Found Deceased WA - Cole Burbank, 16, Camas, 13 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Clark College has an article/update about Cole- link is right on their main page. I'm glad to see this. Many of my current students attend Running Start at Clark, and many former students attend there as adults. It's a large school with many programs. It's good to see them address this in a personal way.

http://news.clark.edu/2017/04/update-on-missing-student/

From the "Find Cole" facebook page, they have also created a search map, asking volunteers to identify areas they have searched (but only if they have thoroughly searched)...
http://codergrl.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Editor/index.html?appid=fddd538b8d0f4d04af304a7d11e33c84

I thought this was a really good idea. I can see that not much has been explored in Battle Ground. I need to do some work in the office this weekend, so I think I'll drive my usual route out there, then drive a different route home and do some scouting.

There was a local rumor that Cole's phone pinged in north Clark County after he went missing. I can't find any confirmation of this-- but I saw on the Clark update that they stated his phone pinged "north of the college". That may be where that came from. (If you look at Clark on a map, the college is very close to the Oregon border, so there's plenty of Clark county that is "north of the college", but would not be considered "north county" by any stretch.)

From the "Find Cole" facebook page, they have also created a search map, asking volunteers to identify areas they have searched (but only if they have thoroughly searched)...
http://codergrl.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Editor/index.html?appid=fddd538b8d0f4d04af304a7d11e33c84

I thought this was a really good idea. I can see that not much has been explored in Battle Ground. I need to do some work in the office this weekend, so I think I'll drive my usual route out there, then drive a different route home and do some scouting.

There was a local rumor that Cole's phone pinged in north Clark County after he went missing. I can't find any confirmation of this-- but I saw on the Clark update that they stated his phone pinged "north of the college". That may be where that came from. (If you look at Clark on a map, the college is very close to the Oregon border, so there's plenty of Clark county that is "north of the college", but would not be considered "north county" by any stretch.)

They did a great job with the search map

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm frustrated to see that Cole is still not listed in NCMEC.

Someone suggested this (actually, she was at the point of practically begging) on the Facebook page and it kept going around in circles for some odd reason. I know the volunteers running that page and the searches are extremely busy, but they said they'd look in to it, and that was several days ago. I would think this would be a huge priority at this point??

I think this is really important especially since we are right on the border of another state. You can actually be in Oregon in less than 5 minutes from where Cole went missing, Idaho in 5 1/2 hours, and California in prob about 5 as well. He could have literally been two states away before they even knew to report him missing, and probably could have made it to the Bay area by sundown. After we passed day 3 with no sign of Cole, nor his car, I feel this search should have started looking multi-state/West coast at a minimum. (I am not criticizing the family here at all-- I am a little concerned that the LE in charge of this is a pretty small department)

I sent a private message suggesting they be sure Cole was at least added NamUs for the sake of Law Enforcement Agencies across state borders. The response I received was "Thank you! I'll check and see if Cole has been added to this!" I think there is a lot to do but some things are more important than others. Bad news: a male body was found a few hours ago near a body of water in Portland. We're watching and praying it isn't Cole!

I sent a private message suggesting they be sure Cole was at least added NamUs for the sake of Law Enforcement Agencies across state borders. The response I received was "Thank you! I'll check and see if Cole has been added to this!" I think there is a lot to do but some things are more important than others. Bad news: a male body was found a few hours ago near a body of water in Portland. We're watching and praying it isn't Cole!

Thank you, Lynne!
ETA: Yes, I checked NAMUS as well, and Cole was not listed there either...

Just went on the CC Scanner feed FB page and saw the post. Nothing new in 3 hours, though. The wait is awful.

Praying this is not Cole!

Sadly, they have found Cole deceased. And the body in the water in Portland is someone else's loved one.

This was posted to the Clark County Public Scanner FB page, but I'll look for a link to MSM or LE...
News Release from Camas Police Dept.
Posted on: April 21st, 2017 10:28 PM... Since 16yo Cole Burbank was reported missing on April 13th, 2017, there's been an on-going, multi-agency search for him and the vehicle he was driving.
During the early evening of April 21, 2017, the 2010, Black Honda Accord (WA plates AKW3441)associated with Cole was located in a shopping center parking lot in Chehalis, Washington.
Inside the vehicle was a lone, deceased occupant, described as a young, adult male.
The body was released to the Lewis County Coroner for positive identification.
Again, the Camas Police would like to express their gratitude to the public for their concerns, volunteer search efforts and tips and also to the assisting agencies involved in this investigation; Chehalis Police Department, Vancouver Police Department, Clark County Sheriff's Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigations.

My heart is breaking for this family and I hope they can find closure and peace in this time of despair. This surely isn't the ending that I was hoping for (and I hope the family will release more details regarding the incident).

How sad :'( RIP Cole

I was curious how far away he was found.. Google says from Clark College to Chehalis, WA is about 78 miles.

How sad :'( RIP Cole

I was curious how far away he was found.. Google says from Clark College to Chehalis, WA is about 78 miles.

Yes, that's correct. I'm very curious as to why he traveled so far from home. I'm hoping they investigate this further to weed out any possibility of foul play.. just in case.

2nd boy we have lost this week and it absolutely breaks my heart. I cannot imagine what the parents of these young men are going through and I pray to God they are able to find some kind of comfort. :(

Posting a local article from Chehalis that provides a few more details than the Vancouver/Camas media. I was out on another search party in a different location that evening. we were so hopeful that some clues would be revealed. and then this. A gifted, beautiful young man, now gone.

http://www.lewiscountysirens.com/?p=40487
In this article, the location is given, which is right off of an I-5 off-ramp.

this makes me so sad. only 16. :( i wonder what happened.

So sad...was just coming to check and then this...RIP Cole...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back