WA - Civil rights activist Rachel Dolezal pretending to be black, parents say #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right? I laughed so hard with H when we saw it in his folder from school. We have it displayed proudly lol (priceless artwork!)

She is such a liar - that's the whole issue I take- no honesty about anything. And now we find out she's on a LE oversight committee that can challenge IA investigations? Nope. Bye Rachel!

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

I still have a Mother's Day card my son made for me when he was around seven and it said "Happy Mother's Day! I love you like Spot". Spot was our dog. He didn't love me MORE than Spot, just as much. :hilarious:

I still have a Mother's Day card my son made for me when he was around six and it said "Happy Mother's Day! I love you like Spot". Spot was our dog. He didn't love me MORE than Spot, just as much. :hilarious:

Hey, that's the best you can hope for. :heartbeat:

I still have a Mother's Day card my son made for me when he was around seven and it said "Happy Mother's Day! I love you like Spot". Spot was our dog. He didn't love me MORE than Spot, just as much. :hilarious:

Oh man that's adorable! Kids are really hilarious. Thank god for those little people around to keep us from being so serious.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

http://praxisradio509.podomatic.com/entry/2014-12-21T20_44_12-08_00

Rachel Dolezal and fictitious 'dad's Deep South exodus': Newly uncovered interview shows her claiming she had a black father who fled because a white cop was hunting him

In an interview from earlier this year, Rachel Dolezal repeatedly lies about her family
She claims her father is a black man who was forced to flee the Deep South after assaulting a police officer
She also claims he was in the Marines for 24 years and there were three attempts on his life by white subordinates

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tes-tried-kill-three-times.html#ixzz3dBdRdfSp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Unbelievable.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jun/15/Rachel-dolezal-told-student-that-ex-husband/

So she had a cover story if somebody came up with her old photos from during the marriage, and it made her a victim again.

Wow. This realty points to her level of deception.

Yes! Tania Head, I gave a link to a documentary about her earlier in the thread. An engrossing and warped story, indeed. The lies she told were unbelievable. Here is the link again:

[video=youtube;NpNReEbDNG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpNReEbDNG8[/video]

So creepy! How had I never heard of her? The parallels are eerie.

Far be it from me to make any excuses for this individual who has left so much damage in her wake, but if RD does happen to be an extreme narcissist or have some characteristics of borderline, histrionic, or narcissistic personality disorder, as was suggested above, would she necessarily know this? Could she be reasonably expected to appreciate whatever it is that is operating within her psyche to the point that she recognizes the gross dysfunction and seeks help to rein it in?

Being crafty, coy, self-serving, outrageous, hurtful, and on the wrong side of the law at times are things she knows how to do, and she does sneak, which suggests she knows some of her behavior is not the finest, but if something psychologically compelling spins her up, how can we be sure she has the wherewithal to make the spinning stop?

Fraud and lies….I am less mad at her if an unwell mind is at play creating this than I am if she made the unfettered choice to just be bad.

Because except in certain extreme circumstances, having a mental health issue does not destroy a persons knowledge of right or wrong or take away their free will. She wasn't psychotic. If she had no control she wouldn't have tried to cover it up as much or create so much back story. That's also true if she did not know right from wrong.

I have decided that I am no longer white.

From now on, I will be listing Kryptonian as my race.

Please refer to me as Zap El on the forums :laughing:

Rachel's father is white. So I kind of doubt anything about her crayon story is true.
By the way, I can't understand if she is claiming her mother was married to this African-American man that she is claiming as her father? Or how did it ever come about (in the story she came up with?)
Her actual bio parents were married for years before she was even born.

I know her crayon story was most likely not true, just pointing how it was so similar to the story of a biracial celebrity.

Her parents do not know the black man she claims is her father. Someone posted she met him several years ago when she worked at the Human Rights Education Institute in CDA ID.

True story:

I was having troubling adapting at my new school in middle school. My mom and dad were separated and I had gotten into some fights and had to see a school counselor.

She asked me to draw a picture of my family.

My mom is 5 foot even and my dad, myself and one of my brothers were taller than her.

When I drew my family, with everyone being the correct size, somehow or another the counselor got it in her head that I had issues with my mother and didnt respect her.

Nothing could have been further from the truth.

Sometimes drawing are just drawings and I think people read too much into them.

WTF is wrong with her? Was the teacher perhaps handing her a peach crayon because that was her skin color? Or is that somehow racist...

Did she even have a teacher? The parents said she was homeschooled.

Did she even have a teacher? The parents said she was homeschooled.

More confusing info:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoer...struggles-of-life-as-a-black-woman#.ve0YalOpa

In one portion of the interview, Dolezal described being told she was white as a child by a teacher.

She recalled drawing herself with a brown crayon in kindergarten when the teacher told her to use the peach crayon instead. The incident became a symbol for her other struggles with identity, Dolezal told Campbell.
“You choose a side,” she said. “You can kind of be a bridge, but pretty much you have a home one place or the other.”

[ the video of that odd story is linked above]

So her brother is facing charges over something that supposedly happened 14 years ago.
Who reported the brother?
Is DA planning to use Rachel as a witness? I doubt that there is any physical evidence, which means brother is probably facing charges based on claims alone.

"Her biological brother, Joshua Dolezal, was arrested in 2014 accused of sexually assaulting a minor at his parent's Colorado home "over twenty times" between 2001 and 2002. The alleged victim was 6 or 7 years old at the time according to the arrest warrant."

http://www.9news.com/story/news/cri...ild-sex-assault-charges-in-colorado/71267066/

Joshua Dolezal/Joshua Dugger? Do we have yet ANOTHER imposter?

I feel sorry for her. Why do you have to have a different identity to be able to be a civil rights activist?

Kareem Abdul Jabbar:

http://time.com/3921404/rachel-dole...achel-dolezal-naacp-race-kareem-abdul-jabbar/

I wonder if some of these commenters realize that apparently she didn't just lie about her race but everything else as well.

Some of her remarkable accomplishments in the fight for equality might be slightly exaggerated by her.

I rather liked and agreed with most of KAJ's piece. Probably because he touched on several things I have also brought up, and like any good narcissist, I love people who agree with me. :lol:

I feel sorry for her. Why do you have to have a different identity to be able to be a civil rights activist?

You don't. She could have been the head of the NAACP and an ombudsmen, without denying she was caucasian. There was no reason to lie about any of that.

I have decided that I am no longer white.

From now on, I will be listing Kryptonian as my race.

Please refer to me as Zap El on the forums :laughing:

And I, for one, will celebrate your choice and your right to make that choice! Welcome, Zap El! :lol:

Dolezal was fired Monday as a weekly columnist for The Pacific Northwest Inlander, Spokane's alternative weekly. Her contract as an instructor at Eastern Washington University was not renewed.
http://news.yahoo.com/rachel-dolezals-world-crumbles-racial-identity-flap-054123162.html#

http://www.inlander.com/spokane/the-rachel-we-knew/Content?oid=2485844

As editors, we did give special attention to Dolezal’s columns — even though they were her own opinions — because she wasn’t a trained journalist. We never told her what to write besides suggesting she stick to what she knew, mining her background in activism and academia. We gave her leeway to express herself, but fact-checked everything we possibly could and on several occasions removed sections that didn’t meet our standards.

Since concerns about her identity and truthfulness have become public, Dolezal has not returned any of our messages seeking comment. We are left wondering, like everyone else, what the whole story is. As one of the many organizations that put their faith in Dolezal, we, too, feel manipulated and deceived. We also feel empathy for Dolezal — she is a person, not an idea, and the global shaming she’s enduring is sizable — but truth is truth. For journalists especially, truth and the trust that comes from sharing it are sacrosanct, and we can provide no shelter for anyone who threatens that covenant. As a result, Dolezal no longer writes for this paper.

http://www.inlander.com/Bloglander/...ost-illuminating-rachel-dolezal-interview-yet

It’s fairly normal to not like to have to be the voice for an entire group, because that’s not liberating that’s confining. Especially in an area like Spokane or North Idaho, where it’s a majority white audience, it’s very difficult to have that burden on a daily basis… oh, well, what do you do with their hair? Then you get the sense that they are then assuming that every other black woman will do those things too.

I lived in Mississippi for four years or almost five. You know, if you’re living inside an all-black community, then you understand. There’s more freedom to just be you. If you go to store in your slippers, it’s not a big deal…

Poor Rachel had to speak with white people at her various jobs and it was a burden.

Because I am very light-skinned, I think there’s a certain light-skinned privilege that I’ve noticed, with just again, in terms of bringing sides together. So that I feel that some white people approach me as a safe person to talk to, about how maybe they can glean some ideas, like, oh would this be okay?"

Even on campus, a white professor's asking, 'Oh if we did this with a certain event, would this be okay?'

It's also a little bit of burden to be that bridge. I do feel like that's a real part in my experience. Where that breaks down a bit is I am very Afro-centric, and I am very direct personality-wise, and I will say exactly what I think is right at that moment.

Dolezal received a Masters in Fine Arts from Howard U. What qualified her to teach "Africana Studies" at EWU, other than low level courses in african art ... especially without a PhD? She conned a lot of good people, and imo, based on her stated plan in her bio to get a MD degree and become a trauma surgeon, she intended to con her way into med school by playing the diversity card.
More than anything she has done or she has implied she has done, this terrifies me the most. She is an unstable person. She is the type of person, imo, that would take a little bit of knowledge and start practicing surgery out of her own home.

Just watched the Today Show interview. It really bothered me that Matt Lauer treated her with such kid gloves. Didn't even ask her to explain all those "complexities". And how she altered her appearance to appear "black" (her word) when she's really white. "Well...I certainly don't go out in the sun!" I guess I'm supposed to conclude by that that she is spray tanning or using a tanning bed. Can't you just say it??? And that part about the other guy being her "dad" vs. her father....GMAB....I can't stand people who coyly twist words and meanings, and then, when they're called on it, go on to say something like, "Well, you know, there's a difference between being a dad and being a father." Her poor dad (the white one). You KNEW what you were saying and implying by your photos and posts on Facebook!! RD "stressed that she did not feel she was being deceptive."

Sorry, honey...but to not be deceptive, you should have A) early on, corrected published media reports that reported you as biracial and then black; and B) just told the truth....as in, "while I was born Caucasian, I identify as Black."

Would have saved you a boatload of trouble, and probably your job, as well as your credibility.

http://www.today.com/news/rachel-dolezal-speaks-today-show-matt-lauer-after-naacp-resignation-t26371

Far be it from me to make any excuses for this individual who has left so much damage in her wake, but if RD does happen to be an extreme narcissist or have some characteristics of borderline, histrionic, or narcissistic personality disorder, as was suggested above, would she necessarily know this? Could she be reasonably expected to appreciate whatever it is that is operating within her psyche to the point that she recognizes the gross dysfunction and seeks help to rein it in?

Being crafty, coy, self-serving, outrageous, hurtful, and on the wrong side of the law at times are things she knows how to do, and she does sneak, which suggests she knows some of her behavior is not the finest, but if something psychologically compelling spins her up, how can we be sure she has the wherewithal to make the spinning stop?

Fraud and lies….I am less mad at her if an unwell mind is at play creating this than I am if she made the unfettered choice to just be bad.

She is 37. Way before then, most people have a sense of self awareness. You get input from self-perception and from what others tell you about yourself. It sounds as though people have been calling RD on her s...... for years.

It is possible to get wrong how you perceive yourself—most people do this in one way or another—but at 37 you can well be expected to be addressing how you interact with the world. And, yes, you can get your self-perception wrong because you have one of the conditions you perhaps should be perceiving; regardless, a mature person makes at least an effort to learn about their interface with the world.

It's also possible to get the wrong diagnosis from the mental health community. Nonetheless, she would have heard about her c****. And there is often still a sense that something is wrong: think Andrea Yates, as an extreme example. Society is generally quite forgiving if someone is not in touch with who they are because of some mental incapacity or because they've been misdiagnosed for years. But it can generally be expected that they have noticed they don't have the same way of handling the world as others do. Think: the mid-life adults who get diagnosed with Aspergers or dyslexia.

RD is aware she is "off": I just saw her on Today. No question in my mind: she is consciously manipulating her answers and she knows she is.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member