Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was found in a large culvert containing a creek. Her clothes were not disheveled and there were no tears in the fabric. Her glasses were folded. Brambles covering the eastside of the culvert had not been disturbed. There were no signs of disturbance to the ground along the west side of the culvert, Wilson said.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160323/NEWS01/160329601

Folding glasses?
Who would fold glasses, unless they were going to go to sleep? Or???

Would a perp fold her glasses?

Wow. More and more it looks like a suicide to me…

IMOO.

Or, if it was a homicide, perhaps by someone who cared for her... it seems that it could show care and consideration. (this is me, keeping an open mind)

Or, if it was a homicide, perhaps by someone who cared for her... it seems that it could show care and consideration. (this is me, keeping an open mind)

Yes! Care and consideration…. except if it was a homicide, they didn't have any care or consideration for her then, maybe previously, but not when they murdered her…

IMOO.

Yeah, unless someone actually broke or cut the bushes, I would expect evidence of rolling her body to be shown on her rather than the bushes (I get what you mean; I live around here, too :) )
This makes me think that she went in on the west side after all, even though there was speculation that she went in on the east side and was carried into the culvert. Then again, a month ago the vegetation probably wasn't as dense or high. Everything has kicked into high gear the past couple of weeks.

And good point about the search party possibly obscuring any tracks. Although I wonder which way THEY approached the culvert from?

I don't know what to think, either way there's staging and/or red herrings. Here's the best view of the vegetation at the time of the investigation that I could find, from KIRO7.

attachment.php

If the other photo remains attached, it's a close-up of the roadside from KATU that shows the brown foliage isn't berry vines.

Attachments

• Evidence-search-underway_1455653415112_1842020_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    Evidence-search-underway_1455653415112_1842020_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 279
  • f1599e0c-c878-4b2c-ae22-bc7e69e42adb-150216_mountlake_terrace_03_1200.jpg
    f1599e0c-c878-4b2c-ae22-bc7e69e42adb-150216_mountlake_terrace_03_1200.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 65
She was found in a large culvert containing a creek. Her clothes were not disheveled and there were no tears in the fabric. Her glasses were folded. Brambles covering the eastside of the culvert had not been disturbed. There were no signs of disturbance to the ground along the west side of the culvert, Wilson said.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160323/NEWS01/160329601

so do they think she got in the culvert further up from the culvert? or she got in from the road (but then i think shed have other injuries)? or are they just saying theres nothing to show a "disturbance" meaning a violent event?

so do they think she got in the culvert further up from the culvert? or she got in from the road (but then i think shed have other injuries)? or are they just saying theres nothing to show a "disturbance" meaning a violent event?

I think it means they saw no signs of a struggle, Nothing was disturbed. She just walked in!

I wonder where exactly the folded glasses were found. It seems like they would wash away if they were in the creek. Were they near her? Washed up to one side? Folded and in a pocket of her clothing?

I thought Stryker said something earlier that LE was further north looking at that area. I have been trying to find it but cant seem to locate his post now.

I wonder where exactly the folded glasses were found. It seems like they would wash away if they were in the creek. Were they near her? Washed up to one side? Folded and in a pocket of her clothing?

And I wonder if these glasses were glasses that she needed to wear every waking minute, and not just reading glasses?

IMOO

Folding glasses?
Who would fold glasses, unless they were going to go to sleep? Or???

Would a perp fold her glasses?

Wow. More and more it looks like a suicide to me…

IMOO.

I'd definitely take my glasses off if I was putting a bag over my head. I wouldn't want them to fog up because I find that annoying as hell and I wouldn't want any distractions from the task at hand.

And I wonder if these glasses were glasses that she needed to wear every waking minute, and not just reading glasses?

IMOO

Right. That's what I'm wondering. Were they reading glasses or glasses to see in the distance with?

I'd definitely take my glasses off if I was putting a bag over my head. I wouldn't want them to fog up because I find that annoying as hell and I wouldn't want any distractions from the task at hand.

and with her being claustrophobic, having her glasses off might be easier for her so she couldn't see… (depending on if she is near or far sighted…)

IMOO.

I thought Stryker said police and them felt she entered from the east side, where the blackberry bushes are/were?

These will help: Stryker's annotated image and eucalyptuz's compilation image

East - where the blackberry bushes are, suspected entry point, and where the investigation focused both initially and when they returned.

West - where her body was found, open side, visible from the road.

Right. That's what I'm wondering. Were they reading glasses or glasses to see in the distance with?

And I guess it also depends on her prescription.
I have progressives and I don't need reading glasses.

IMOO.

I'm thinking she needed to wear glasses all the time.
Only because every photo I saw of her she is wearing them!

and with her being claustrophobic, having her glasses off might be easier for her so she couldn't see… (depending on if she is near or far sighted…)

IMOO.

I worked on Cruise ships for 9 years. There were many Suicides on the ship. A person would just vanish in the night. Jumped overboard. They.... more times than not took their shoes off and left them there by the railing. To me this is like removing the glasses and folding them.

IMOO

I'm thinking she needed to wear glasses all the time.
Only because every photo I saw of her she is wearing them!

I have seen one picture of Cheryl outdoors standing next to her husband in the bright daylight where she was not wearing her glasses. This was during a time where I was trying to find a definitive answer to this very question. I can find it if needed as a source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc