Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the book in her car? Ways I can see it relevant...

Theme/nature of book
Did someone give/suggest book?
If so, is that person, an aspiring book author?
Is author of book someone they know?

I'm going out on a limb....
I would be interested in this information as well.

If a body has been in two to three feet of rushing water for six days, woul there still be any sort of trace evidence, such as hair or fibers?

Water is really bad for DNA. For hair and fiber it depends on where it is on the body. But generally speaking water makes it tougher to find trace evidence.

This is an interesting suggestion especially coupled with the fact that they were both sportsmen. They both could have found some enemies in this way.
Yes, interesting angle. Also, was it a search party that found her?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

RE: Cedar Way & 205th St. Culvert

I can not fathom, for one minute, that Cheryl, of her own free will, would crawl into either side of the Cedar Way Culvert and choose to end her life.

Cedar Way, and 205th St. are well travelled thoroughfares, locals have confirmed this many times.

The morning Cheryl disappeared, these roads were hustling and bustling. Commuters heading to work, students enroute to school.

Throughout the day, King County Metro busses run in opposite directions, along 205th St. NE and 37th Ave NE. School busses travel 205th St NE and Cedar Way, In the afternoon, these busses carry our children home on these same roads.
Children (adults as well) walk the diagonal pathway on the culvert's west side.

This is where it hit me - Cheryl would never, ever, ever wish discovery of her body on anyone - let alone impressionable children.

I believe she was murdered by an egotistical, narcissistic psychopath. This crime was done for the thrill, and is a homicide disguised as a suicide.
618f81893a4d355a5ba268d05cca1c0b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Agree 100%. I will also add, there could be chemicals to subdue her that would not be traceable. There also could have been verbal threats of harm to her family. My point, no trace of physical assault.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

There's still a complete lack of evidence pointing to homicidal violence or the involvement of any other party.

Can there be a homicide without violence? I mean-can someone be a victim of homicide without signs of violence? I am not trying to be smart-aleck here.
This case has me bewildered.

I'm no expert, but I think anything is possible IMO. I'm struggling with the suicide, because from what we know there was no sign on anyone's radar. My intuition tells me someone she knows well enough to not be overtly obvious. And like shared in previous thread, made it appear as a suicide. The location they found her is suspicious for lots of reasons. One that comes to mind is, why she didn't just back her car into that short access road? She seems too smart to make it appear as a suicide or homicide. And certainly why not use her gun. None of it makes sense because we don't think like homicidal maniacs.

Sorry for the mess. How do I delete unwanted posts?

I think it was something that would have been discussed between them, as well. I don't think she had time to swing by the butcher shop or meet with anyone to get fresh, raw pet food that morning which would have leaked and stayed "smearable" but who knows... that is my supposition
The butcher shop opens at 9:00 a.m. and is closed on Sunday.

After looking at a map of Lyon Creek, I see that it drains right into Lake Washington. If the water is rushing as rapidly as people have claimed, then I would imagine most evidence that might have been in the creek is now gone forever in the lake. For those posters that don't live in the area, Lake Washington is huge and fairly deep.

This poster knows the family. Nothing in the post states they're conservative because they hunt. They are conservative and they hunt. My neighbors all have Trump signs in their yards. I can infer they are conservative independently, same as this poster could.

Thanks for saying this better than I did. I show and breed cats. Some people hate me for it. People have been known to go to cat shows and poison cats. There are many extremist Animal Rights groups just as there are extremists in everything. Yes they hunt for food and my personal view is that I'd rather see and animal grow in freedom and provide food than in a horrible crowded situation. But again. There are extremes in everything. It was just a thought. I'm still trying to process that this has really happened. It still feels surreal.

I usually have a strong feeling one way or the other about a case. But in this one, I am sitting right on the :fence:

If any person, not even someone looking for her, or anything at all, just a person who wanted to peak inside the culvert, from the front that week, (not go exploring)...would they have been able to see "a body"...or just a plastic bag, that you wouldn't know was covering a head? and the body was under water? Was any arm, or foot exposed? Was anything visible from the front? If any part of the bag could be seen, would that just appear like it was a discarded plastic bag, nothing eye catching?

More than we realize. It depends on how much planning a killer has done, their motivation, luck and how skilled and persistent LE investigators are.

The Rebecca Zahau case is a good example.

That was another weird case wasn't it?
Thing is though, she also had 4 blows to the head, they say she was rendered unconscious first.

I'm finally all caught up and figured I'd tell where my head was at so far.

It's a strange case because facts that we could use to shoot down suicide, we can use to shoot down homicide and vice versa.

I agree that breathing is involuntary, and I see that a lot of people rule out suicide because of that. Thing is though, that involuntary breathing would work if someone
put a bag over her head too. All the autopsies I have read in cases of asphyxiation of grown, healthy, alert adults showed a struggle. They fought. Sure, it's
common to freeze up with fear when attacked I'd imagine, that may have given the killer enough time to get the bag over her head, but I feel she would have eventually struggled, the body would have that same instinctual response. The murderer couldn't have just walked up to her, put a bag over her head, and had Cheryl lay down and fall asleep.

I have read that if you purposely make yourself hyperventilate it causes there to be too much oxygen. If those levels are elevated by the time you put the bag over your head, then the body's usual
response to elevated carbon dioxide is delayed. It's not a foolproof method, so I can see why someone would want the added assurance of the water when they passed out. I know it's an odd method
of suicide, but it's also an odd method of murder, especially with zero defense wounds. If Cheryl was going to be still with that bag over her head then I can see it a lot more if it was something she wanted
than I can for someone forcing her to. If it was something she wanted, she could at least do the steps I mentioned to stop that body instinct from occurring before she was finished what she may have set out to do. I also believe Cheryl was smart enough to have done this properly.

I see the razor and the cuts on the fingers as related to this case. I don't think Cheryl would have loose razor blades in her pockets like that going to work. I think as mentioned earlier in the thread she was testing that method out and maybe she got scared and wanted something less painful. If a killer wanted to stage a suicide, why didn't he just slit her wrists? He could have made it look like she cut them and then used the bag to ensure she'd be gone before anyone found her. That would have appeared as a more cut and dry suicide case I would imagine.

Another reason I lean away from a killer is that I feel with all this craziness it would likely have to be someone she knows and I don't see how anyone could have premeditated this.
They would have to have known Cheryl would forget her badge, that she would realize she forgot it before going all the way to work, that she would stop where she did to look for it or to text, and that
she wouldn't just drive straight home to get it. They also would have to go to a pretty public place to do it and risk being caught.

The animal blood has got me, I'm not sure it is as weird as we think or that it is related yet though. They said there was enough blood to smear but I am not sure that they meant it was still wet. It could have been a smear that had dried. I wondered if they maybe were processing meat from their or a friends hunt and someone got some blood on their shoes before getting in the car and sitting in the passenger side. That is just a shot in the dark though since you think they'd wipe it off. I really have no clue.

One last thing I hesitate to mention but feel it could be relevant is the timing of her disappearance. Valentine's Day and an anniversary. I wonder if something hurt Cheryl recently? Could she have found something out that upset her over the weekend? Maybe she didn't even confront the person and just kept her pain to herself? This is all such a horrible mystery.

I don't bring any of this up to discount/discredit homicide. There are a lot of great posters on these threads that lean towards murder and I respect that. There are excellent posts on both sides and
I learn more and more here on Websleuths with each case to not be stuck on any one theory so my thoughts are fluid!

Another thing I learned while on sleuths, is that we get emotionally attached to victims and generally care a whole lot. It can make things a bit tense, especially when cases get up to this many threads
with not much info. I learned that a poster might make me want to tear my hair out when I read their posts on one case, but then on the next case I am liking all their posts and agreeing 100%. I see now that it's OK to view things differently! :D

P.S. Thank you to all who got verified for this case! Much appreciated!

Now that we know the Tox was clean I have trouble buying how she could have incapacitated herself long enough to suffocate/drown. The human body and will to survive is amazing so w/o the help of a drug or some other person i.e. the killer I just do not see how this could happen..

If any person, not even someone looking for her, or anything at all, just a person who wanted to peak inside the culvert, from the front that week, (not go exploring)...would they have been able to see "a body"...or just a plastic bag, that you wouldn't know was covering a head? and the body was under water? Was any arm, or foot exposed? Was anything visible from the front? If any part of the bag could be seen, would that just appear like it was a discarded plastic bag, nothing eye catching?

Was anyone within that search group or another volunteer group, spacing out, seemed less focused, looked like they were always thinking about something, while blankly looking at things (off in space), performing (over acting), like ever so often " I SEE A SHOE", maybe they did always find a shoe, a sock, glasses, maybe it was there ahead of time.

Was anyone within that search group or another volunteer group, spacing out, seemed less focused, looked like they were always thinking about something, while blankly looking at things (off in space), performing (over acting), like ever so often " I SEE A SHOE", maybe they did always find a shoe, a sock, glasses, maybe it was there ahead of time.

IMO I found it odd her work organized this search and they FOUND her.

I don't really find it that odd.
I think they were smart analytical people. One search group or another would have to find her, and it wasn't THAT far from her car so I can see them hitting on there after expanding the search, which is what they did.

I also do not find it odd that they made the announcement. I think that is normal since it was a pretty high profile place that she worked and I am sure they were being questioned by the media as well.

Sorry Eileen730! I meant to quote you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024