Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cheryl were to take her own life I would think there would be other options then to throw herself in the culvert. Five or six blocks to the north of her home there is a heavy wooded area she could easily have gone to and two blocks south of her home is Terrace Creek Park.

In my opinon and I have stated it here many times I do not feel she killed herself! I know, there is the texting, the animal blood, the bag! This whole thing is crazy and I can't begin to imagine what the family has been going through!

Has anyone heard anymore info on the guy at the PNR with the hand cutter? I find it strange that wasn't on the news!

I'm not certain if this has been answered, but I was curious myself and found the following info for the time of "first light" and sunrise on 8 Feb. 2016:

Checking for sunrise on 8 Feb. 2016, the time is listed as 7:27 a.m.

http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/seattle?month=2

Info re: dawn vs sunrise:

http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-dawn-and-vs-sunrise/

What is the difference between Dawn and Sunrise?

• Sunrise is the moment when sun is exactly parallel to the horizon.

• Dawn is the moment when the sun has yet not appeared on the horizon, but there is still some light because of the scattering of sunlight through refraction.

• Dawn takes place earlier than sunrise.

• Dawn is also referred to as daybreak, and it is a time when there is some sunlight when sun has still not risen.

• Dawn takes place some thirty minutes before sunrise.

Thank you for finding this. From your link:

Sunrise 7:27 AM
Sunset 5:21 PM
Astronomical Twilight 5:42 AM, 7:06 PM
Nautical Twilight 6:18 AM, 6:30 PM
Civil Twilight 6:54 AM, 5:53 PM

both home and work computers were searched. I think there ought to be a headline in the Seattle paper that reads:

POLICE FIND NO EVIDENCE OF SUICIDE ON CHERYL DeBOER'S COMPUTERS

It's certainly a strong point on the side of murder.

Stryker57, has Cheryl's date of death been confirmed? And if yes, what date?

IMOO.

It's certainly a strong point on the side of murder.

It can also be construed that she didn't need to look up any suicide information, whether she committed suicide, or not...

IMOO.

Stryker57, has Cheryl's date of death been confirmed? And if yes, what date?

IMOO.

Good question.

Stryker has stated earlier here that he believed she had been in the culvert since the Monday of her disappearance but I don't think this was publicly confirmed by the police or ME.

I sourced out the guidelines for death certificate completion and it seems the WA state guidelines allow for an ME-estimated date to be entered, but the US guidelines are less specific, asking for an approximate date or the date found to be entered.
Compare:
http://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/Pubs/422-070-RegistrationDeathRecords.pdf (WA)
with
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/DEATH11-03final-acc.pdf

There's things I don't feel comfortable saying without asking him and the police but one obvious thing is that they are extremely conservative in a very liberal area. They are hunters. I'm sure an anti hunter would feel that's an ideal way to make a point? I have no evidence of this but I feel like there may have been a threat beforehand.

I wouldn't assume they are 'extremely conservative' because they hunt. That's a stereotype. You can be politically liberal and also enjoy hunting.

The hunters I know use what they take - they eat it and/or share it with others. I'd rather eat a wild turkey (free-range, organic, lived a great life and died quickly) than a turkey raised for profit in cramped conditions, fed who-knows-what and bred to grow fast and taste bland. But that's not the point - hunting does not equal conservative.

Did Mike have any enemies? Was there someone that wanted to hurt Mike in the worst way possible and this was the way it was done? And to be found on Valentine's Day? It seems this might be a cold, calculated, personal attack on Mike Deboer instead of looking at just Cheryl Deboer's activities and relationships with people. Was there a coworker or a friend that wanted to take something away from Mike? Make him feel as much pain as possible? But then maybe the killer felt remorse at the end by folding her glasses...? Just a theory that maybe we need to look closer at Mike's relationships with people instead of just Cheryl's?
This is an interesting suggestion especially coupled with the fact that they were both sportsmen. They both could have found some enemies in this way.

It can also be construed that she didn't need to look up any suicide information, whether she committed suicide, or not...

IMOO.

Someone who was contemplating suicide might look at potential areas to go, in addition to methods. If there was no search of locations, why that particular creek and culvert?

Good question.

Stryker has stated earlier here that he believed she had been in the culvert since the Monday of her disappearance but I don't think this was publicly confirmed by the police or ME.

I sourced out the guidelines for death certificate completion and it seems the WA state guidelines allow for an ME-estimated date to be entered, but the US guidelines are less specific, asking for an approximate date or the date found to be entered.
Compare:
http://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/Pubs/422-070-RegistrationDeathRecords.pdf (WA)
with
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/DEATH11-03final-acc.pdf

Right, I believe that was his opinion. I was wanting to know if Cheryl's date of death was confirmed by the ME, and what date was it.

IMOO.

Someone who was contemplating suicide might look at potential areas to go, in addition to methods. If there was no search of locations, why that particular creek and culvert?

She didn't live far from it. Cheryl was from Mountlake Terrace. She knew the area quite well, I imagine.
IMOO.

I wouldn't assume they are 'extremely conservative' because they hunt. That's a stereotype. You can be politically liberal and also enjoy hunting.

The hunters I know use what they take - they eat it and/or share it with others. I'd rather eat a wild turkey (free-range, organic, lived a great life and died quickly) than a turkey raised for profit in cramped conditions, fed who-knows-what and bred to grow fast and taste bland. But that's not the point - hunting does not equal conservative.

I totally agree. There are "liberals" that I know, that hunt.

IMOO.

As many here have noted it's hard to get inside the head of a suicidal person, but if someone was looking for a location to die, I'm not sure a computer search would come in to it. What would you search for? Google maps: "Creeks, drains, forests in the area?". I think it's more likely that a location would be chosen from first-hand knowledge and experience with that place*. Especially as the culvert was not somewhere requiring a great effort to get to (cf: Golden Gate Bridge searches that police found in the case of another disappearance on WS).

ETA: *Which, in turn, begs the questions many have been asking "Did Cheryl have any experience with that part of MLT?", "Did she have a childhood home in that area?"

If Cheryl were to take her own life I would think there would be other options then to throw herself in the culvert. Five or six blocks to the north of her home there is a heavy wooded area she could easily have gone to and two blocks south of her home is Terrace Creek Park.

In my opinon and I have stated it here many times I do not feel she killed herself! I know, there is the texting, the animal blood, the bag! This whole thing is crazy and I can't begin to imagine what the family has been going through!

Has anyone heard anymore info on the guy at the PNR with the hand cutter? I find it strange that wasn't on the news!
lyon creek runs through that park, just saying. Has her phone records been searched? Also....maybe the family friend or people who have visited that butcher can comment....does there tend to be a plastic wrap, styrofoam, label & receipt with purchase of kitty food? I would think there would be, as well as a bag it was carried in. Also not sure why people are so focused on whether you could smear it hours later, didnt stryker just say ot was a smearable amount? Meaning, large amount? Not that you could actually smear it still? I wonder why police didnt mention blood found in her car to the public in the beginning...maybe they were thinking suicide at that point but didnt want to tell us because they werent sure..or else they didnt want to alarm us further.

As many here have noted it's hard to get inside the head of a suicidal person, but if someone was looking for a location to die, I'm not sure a computer search would come in to it. What would you search for? Google maps: "Creeks, drains, forests in the area?". I think it's more likely that a location would be chosen from first-hand knowledge and experience with that place*. Especially as the culvert was not somewhere requiring a great effort to get to (cf: Golden Gate Bridge searches that police found in the case of another disappearance on WS).

ETA: *Which, in turn, begs the questions many have been asking "Did Cheryl have any experience with that part of MLT?", "Did she have a childhood home in that area?"

I don't know where her childhood home was, but she did attend these schools:

"She has been a lifelong Mountlake Terrace community member, first moving to the area when she was 15 months old and returning when she had her son Eric. She attended Brier Elementary and Junior High School then graduated from Mountlake Terrace High School."

http://mltnews.com/family-remembers-cheryl-deboer-following-celebration-of-life/

I don't know where her childhood home was, but she did attend these schools:

"She has been a lifelong Mountlake Terrace community member, first moving to the area when she was 15 months old and returning when she had her son Eric. She attended Brier Elementary and Junior High School then graduated from Mountlake Terrace High School."

http://mltnews.com/family-remembers-cheryl-deboer-following-celebration-of-life/

That is interesting. On this map showing zones, the Elementary School (marker #16) and Jr HS (marker #69) are very close to the culvert area:
MLT school boundaries copy.jpg
from: http://www.edmonds.wednet.edu/site/Default.aspx?PageID=346

Sorry in advance if someone has already posted this...I was away last week and tried to fully catch up but I may have missed some things.

ETA: On closer examination the zones for these school are very large and a person could still live a mile or 2 away from the culvert and still attend them. However it does establish an approximate 50 year relationship with the immediate area.

Also, ill again say there doesnt have to be a blood trail if an animals injured. My puppy got hit by a car in 2008. There was never blood on the cement & i imagine if he had a deep enough wound that was bleeding a lot & was picked up a certain way like wound side up, he may not have a a blood trail created. However, once sat on a car floor and left to own devices, an animal may move, creating blood trail. I think if blood was from animal food, animal food wrappers would be in house garbage and the son wouldnt be left eith the question of what is it? The husband would know about kitty being fed meat etc.

Isnt the TOD the day the body was found!

But how do we know that, when she wasn't found until the 14th? She could have passed any time between the 8th and 14th for all we know, as it hasn't been announced by the ME.

IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member