Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is interesting. On this map showing zones, the Elementary School (marker #16) and Jr HS (marker #69) are very close to the culvert area:
View attachment 91303
from: http://www.edmonds.wednet.edu/site/Default.aspx?PageID=346

Sorry in advance if someone has already posted this...I was away last week and tried to fully catch up but I may have missed some things.

ETA: On closer examination the zones for these school are very large and a person could still live a mile or 2 away from the culvert and still attend them. However it does establish an approximate 50 year relationship with the immediate area.

I wanted to add that last year was a 50 year celebration for Brier Elementary School.

http://mltnews.com/brier-elementary-celebrates-50-years-birthday-celebration-set-for-may-31/

Also, ill again say there doesnt have to be a blood trail if an animals injured. My puppy got hit by a car in 2008. There was never blood on the cement & i imagine if he had a deep enough wound that was bleeding a lot & was picked up a certain way like wound side up, he may not have a a blood trail created. However, once sat on a car floor and left to own devices, an animal may move, creating blood trail. I think if blood was from animal food, animal food wrappers would be in house garbage and the son wouldnt be left eith the question of what is it? The husband would know about kitty being fed meat etc.
I think it was something that would have been discussed between them, as well. I don't think she had time to swing by the butcher shop or meet with anyone to get fresh, raw pet food that morning which would have leaked and stayed "smearable" but who knows... that is my supposition

But how do we know that, when she wasn't found until the 14th? She could have passed any time between the 8th and 14th for all we know, as it hasn't been announced by the ME.

IMOO.

Exactly they don't know!
so they give the date the person is found.
I think its been that way in just about every case I followed here.

Did Mike have any enemies? Was there someone that wanted to hurt Mike in the worst way possible and this was the way it was done? And to be found on Valentine's Day? It seems this might be a cold, calculated, personal attack on Mike Deboer instead of looking at just Cheryl Deboer's activities and relationships with people. Was there a coworker or a friend that wanted to take something away from Mike? Make him feel as much pain as possible? But then maybe the killer felt remorse at the end by folding her glasses...? Just a theory that maybe we need to look closer at Mike's relationships with people instead of just Cheryl's?

I think the glasses could just be there, to make it seem like, "she could see what she was doing"

I might be suspicious of the first person who comes out with a Novel about this....

It can also be construed that she didn't need to look up any suicide information, whether she committed suicide, or not...

IMOO.
Or she looked it up on her missing phone...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Uh...no. The TOD would be the actual Time of Death determined by the Medical Examiner.

Well they officially know she is deceased when they find her.
After that is a guess..
The ones I have read about the TOD was the day found.
JMO

In Cheryls case all they put was FEB!

I think it was something that would have been discussed between them, as well. I don't think she had time to swing by the butcher shop or meet with anyone to get fresh, raw pet food that morning which would have leaked and stayed "smearable" but who knows... that is my supposition

The butcher shop is not open that early.

Well they officially know she is deceased when they find her.
After that is a guess..
The ones I have read about the TOD was the day found.
JMO

In Cheryls case all they put was FEB!
Yes. The longer it takes to find a body, the harder it is to determine a time/date of death. Was it one or two weeks before she was found? Regardless, the ME probably wasn't able to definitively narrow it down to a single day. They may have told the family "most likely" Monday based on other evidence, like lack of sightings, phone activity, bank activity, etc.

Exactly they don't know!
so they give the date the person is found.
I think its been that way in just about every case I followed here.

Wouldn't they have some idea?
On NamUs for the unidentified individuals, I have seen where they can pin point it from hours to days, so I was wondering if they could give a Specific time frame, not just from the date of Feb. 14th, when she was found. Even her obituary doesn't say the 14th. It is left blank.

IMOO.

Yes. The longer it takes to find a body, the harder it is to determine a time/date of death. Was it one or two weeks before she was found? Regardless, the ME probably wasn't able to definitively narrow it down to a single day. They may have told the family "most likely" Monday based on other evidence, like lack of sightings, phone activity, bank activity, etc.

Six days. February 8th she went missing. Feb 14th she was found.

I wouldn't assume they are 'extremely conservative' because they hunt. That's a stereotype. You can be politically liberal and also enjoy hunting.

The hunters I know use what they take - they eat it and/or share it with others. I'd rather eat a wild turkey (free-range, organic, lived a great life and died quickly) than a turkey raised for profit in cramped conditions, fed who-knows-what and bred to grow fast and taste bland. But that's not the point - hunting does not equal conservative.

This poster knows the family. Nothing in the post states they're conservative because they hunt. They are conservative and they hunt. My neighbors all have Trump signs in their yards. I can infer they are conservative independently, same as this poster could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree it does... but it is a creek not a river so I dont think it would have carried her body almost two miles away IMO

Sorry, this was meant to reply to cs2012

What was the book in her car? Ways I can see it relevant...

Theme/nature of book
Did someone give/suggest book?
If so, is that person, an aspiring book author?
Is author of book someone they know?

I'm going out on a limb....

They can tell by what is in the stomach if they know what the person had for a meal before missing. I followed the case of Mackenzie Cowell and they were able to pinpoint the time of death due to her having had lunch with her mom that day. Probably can't always tell but in a lot of cases they can.

I agree it does... but it is a creek not a river so I dont think it would have carried her body almost two miles away IMO

Sorry, this was meant to reply to cs2012

Dont forget it was a rushing 2-3 feet deep creek. I saw video of it from a news source. Seemed deep enough to carry her. Also, some people were wondering about creek being searched. I saw from news sheriffs or whoever searched it on hands and knees (they said they did) & found items of value a while ago. However they also said it was very muddy on bottom so had to sift through or whatever.

They can tell by what is in the stomach if they know what the person had for a meal before missing. I followed the case of Mackenzie Cowell and they were able to pinpoint the time of death due to her having had lunch with her mom that day. Probably can't always tell but in a lot of cases they can.
As I understand it, it's not very exact.

Abstract

The inspection of the contents of the stomach must be part of every postmortem examination because it may provide qualitative information concerning the nature of the last meal and the presence of abnormal constituents. Using it as a guide to the time of death, however, is theoretically unsound and presents many practical difficulties, although it may have limited applicability in some exceptional instances. Generally, using stomach contents as a guide to time of death involves an unacceptable degree of imprecision and is thus liable to mislead the investigator and the court.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2929541

ETA there's an old true crime book I've read several times where stomach contents as a measure of time of death was used and hotly contested. David Hendricks trial for murdering his wife and three children.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hendricks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/03129...doubt+book&dpPl=1&dpID=51N86T3T7JL&ref=plSrch

Sbm. i would venture to say that the lack of evidence pointing to a suicide is a valuable find to this investigation.

There's still a complete lack of evidence pointing to homicidal violence or the involvement of any other party.

Dont forget it was a rushing 2-3 feet deep creek. I saw video of it from a news source. Seemed deep enough to carry her. Also, some people were wondering about creek being searched. I saw from news sheriffs or whoever searched it on hands and knees (they said they did) & found items of value a while ago. However they also said it was very muddy on bottom so had to sift through or whatever.

Yes perhaps some areas are deeper then others but I dont believe it is a clear stream for almost two miles IMO. Her body (sorry Stryker) would have gotten hung up way before the culvert. I have not heard they searched the full creek from Terrace Creek Park clear to the culvert. I could be wrong.

If a body has been in two to three feet of rushing water for six days, woul there still be any sort of trace evidence, such as hair or fibers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024