Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like this is how misinformation is spread. If you don't even know what an exit bag is, why repeat it? I'm not trying to be rude, but I think out of respect for the family, and Cheryl, we should be careful about these things. Stryker made it clear that she wasn't found with one, and the media made it clear as well.

Correct, there was no exit bag found. She may have improvised with a different type of bag which she had access to.

Here are a few thoughts I've had:

1) is it possible she used a razor bag to open the package of fish to thaw? Sometimes the freezer packed food (assuming she has a food packer) has to be cut with scissors. It could be WHY she had it THAT day.

2) a woman commuting to Seattle would most likely take her lunch. Did Cheryl take her lunch usually? Could the bag have been with her at one point to carry her lunch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like this is how misinformation is spread. If you don't even know what an exit bag is, why repeat it? I'm not trying to be rude, but I think out of respect for the family, and Cheryl, we should be careful about these things. Stryker made it clear that she wasn't found with one, and the media made it clear as well.
Thank you for clarifying that and I completely understand your points.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

If it was raining, Mrs. DeBoer probably folded up her glasses and put them in her pocket because they were getting wet.

As we have talked about a plastic bag to cover her head in the rain, it is interesting to see that women in the PNW have hoods on their coats, don't use umbrellas and aren't overly concerned about getting their hair wet on the way to work. What about your face? Doesn't getting it wet ruined your make up? I have many coats, none with hoods, do not even own a hoodie of any kind. Hoodies just mess up a do something awful. But I have umbrellas (plural) in each car and near every door. I have one that folds up to put in my purse and a couple of giant ones for two. It rains a lot here too but us southern gals tend to not want our even our coats to get wet, mcuh less our shoes, hair, purse or briefcase! We will gladly put a plastic shopping bag over our hair, our shoes, our purse, our briefcase. LOL Funny how we differ when it comes to handling rain based on locale.

Maybe we are part cat down here. LOL

As an aside and a word of advice:

My dear friend was accosted in a parking garage by a man with a gun who told her to walk quietly to her car. She knew if she got into a car with him, it would not turn out well so she just fell to the ground as if she had fainted. She even thought to purposefully fall onto her side to be a smaller target for his gun, with her purse underneath her body. She said "if he was going to take me, he was going to have to carry me and he didn't know which car was mine". Smart girl, he fled. Do this is you are accosted and have no other way to escape. A man carrying a limp woman will be remembered by anyone with eyes and the perp knows it. A woman walking quietly beside a man to her car is not going to be noticed.

I have been gone for hours and this thread turned into a new thread so I cannot quote the right person- but did the cat breeder (I'm sorry if that is not your technical title) state CD carried a gun?

Was CD found with the gun on her? I'm very curious about that and have not really seen it mentioned other than the one post.

Everything makes sense in this case if you stop trying to figure out a suicide angle and focus on abduction and murder. Things only seem wonky when the hypothesis is wonky too.

OT but I guess I am the anomaly because I have lived in the Northwest for nearly 40 years and I use an umbrella if it's raining really hard. Mainly because I wear glasses and a hood just isn't enough to keep my glasses dry.

Mrs. DeBoer was a hunter and probably owned a rifle or a shotgun or both, but that does not mean she owned a handgun.

There are so many pieces to this case that make absolutely no sense. Hopefully that is not always the case.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm still thinking Cheryl was targeted and murdered.

And for some reason, the murderer decided to throw in everything she's ever seen on some crime show---animal blood! razor blade! plastic bag! drowning! misdirection!--all but the kitchen sink.

It might be amusing if it wasn't so tragic. And, so far, successful.

Just a couple of thoughts. In a murder investigation, all people are on the table until cleared. Everyone in Cheryl's life should be considered and questioned. Start with those closest to her, and work outward. Her husband, son, mother, niece, etc., have all been cleared (or so I understand). So move to the next tier.

To be clear: I have not sleuthed anyone, have not investigated or searched for info on any person associated with this case. I'm just making some comments.

Someone upthread said that Cheryl was the only person who knew she forgot her badge that morning. No, her carpool person also knew, once she told him\her. And was that person late to work, since s\he said they waited for Cheryl until 7:30? (I did read where Stryker said the carpool person had been nothing but helpful, but, again, when a nice lady is murdered, all avenues must be explored. Don't take things at face value.)

Cheryl's routine for workday mornings sounds very regular, and quite predictable, so that made it easy for the person plotting to harm her. I still think someone she knew (or thought she knew, like a friend of a friend, or simply an acquaintance) drove up, and Cheryl got in with them to go get her badge and go to work. She would have had her car keys, her wallet, and her phone with her.

I agree with Stripehaven (I think it was?) who posted that s\he would like to know who suggested the search for Cheryl be expanded, who was in the search party that found her, etc. People had been searching for Cheryl a week when she was found, but still. Seems a tad convenient for her to be found by a search crew when she was likely to soon be spotted by a driver coming down the hill toward that intersection.

Stryker, my heart breaks for you. I am so sorry you've lost your mother, that your family is having to bear this loss. I hope and pray for a resolution you all can have peace about.

Mrs. DeBoer was a hunter and probably owned a rifle or a shotgun or both, but that does not mean she owned a handgun.

Except someone in the previous thread stated that. I'm going to try to find it.

OT but I guess I am the anomaly because I have lived in the Northwest for nearly 40 years and I use an umbrella if it's raining really hard. Mainly because I wear glasses and a hood just isn't enough to keep my glasses dry.
I use an umbrella as well. As I said before, I'm vain. Haha. :) I also own more hoodies than I can count! But I've never seen anyone put a bag over their head.

I have been gone for hours and this thread turned into a new thread so I cannot quote the right person- but did the cat breeder (I'm sorry if that is not your technical title) state CD carried a gun?

Was CD found with the gun on her? I'm very curious about that and have not really seen it mentioned other than the one post.

If you click on the poster's username it will bring up a small box with six choices. Selecting "view forum posts" will show you all of that user's posts on Websleuths.

If it was raining, Mrs. DeBoer probably folded up her glasses and put them in her pocket because they were getting wet.

As an aside and a word of advice:

My dear friend was accosted in a parking garage by a man with a gun who told her to walk quietly to her car. She knew if she got into a car with him, it would not turn out well so she just fell to the ground as if she had fainted. She even thought to purposefully fall onto her side to be a smaller target for his gun, with her purse underneath her body. She said "if he was going to take me, he was going to have to carry me and he didn't know which car was mine". Smart girl, he fled. Do this is you are accosted and have no other way to escape. A man carrying a limp woman will be remembered by anyone with eyes and the perp knows it. A woman walking quietly beside a man to her car is not going to be noticed.

rsbm

And Cheryl would not have drawn attention that morning if she willingly got into another car. It would look like just another carpool meeting up.

Post 105 on this thread.

I use an umbrella as well. As I said before, I'm vain. Haha. :) I also own more hoodies than I can count! But I've never seen anyone put a bag over their head.
I've held a bag on top of my head but not "over" it if its raining super hard. I'm usually too lazy to carry an umbrella. Love the hoodies too!

Poor Cheryl :( Another day with no answers for her family.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If Cheryl walked to the culvert, how did she get there without being seen?
What route did she take?

Why would she choose that particular location?
Why didn't she choose one of the nearer culverts, or the lake in the cemetery?

Where might her phone be found?

View attachment 91038

Otto, good questions. I'm leaning toward suicide.

A lot of WSers are wondering how her body ended up over a mile from her car. I think it is likely that she just started walking. Wasn't sure if she could go through with it, and was walking. Before she knew it, she was a mile+ away from her car. There have been other cases where people have walked for hours before taking their lives. We can only surmise that they were having lots of internal discussions leading up to the moment.

Unless it was an online purchase it could have been cash. Loose razor blades can be bought at drugstores for like $5.

I was thinking more along the lines of why would a 53 year old woman have a razor blade in her coat pocket.

Razor blades can be bought at drug stores. If Cheryl's husband uses a razor, then where did Cheryl get the razor blade, and if she bought it, where's the rest of the package?

Having a razor blade in the pocket as an indicator of self-inflicted injuries is like having a gun in your pocket as you lay dying from a suicide shot to the head.

The gun, or a razor blade, in pocket does not mean suicide.
It means someone staged the crime.

So this explains it. She sat next to the creek with the bag over her head rebreathing the air to allow a slow buildup of carbon dioxide in her bloodstream. That produced the drowsiness ...
Too much or too little carbon dioxide causes me to feel dizzy first, get a full blown panic attack second, and immediately get a headache. And that's just from overbreathing or holding my breath. With the same flight or fight response kicking in for Cheryl, if it was of her own accord, I cannot imagine the sheer will it took to keep a bag on her head all the way until she passed out, because feeling that sensation for just a short time has caused me to call 911 and beg for help. (I have severe panic attacks that come out of nowhere.)

The cat breeder (I feel so bad I forget the name!!!) did not feel comfortable sharing details further than that Cheryl owned a .357. It was never stated that she conceal-carried it, or that it was found on her or near her, or if it was still at home as usual.

RSBM - MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members