WA - Civil rights activist Rachel Dolezal pretending to be black, parents say #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she claims that when she was five she already drew herself with brown crayons, meaning she already identified as black back then?
Oh yes, she says she self-identified as black since age 5, but claims the outward manifestation of that (from blond, white girl to tan, trans/biracial/black) was so she could be "plausible" as the adopted brother/son's mother.

I do love the point someone made above that she was home schooled, by the way!

Basically the reason for her being black was because her adopted brother said she was his "real" mom, so she had to be black for that to be plausible.

I really, really hate how she drags the kids into this.

Isn't this sort of passive-aggressively blaming the older "son" for everything?

Extremely disturbing interview.
She works backward in her explainations to a place SHE DECIDES TO STOP.
There she embellishes herself,champions her behavior.
Yes it was very nauseating how she shifted it all to the boy( innocent child).
AND brought those boys to the studio to be photographed.....
Which is telling me she had what she was going to say PLANNED.
All JMO

Well, here's a blistering report on the parents:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...watching-TV-reading-books-brother-claims.html

A few of my own thoughts on the article:
1. It takes 2-3 minutes to read a chapter of the Bible. Now, if he'd said "a whole book of the Bible"...that would be weird.
2. Considering what's on TV, I can't say that I blame them for not having one.
3. There are contradictions in this story - they weren't allowed to read vs. there were books in the house that they read.

So....I take the whole story with a grain of salt. I'm sure it has it's origins in truth, but I think a lot of it has been twisted (either by the kids or the DM) to show the parents in the worst light.

They didn't seem like religious zealots to me...but we only saw a glimpse of them on TV. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors?
Her father was affiliated with creationists when he was on his mission in Africa.

I will leave that up to others to interpret how "fundamentalist" that belief is.

As an aside, both the brother and Rachel claim that Jesus was the witness on their birth certificates. We've seen Rachel's ... where was Jesus?

Oh yes, she says she self-identified as black since age 5, but claims the outward manifestation of that (from blond, white girl to tan, trans/biracial/black) was so she could be "plausible" as the adopted brother/son's mother.

I do love the point someone made above that she was home schooled, by the way!

She had to pretend to be black in order to be a plausible mother to her adopted brother? First of all, he was adopted. Second of all, he was her brother. Third of all, he was already 16 so it's not like he was going to believe she was his biological mother. How does that make any sense to anyone?

NICHOLAS K. GERANIOS Associated Press

"The woman who resigned as head of a local NAACP branch after her parents said she was white said Tuesday that she started identifying as black around the age of 5, when she drew self-portraits with a brown crayon, and "takes exception" to the contention that she tried to deceive people."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/rachel-dolezals-world-crumbles-racial-identity-flap-31792386

What a silly lie. Unless she only had two crayons, one black and one brown. At that age, before school, living where she did and with no access to TV, that child had never even seen a black person before, much less been inspired to live her life pretending to be black.

What a silly lie. Unless she only had two crayons, one black and one brown. At that age, before school, living where she did and with no access to TV, that child had never even seen a black person before, much less been inspired to live her life pretending to be black.

Not according to her mom. In the interview she did (I posted the link earlier, when her dad made the comment about "eyes popping and jaws dropping"), she said that they had a very culturally diverse set of friends, so Rachel and her sibling(s) would have been surrounded by different races and ethnicities.

Her father was affiliated with creationists when he was on his mission in Africa.

I will leave that up to others to interpret how "fundamentalist" that belief is.

As an aside, both the brother and Rachel claim that Jesus was the witness on their birth certificates. We've seen Rachel's ... where was Jesus?

I read and posted here from Joshua's book, which is what the Daily Mail piece is based upon.

Her parents were not part of a cult. Not having a TV in the house isn't abusive. My hippie parents (the real deal, Berkeley, late 1960's) didn't allow one either...rejecting packaged mass culture wasn't unusual. Notice that there were books in the house, that the kids went to school, that both ended up with graduate degrees in the humanities, graduating from non-Christian universities.

Her parents do sound extremely religious and very conservative on social issues. They raised their kids with that belief system and they expected their kids to share it. That's not cultish, it's called involved parenting. I don't share all of their beliefs, and I think their kids might have found it difficult to live up to some of their expectations, but again, so what.

Those kids were loved, well taken care of, given every opportunity to succeed in life, and were raised by parents strong enough to live what they believe for their entire adult lives. Privileged, in other words.

Not according to her mom. In the interview she did (I posted the link earlier, when her dad made the comment about "eyes popping and jaws dropping"), she said that they had a very culturally diverse set of friends, so Rachel and her sibling(s) would have been surrounded by different races and ethnicities.

I've read that too, just very much doubt it applied to where they were in Montana at that time in Rachel's life. Later on.....sure.

I feel sorry for her. Why do you have to have a different identity to be able to be a civil rights activist?

You feel sorry for a fraud and a liar? Who made up multiple incidents of hate crimes? And continuous false stories of her victim hood and heroism?

Of course she didn't have to be black to be a civil rights activist. That's utter nonsense. There are and have been many notable white civil rights activists. Three were murdered in the south during the sixties. Some bigger names included Juliette Hampton Morgan, Ralph McGill, Virginia Foster Durr, and Joel Elias Spingarn.

I don't know why some are so eager to find racism toward whites by blacks. Let me explain something: Racism against the majority has none of the impact of systematic, institutionalized racism against minority groups. Groups like the NAACP weren't created to exclude. They were created to ameliorate the effects of exclusion.

How many "black civil rights activists" move to areas almost devoid of black people? After suing Howard U for racial discrimination of a white person, next we hear RD is teaching art in Coeur d'Alene, ID, where blacks are 0.2% of the population. Then on to Spokane, where blacks are less than 2%. Ditto EWU - 3.5% black. One might think RD either doesn't like living among blacks, or she saw the chance to become a big fish in a tiny black pond, and use that to launch herself to national prominence elsewhere. jmo

She is not ashamed for lying.

Maybe she can sue somebody.

She's out to save the world again.

She had to manufacture hate crimes and victimhood experiences to feel connected.

Why not?
She was the younger son's mom too while white.

http://www.today.com/news/rachel-do...how-matt-lauer-after-naacp-resignation-t26371

I object to them putting the 13yo on TV. He's probably got it hard enough without his pics everywhere.

It certainly shows that you were right about the 13-year-olds knowledge. At the least, he definitely knows now.

Well, as I see it, Rachel's "career" schedule is now wide open for her to pursue other interests. She has written about an interest in going to medical school and becoming a trauma surgeon.

If she buckles down, in about 13 years or so she could achieve her dream. (2-3 years of prerequisites, MCAT, non traditional admissions process, 4 years of medical school, and a 6 year general surgical residency, and lots and lots of student loan applications.) Then go to work for an NGO (for pennies) saving lives all over the world, while constantly pursuing loan-forgiveness grants to pay off the medical school education-- and figuring out how to support herself and her son. Oh, and her 13 year old may be interested in college in 4 years, so helping him secure loans and go to school, too.

Easie peasie lemon squeezie. Starting a new career in your early 50's is a piece of cake, right?

BTW, EWU has removed her bio from the Africana staff page. Not wasting any time there distancing themselves from this professor fraud and race imposter. Actually, it sounds like her regular contract period was up June 12, so there won't even be any messiness with suing for breach of contract, etc. I'm glad they won't have to deal with any of that. She's just gone-- *poof*. Contract faculty have no protections from non-renewal claims.

http://www.ewu.edu/csbssw/programs/africana-studies-program/aep-faculty

How many "black civil rights activists" move to areas almost devoid of black people? After suing Howard U for racial discrimination of a white person, next we hear RD is teaching art in Coeur d'Alene, ID, where blacks are 0.2% of the population. Then on to Spokane, where blacks are less than 2%. Ditto EWU - 3.5% black. One might think RD either doesn't like living among blacks, or she saw the chance to become a big fish in a tiny black pond, and use that to launch herself to national prominence elsewhere. jmo

I read something where she claimed that the move to the pacific northwest was not her choice, but had to do with court ordered relocation related to custody of her son and his bio-dad. I think I may have read it in the interview from December when she first took the Spokane NAACP presidency job.

I think it was much easier for her to adviance in the area she wanted to advance, if she was living as a black woman in a mostly white area.

It certainly shows that you were right about the 13-year-olds knowledge. At the least, he definitely knows now.

If he's in contact with his father, the father would definitely know that he used to be married to a white woman.

I also saw a quick blurb on CNN---a small snippet of an interview with her. I think it was the student's thesis interview. And Rachel is discussing her childhood----

she talks fondly and smiles, as if reminiscing, about using the 'brown crayon' when she drew pictures of herself in Kindergarten. But she recalls that her teacher would correct her and hand her the peach colored one instead....

[I really need to hear that in context because I do not get that at all...}

I am behind so pardon if this has already been discussed but IIRC she was homeschooled according to her bio parents. Her Dad said something about Rachel not needing much supervision because she was so self motivated and was a 4.0 student in her highschool studies.

I am behind so pardon if this has already been discussed but IIRC she was homeschooled according to her bio parents. Her Dad said something about Rachel not needing much supervision because she was so self motivated and was a 4.0 student in her highschool studies.

Wenwe4, I agree-- RD is very bright, very manipulative, very charismatic, and very cunning. I think it's likely she is clinically a sociopath/ psychopath. That's how she was able to nurture the self-serving deception, and assimilate herself so well for so long. It was intentional, and planned, every step of the way.

Read the checklist, and see what you think. Certainly she is not the most extreme example (criminally, for example), but a lot of her life choices fit the profile of a sociopath, IMO. That's why we can't get past the "jaw dropping" chutzpah of all the details that keep coming out. The narcissism and hypocrisy is simply astounding. That's a sociopath/ psychopath, IMO. Just arm chair psychology here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_Checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members