned on driving home, grabbing the badge, and then parking AT the actual transit center since it would only be 10 minutes or so and she was already running late to meet up with her friend, so why would she go home, grab the badge, hurry to get to the transit center, only to park where it would take her longer to actually get there by parking so much further away across from the park? Makes zero sense to me.

To me, I feel that everything was 100% normal until she pulled in and parked in order to text that friend. That is the point at which I'm focusing on as to "what went wrong right there?" How did a crime happen at THAT point?

Also, could someone please tell me what BBM right before a person posts means? Thank you!

Because the LE is awaiting Tox to rule on cause of death, does that mean we can rule out stabbing, strangulation, gunshot or any other obvious injury that may have caused her death ?

I wonder if Cheryl had a heart attack or stroke during an altercation. Would LE hold that information, including the medical examiners findings, because it doesn't explain why she was moved to the culvert? But would that be a reason for LE not being able to comment on the 'manner of death"?

but why park and get out of your car if you left your badge ? Seems like she would have just made a U turn and headed back home. This whole scenario just seems wacky to me. And still no news..

Maybe she didn't know she left her badge when she parked. Maybe she realized it after she got out of her car and texted then? I understand that there is a window of a couple minutes from when her car was seen on video and the text.

ETA:
I also want to add, it would be helpful to know Where Cheryl was supposed to meet the car pooler and park her car. If she was supposed to meet them other than where her car was parked, then one can assume she pulled over there to text about her badge and then she was going to go home. There are so many things missing that it makes one think up of many scenarios of how this could have played out.

IMOO.

Knowing very, very well one of those transient people who is a drug addict and lives in the Seattle area; I would have to say that the guy I know would sell a knife or trade it for cigarettes at the first opportunity he had. Heroin addicts I've known keep NOTHING of value because if it has value then it can be turned into more heroin. I DO think the knife/CD grabbing it causing cuts on her fingers is definitely a possibility, though.

I have stared at the pictures of her car after it was towed for so long, zooming in and out, moving around - and I just can't see anything on the passenger side window or windshield that looks like there was a struggle. Some think that there is a crack near the passenger side mirror, but I believe it's just a shadow. I would think that if a violent act occurred in the passenger seat that there would be blood or some other type of smudges/smears on either of those windows, but again, I see nothing that would qualify in the pictures. (I wish I could have seen the car in person, because the pictures aren't 100% perfect.)

This is a very good point and I know that many homeless people do this downtown where there are (or used to be) free zones of the city where the buses went, just to stay warm, cool, or dry, but does the MLT route have a free-ride zone? If the corridor you meant was the route from Seattle-MLT, then that wouldn't be free. The transit system here really isn't cheap and even though it was cool and cloudy, it wasn't bad enough to spend $$$ on a bus ticket. IMO

I have to agree that we can safely assume that her car didn't move after the person who parked behind her car that morning at 8am saw it. I believe that's why we've been rolling with the "it was never moved after she pulled over to text" idea, ever since Stryker introduced that new information to us. That would mean she was transported by someone else.

And her being hit by a car just doesn't sit well with me. I don't think she ever get out of the car. Why would she, since she pulled over exclusively to text that she'd forgotten her badge. She knew she forgot it, she didn't think she dropped it under a seat or something. It was the last place to turn back before getting to the Park-n-Ride traffic mess (commuter traffic is INSANE at that time of day and would have held her up even longer.)

I also believe that CD planned on driving home, grabbing the badge, and then parking AT the actual transit center since it would only be 10 minutes or so and she was already running late to meet up with her friend, so why would she go home, grab the badge, hurry to get to the transit center, only to park where it would take her longer to actually get there by parking so much further away across from the park? Makes zero sense to me.

To me, I feel that everything was 100% normal until she pulled in and parked in order to text that friend. That is the point at which I'm focusing on as to "what went wrong right there?" How did a crime happen at THAT point?

Also, could someone please tell me what BBM right before a person posts means? Thank you!

the homeless addict theory: Wouldnt it be so much easier to just stick her up with a knife demand her purse and maybe phone then split ? If he killed her now he has a dead body to deal with and that takes time away from shooting up?

Seems like a real desperate addict would take her car and part it out, not leave it right where it should be parked like she would have left it on a normal day ?

the homeless addict theory: Wouldnt it be so much easier to just stick her up with a knife demand her purse and maybe phone then split ? If he killed her now he has a dead body to deal with and that takes time away from shooting up?

Seems like a real desperate addict would take her car and part it out, not leave it right where it should be parked like she would have left it on a normal day ?

That's exactly my belief as that's what happens in every incidence, statistically speaking. And for the reason you stated - they just want easy money from an easy target, they don't want a dead person to "deal with." And if they are fiending for a fix SO bad that they're willing to come up to some random lady's window, knock on it, then take her purse...would they really not have USED the credit cards? Addicts take credit cards to Walmart and buy gift cards via, well basically, a vending machine. No interaction with a person and they walk away with however much they can get away with in gift cards - including Visa gift cards that can be used anywhere Visa is accepted. They often sell those for cash or trade them for drugs. Now, the phone - they're experts at stealing anything that's network enabled - all they do is immediately pull the battery on ANY device and then put the battery back in when they know for 100% certainty that there is no network coverage. They usually don't keep those devices long, though.

I wonder if Cheryl had a heart attack or stroke during an altercation. Would LE hold that information, including the medical examiners findings, because it doesn't explain why she was moved to the culvert? But would that be a reason for LE not being able to comment on the 'manner of death"?

I think a combination of blunt force injury to the head and drowning could be the cause of death. Toxicology might be to rule out any chance that she was under the influence and could have fallen and caused those injuries. So, if the tox screen comes back clean, it makes it much more likely she did not stumble to the culvert in a stupor and accidentally fall in, causing blunt force injuries to herself and drowning. Just a theory.

It definitely leaves the appearance that the car was there all morning but it could have been left there as late as a few minutes before 8:00 if someone else was driving.

Right. We really do not know where her car was roughly between 7am and 8am. There were two sightings, the possible one on camera at 7am and the person who parked behind it at 8am. Cheryl's car could have been anywhere between those times.

She could have pulled over anywhere too (in timely distance to fit with the timeframe of being seen (possibly) on camera and stopping to text). It doesn't have to be Cheryl who parked the car in that spot.

I wonder if there was any new outside damage or even scuffs to Cheryl's car that could indicate she hit something that morning. Maybe against her nature she was texting and rolling (aka slowly driving, thinking she'd be okay) that morning and bumped someone's rear. Just something small, but the person or a passenger fly into a rage, march up to her driver's side window and yell at Cheryl. She may have powered her phone off in sort of a reflex to try to 'undo' her texting and driving (basing that on a gut reaction I once had).

There may have been a struggle while the person tried to open her door, they managed, they slap Cheryl and she hits her head and passes out. Then the person freaks out too, pushes her in the passenger seat, and moves her car off the road... but where to go... he might have noticed Cheryl was in distress or possibly passed away already and panicked even more and decides to dump her body. Drives to the culvert, dumps her (either unconscious and she drowns, or deceased already).

Drives back, parks Cheryl's car, and goes to work. I'm envisioning in this scenario she may have hit the rear of a car she tried to park behind while already texting, or maybe an opened car door sticking out into the road.

Just speculation and :cow:

It's a possibility. If someone targeted her they would know when she leaves home and could have surprised her there. The culvert is so close, they could have swung by the culvert, left her there, then driven all the way from cedar to 58th, getting caught on camera crossing 56th, without ruining that timeline too much.

That would mean that person really wanted to make it look random. And also that they would have been in a hurry because it seems like if she were targeted someone would go to greater lengths to find a better hiding place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone was waiting at the home, they would have also had to have known about the missing badge (or hid it) and would have been in correspondence with the carpool friend about it. If Cheryl had a passcode on her phone, they would have had to have known that as well. I don't think the badge would have ever factored into the picture if someone was waiting at home. If Cheryl was abducted there - I doubt she would have mentioned a missing badge in the midst of this turmoil. This theory seems to involved a very well planned out act and I don't get that feeling at all based on what the verified insiders have posted.

I think what happened was due to a moment of opportunity. The badge was missing and set into action a course of events that involved a distracted victim sitting in a car texting. If a witness saw the car parked there at 8 am, I am now assuming the car was not taken unless it was done quickly and put back at that same exact location - what are the chances that the spot would still be available? I am at a loss of how the culvert came into play thought. Is there any entry point near the transit area - I think we said no but wanted to confirm. I still say more than one person was involved especially if her car was not used.

I keep coming back to this case because this could easily be me or a host of other loved ones that go through the same Monday routine. Regardless that I live across country, Cheryl's actions are my own. My husband leaves befor I do, I have a work badge (and I misplace it on more than a few occasions), I park at a train station to commute and I

If someone was waiting at the home, they would have also had to have known about the missing badge (or hid it) and would have been in correspondence with the carpool friend about it. If Cheryl had a passcode on her phone, they would have had to have known that as well. I don't think the badge would have ever factored into the picture if someone was waiting at home. If Cheryl was abducted there - I doubt she would have mentioned a missing badge in the midst of this turmoil. This theory seems to involved a very well planned out act and I don't get that feeling at all based on what the verified insiders have posted.

I think what happened was due to a moment of opportunity. The badge was missing and set into action a course of events that involved a distracted victim sitting in a car texting. If a witness saw the car parked there at 8 am, I am now assuming the car was not taken unless it was done quickly and put back at that same exact location - what are the chances that the spot would still be available? I am at a loss of how the culvert came into play thought. Is there any entry point near the transit area - I think we said no but wanted to confirm. I still say more than one person was involved especially if her car was not used.

I keep coming back to this case because this could easily be me or a host of other loved ones that go through the same Monday routine. Regardless that I live across country, Cheryl's actions are my own. My husband leaves befor I do, I have a work badge (and I misplace it on more than a few occasions), I park at a train station to commute and I

bbm

Has Cheryl's car been seen in the spot where the witness parked behind it at 8am at any other time between 7-8am though?

Yes I would I think running would be the action of choice unless during the robbery there was a moment of recognition. Maybe the person realized who she was and could put a name to a face. In that moment of panic, fatal actions were taken but even at that ....why attempt to hide the crime? What type of person would feel the need to hide a stranger and not so well at that?

That's exactly my belief as that's what happens in every incidence, statistically speaking. And for the reason you stated - they just want easy money from an easy target, they don't want a dead person to "deal with." And if they are fiending for a fix SO bad that they're willing to come up to some random lady's window, knock on it, then take her purse...would they really not have USED the credit cards? Addicts take credit cards to Walmart and buy gift cards via, well basically, a vending machine. No interaction with a person and they walk away with however much they can get away with in gift cards - including Visa gift cards that can be used anywhere Visa is accepted. They often sell those for cash or trade them for drugs. Now, the phone - they're experts at stealing anything that's network enabled - all they do is immediately pull the battery on ANY device and then put the battery back in when they know for 100% certainty that there is no network coverage. They usually don't keep those devices long, though.

Thanking your post. (No "thanks" button on my phone.) the "robbery gone bad" scenario has never made any sense to me.

I also doubt the perp used her car and returned it. Even if he needed to get back to his own car, why return her car to the spot where someone might possibly have witnessed the crime happening? A car loaded with DNA? It would have made more sense to stash it in the general area for the remainder of the day, then run it off a nearby boat launch at night (Lake Ballinger, for example).

A road rage? Someone refferred it some posts behind.

No, makes no sense at all. Cheryl was a 53 yo woman. I know by experience that people is much more tolerant to us when we are this age. The young ones have some respect. The ones that are our age too respect us.

Cheryl was not a pedantic arrogante person that could drive someone mad at her. I think that someone who could approach her inside her car with the intent of having a go at that driver would tame down after seeing her!

Neither road rage, nor a robery going bad, not a heart attack or any sudden ilness. Nothing to me points to it.

In my opinion Cheyl was never that morning at the spot her car was found and it wasn't her who wrote those texts.

I too think her phone was only needed to justify her absence in the carpool and also to ping at the zone she would be at that time. After this it was powered down in order to stop pinging and also because the perp didn't want to have to be dealing with her colleague with more back and forth texts. The more they wrote the more the carpool colleague could see something was fishy about those texts. The important was only to let the carpool know that she would go home because of the badge and then it was switched off and the car was parked to be found later.

I tend to believe she was already in that culvert or was put there later night.

Only to add that I think the perp was not expecting the carpool to ask how much time she would need to go for te badge. But, as the colleague asked and because they were still somehow near the carpool (not far from where this carpool person was), the perp then answered 'ten minuts' in order not to let the carpool suspicious. It gave them time to rush from there and of course they couldn't say more than 10 mins as the house is really about 10 mins from there. But, as far as they answered '10mins' the phone was imediately off and the perp rushed from there. This is what I think. It may be completely stupid, but makes sense to me since the beginning. I mean makes sense with the details we have. Not that this awful case can make any sense at all.

I keep coming back to this case because this could easily be me or a host of other loved ones that go through the same Monday routine. Regardless that I live across country, Cheryl's actions are my own. My husband leaves before I do, I have a work badge (and I misplace it on more than a few occasions), I park at a train station to commute and try to avoid when it gets crowded or gets deserted. On any given day, someone could decide to mess with my routine and leave loved ones lives in shambles. That both scares and angers me to the core. I want to see justice for Cheryl and her family on behalf of every average person trying to go about their average routine. Continued Prayers and support to Cheryl's loved ones.

My post above got cut off via my cell phone so I just wanted to finish it.

Only to add that I think the perp was not expecting the carpool to ask how much time she would need to go for te badge. But, as the colleague asked and because they were still somehow near the carpool (not far from where this carpool person was), the perp then answered 'ten minuts' in order not to let the carpool suspicious. It gave them time to rush from there and of course they couldn't say more than 10 mins as the house is really about 10 mins from there. But, as far as they answered '10mins' the phone was imediately off and the perp rushed from there. This is what I think. It may be completely stupid, but makes sense to me since the beginning. I mean makes sense with the details we have. Not that this awful case can make any sense at all.

With her badge being found at home, but not in its usual place, like it fell behind clothes or clothes were on top of it, per stryker57's post, ( I don't remember the Exact wording), do you think Cheryl told someone about her badge? And they (the perp) texted that the badge was at home?
Do you think someone placed Cheryl's badge back in her home? I am not quite following...

IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member