Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've probably already read something like this but if you don't know why it's really not possible to asphyxiate in this way take a look at this online discussion:

https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Suicide/Suffocation/Exit_(plastic)_bag_with_sedatives

So she could've been in some sleep walking comatose state during all this? I think, if I'm reading that correctly.
If drugs are going to be in her system, I wonder if she had or has a prescription for any type of sleeping aid or barbiturates. If not, I wonder where she'd get them?? Or who would've given them to her?

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I don't know anything at all about how drugs stay in a person's system, but would a non-prescription drug like Benadryl be picked up on a tox screen? I recall a case in Oregon where a woman named Jennifer (forget the last name :( ) purchased something similar that had a sleepiness side effect before driving to an isolated place and hanging herself. She was on video buying them at the drugstore, and they found the used package in her vehicle.

Thank you! I think I missed a series of posts in the last thread. I (intend to) read every single post, but I also missed him say that she was claustrophobic.

So if she then opened the door to go to the culvert, there should be blood in a door handle, no?

Stryker said some was on the center console. I just can't recall if he also said her blood was on the door and handle. In case you missed this part, he also said that the animal blood was on the floor of the car (didn't specify passenger or driver side).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So she could've been in some sleep walking comatose state during all this? I think, if I'm reading that correctly.
If drugs are going to be in her system, I wonder if she had or has a prescription for any type of sleeping aid or barbiturates. If not, I wonder where she'd get them?? Or who would've given them to her?

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.
Stryker said that the toxicology report was clear. No medications.

That water would have been so cold. I just can't imagine laying down in it and then staying down in it even if my intention was suicide.

I don't know anything at all about how drugs stay in a person's system, but would a non-prescription drug like Benadryl be picked up on a tox screen? I recall a case in Oregon where a woman named Jennifer (forget the last name :( ) purchased something similar that had a sleepiness side effect before driving to an isolated place and hanging herself. She was on video buying them at the drugstore, and they found the used package in her vehicle.

Hudson

Whoa. I just started watching a "48 Hours" rerun ("A Fall From Grace") where a young woman was murdered but it was staged to look like a suicide via plastic bag.

That statement doesn't indicate to me that Cheryl walked away from her car.

I know they have not publicly released their evidence backing their statement (that she was in the vicinity where her car was found), though I imagine they possibly will when/if the ME makes a manner of death determination. I do believe LE has the evidence though, although I expect there is additional forensic work going on as part of the outstanding items they mentioned that will cover this point in the timeline.

I think from the POV of the discussion here, we should just trust what they said.

Does anybody have any idea if there was even water in the culvert at that time, meaning the day she disappeared ?

She was found almost a week after disappearing and it had been raining off and on all week. How about the week or two prior to her disappearing, was there a lot of rain or was it pretty mild and dry ?

Maybe the inside of the culvert was mainly dry when she walked in there. If it was, this might make a little more sense. The inside of that culvert would have been a pretty good hiding spot, away from prying eyes.

I know when I was a little kid, just a couple of years ago, we loved playing hide and seek in places like that.

Does anybody have any idea if there was even water in the culvert at that time, meaning the day she disappeared ?

She was found almost a week after disappearing and it had been raining off and on all week. How about the week or two prior to her disappearing, was there a lot of rain or was it pretty mild and dry ?

Maybe the inside of the culvert was mainly dry when she walked in there. If it was, this might make a little more sense. The inside of that culvert would have been a pretty good hiding spot, away from prying eyes.

I know when I was a little kid, just a couple of years ago, we loved playing hide and seek in places like that.
I don't know for sure 100%, but I'm from the area, and the time of year really isn't ever dry. I'm 99% certain there was water in the culvert the day she went missing.

If she inhaled Chloroform would that be noticed on any lab results?

And was the razor used to cut something open and she accidently cut her fingers.

I believe the problem with the tracking dogs was that there was no way to determine whether they would be picking up on Cheryl's scent from that morning or a different time when she was in the area. The evidence was the cellphone triangulation garnered from where her text was sent from.

I think it is very unlikely she was there before, or recently enough to make a difference with the dogs.

Also the trackers in the picture (I recognize one of them) are human trackers (sign cutters). Here is a company that trains trackers in this skill FYI only: http://www.jhardin-inc.com/web/

Trailing scent dogs are less useful (to prove she went one way or the other) given how much time passed from when she went missing. And then the cadaver dogs are useful only if there are human remains still there. So I don't see a scenario where dogs are useful in the second big pass they did over the scene.

I wonder if there is a way to the culvert from a park without even having to walk on the road.

I don't know for sure 100%, but I'm from the area, and the time of year really isn't ever dry. I'm 99% certain there was water in the culvert the day she went missing.

I agree. I would be shocked if the culvert had been low or dry any time in the last 6 months or more.

If she inhaled Chloroform would that be noticed on any lab results?

General answer: yes. I am not sure how long it lasts in the body though, and there's a difference between lungs (inhalation) and stomach/liver (ingestion). Another question for the autopsy results.

MLT PD said "2-3 feet" - I don't have the link handy, for that I apologize.

You've probably already read something like this but if you don't know why it's really not possible to asphyxiate in this way take a look at this online discussion:

https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Suicide/Suffocation/Exit_(plastic)_bag_with_sedatives

There definitely have been asphyxiation cases with a bag (tied off around neck) and nothing else.

Also in this case, the bag was "secured loosely" **AND** she was in the water. I think the bag and water combination would effectively create a "seal" over the nose and mouth. It is just a theory of mine, not planning to test it. The pressure on the bag on her face underwater would have been somewhere between 1 and 1.5 PSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc