Identified! WA- Cowlitz County, MaleWht/Hispanic, Adult, Nam#UP67764, Skeletal, Feb. 2020 *Jade David Feigert*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Blackberry bushes are invasive and grow fast. If you forgive the bluntness, having a source of food/fertilisation, the blackberries could have grown to cover a body very quickly, easily in the time since Jade's disappearance and presumed death.

Not a botanist, I just lived for many years in a rural village with a lot of previously developed land that had fallen fallow. Blackberry bushes were a major, major invasive weed that required constant attention from the parks department folks responsible for the area.
also it's kind of tricky to interpret what LE people know/mean when they enter data. Whoever was keying it in could have their own understanding while everyone who keeps up with UID cases has another understanding.

We have a lot of invasive blackberry bushes here in WA. It's a big problem in certain areas of the state so I wouldn't immediately read into it as a burial.
Yeah, they were the worst in the area I lived in land that wasn't actively being farmed or maintained, by water. The latter, because it's a source of water, obviously, but also because fruits from bushes fall in the water, wash up on a bank further down, the seeds strike, and become a new plant. The seeds get spread a lot by birds, too.

Jade was found in the area of the docks, in an area that obviously wasn't being maintained because the plants had enough time to grow large enough to conceal him. Also, if it was maintained, they would have found him when he was recently deceased.

I suspect they only found him because there was a work crew clearing the area with tools to remove the invasive bushes, and they stopped when they cut enough away to see the skeletal remains, but I don't have any MSM to support this, so it is very much MOO.

They say it doesn't appear anything criminal happened. I always thought this death was a little suspect, so is his disappearance. I suppose they're suggesting he took his own life?
I agree it seems they are suggesting suicide, however the circumstances in which he was found seem very unusual. To take your own life and end up under blackberry bushes does not add up to me. That and the fact his remains were found by a weyerhaeuser employee, why wasn't he discovered earlier if there were people regularly working all around that area.

I agree it seems they are suggesting suicide, however the circumstances in which he was found seem very unusual. To take your own life and end up under blackberry bushes does not add up to me. That and the fact his remains were found by a weyerhaeuser employee, why wasn't he discovered earlier if there were people regularly working all around that area.
Maybe natural causes? Or if the bushes were mowed when he died, the odds are he was fully covered fairly quickly.

So re: blackberry bushes, it is a seriously big issue here. Companies and individuals will spend a LOT of time clearing out blackberry bushes, because they are a big problem. There has been lots of blackberry bush-related drama in this state. :D

So re: blackberry bushes, it is a seriously big issue here. Companies and individuals will spend a LOT of time clearing out blackberry bushes, because they are a big problem. There has been lots of blackberry bush-related drama in this state. :D
Yes, even in Texas, I'm familiar with Washington's blackberry problem. We don't have the problem here, but I read enough gardening stuff to know about it!

I had to cut myself off from my previous blackberry bush ramblings because of an appointment lol. To elaborate more on the blackberry bush problem, there are a lot of cases of people willingly and unwillingly destroying legally protected areas either to get rid of blackberry bushes or using that as an excuse to willingly conduct illegal activity that damages wildlife habitats. Probably the most famous example is Onision, who some of you may know about. He was a YouTuber who preyed on young girls and flew them out to exploit them sexually, among other things. Anyway, about 4-5 years ago (when he was living in my hometown - eek :eek:) he used a bulldozer to destroy a protected wetland area on his property and claimed it was because he wanted to get rid of blackberry bushes. Now if you read about the whole case and the drama surrounding it, you can tell that's a lie, but it sounds initially to be a reasonable excuse. And there are other people who do things like Onision, with getting rid of protected wildlife areas and blaming blackberry bushes.

Where am I going with this? Well, I don't think this is actually the case, but I did briefly wonder if a company was illegally clearing out blackberry bushes in a protected ecosystem, came across the skeletal remains and didn't report them because they didn't want to get busted, and maybe moved them more discretely under a bush, but then I realized that didn't make sense lol. Just a thought that flew around in my brain. It makes more sense that he died of suicide or natural causes.

In July of 2023, the Justice for Jade Feigert Facebook page announced that Jade's remains were donated to Stanford University's Center for Archeology. He will be "housed" for the next 50-100 years over there while being utilized within the Anthropology and Archeology departments. A very good way to educate future generations imo

In July of 2023, the Justice for Jade Feigert Facebook page announced that Jade's remains were donated to Stanford University's Center for Archeology. He will be "housed" for the next 50-100 years over there while being utilized within the Anthropology and Archeology departments. A very good way to educate future generations imo
What a generous gesture by his loved ones. Educating the coming generations of anthropologists, who will go on to help to identify more Does like he was.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota
Back