Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend dropped her wallet a while ago...someone else found it in a trash can and mailed it back to her, cash was gone. But it could easily have stayed in the trash can and been gone forever.

I can think of one case off the top of my head, but it was in the UK: Raoul Moat
I haven't heard of them ever telling the public we're in danger in the United States.

I think Cheryl was murdered, and I'm so sad to hear that LE is likely stumped. However, I don't really believe they aren't working hard on the case.

I also think an accident is impossible in this situation.

Her personal items are missing....isn't that suggestive that someone has them or discarded them? Just because the manner of death wasn't what they would call "violent homicide" doesn't mean someone else wasn't involved here. I don't buy it.

They could have been taken post mortem. Doesn't confirm someone else was involved in the death.

They could have been taken post mortem. Doesn't confirm someone else was involved in the death.

I said earlier its possible she left them in the car and they were removed by someone.

I haven't heard of them ever telling the public we're in danger in the United States.

I think Cheryl was murdered, and I'm so sad to hear that LE is likely stumped. However, I don't really believe they aren't working hard on the case.

I also think an accident is impossible in this situation.

I dont think LE is stumped.... i dont think they have any evidence to support a homicide...

It's going to become undetermined, and become a cold case. Unless they can produce something from her phone or computer records, emails that I could not find when I searched through them.
Even if you could not find things, they could very well still be there, or even pieces of the emails..cookies..cache (as prev stated by another also)..evidence of what was searched for - at times, even i.e. search results you see from a google search are recoverable as seen by the original user. Deleted emails, deleted files, documents viewed, sometimes usernames and passwords..most recent documents accessed..and much more. Don't lose hope of something not being there. Stuff is still there. Even when you 'delete' something, and 'empty the recycle bin' it is not necessarily gone. This is why I hope her work computer and any work mobiles are being analyzed also.

My mobile

I realize that there are numerous methods for suicide, and locations that people go to do this, sometimes which don't make sense; however, how many times do we see here someone who suffered foul play being found in a ditch/culvert/off the road...we see it all the time. Again, how many feet from the road? I read a Stat about this, bodies being found just off the road, how common it is in homicides. It is this location I think which bothers me most about Cheryl's case, seems so reminiscent of dump sites we always see.

Everything is jmo.

Body dumps are sometime obvious they didn't happen at that location i.e. Lack of blood etc. usually it is quick to determine there is another crime scene to find. CD does not appear to have any evidence of struggle, violence etc and her movements - perhaps with the exception of the car to the culvert are pretty well known.

Sorry if this has been answered already, how deep were the cuts, how long, and where exactly on the fingers? I'm still not understanding this self inflicted theory by LE with the cuts...

The only explanation I can come up with is that the fingers were found in such a position that the cuts were evident. Perhaps grasping a plastic bag or sharp object attempting to get out of a culvert. How else could they say with confidence that they were self inflicted. The family already says the cuts were not known beforehand.

Here is another question to answer: if the cuts were self inflicted, where is the knife/razor etc that she used? You would think it would be in the car....

I said earlier its possible she left them in the car and they were removed by someone.

I believe it was said that her car was locked when they found it. I suppose it's possible that she left her car unlocked, someone took her phone/wallet, and then locked the doors behind them, but I find that more unlikely of a scenario.

I wish at least one piece of her personal items is found.

The police said they found a "small item" that was helpful, following the search of the area a couple of days after Cheryl was found. Did they ever announce what the item was?

Body dumps are sometime obvious they didn't happen at that location i.e. Lack of blood etc. usually it is quick to determine there is another crime scene to find. CD does not appear to have any evidence of struggle, violence etc and her movements - perhaps with the exception of the car to the culvert are pretty well known.
It's the 1.4 (?) mile walk to the culvert that sticks in my craw. Unless that was the closest "private" place. Are the any sidewalks or paths along the route?

People who are attacked generally go into a fight or flight state, there is no word of any defensive wounds, or any other marks. If someone tried to put a bag over my head I can tell you I would resist strenuously.

The most common reactions to threats and extreme stress are fight, flight, and freeze aka tonic immobility. It's very easy to say what one would do but that may not be the way your brain actually allows you to respond to a particular threat. More info:

Traumatic events and tonic immobility - Disabuses the notion that freezing is limited to threats of sexual assault, ie:
There were no significant differences in tonic immobility between different types of trauma (e.g., physical abuse, assault or aggression, serious accident), except that the mean tonic immobility score was significantly higher in the group with trauma due to physical/psychological or sexual abuse than in the group with trauma due to receiving news of the mutilation, serious injury, or violent or sudden death of a loved one.

Exploring Human Freeze Responses to a Threat Stressor - In a clinically controlled situation and knowing the potential physical effects, participants inhaled a mixture of 20% CO[SUB]2[/SUB]/80% O[SUB]2[/SUB] for 20 seconds. Compared to the 19 and 20% reporting mild to moderate or greater urges to flee, 18 and 13% reported feelings of immobility.

Women have long been berated for responding to danger with "paralyzing fear" while it's been long accepted that men do in combat situations. Toxic immobility isn't a choice.

I think the opposite of that; they are few to no indications of homicide, and every suicide scene looks a little odd to begin with.... the more avenues are examined it has become clear to LE that it is not looking like a homicide.
Hi, ANZAC.

This reads as an opinion stated as fact. Do you by chance have a link which states LE's conclusions?

I dont think the answers are going to be found on a computer or a phone.
The.ppl that were with her most migbt be able to shed so.e light.

Here is another question to answer: if the cuts were self inflicted, where is the knife/razor etc that she used? You would think it would be in the car....

Well, IF, as others have speculated, she staged her disappearance/suicide then she probably wouldn't have left a knife/scissors in the car. Maybe something on her key fob?

The police said they were investigating this as a homicide (but remained open to other options) right from the discovery of the body and initial autopsy, correct?

So what has changed? They knew about the bag, they knew about the lack of defensive wounds, all of the things stated. Why didn't they push it as suicide or accident from the start instead of implying they had evidence that was "helpful" and implying they believed it was homicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14