Found Deceased WA - Curtis Engeland, 74, poss kidnapping according to family, Mercer Island, 23 Feb 2024 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
35621961_web1_MIssingMan-MIR-240306-w-alert_1.jpg

According to the alert, which MIPD posted on Feb. 29, the man’s name is Curtis Engeland, 74, he’s 5-foot-9, 145 pounds, has grey/brown hair and blue eyes.

MERCER ISLAND, Wash. — The mysterious disappearance of a Mercer Island man is now being investigated as a kidnapping case, according to the family 74-year-old Curtis Engeland.

VIDEO: Former UW professor missing from Mercer Island (a video)

As detectives continue to delve into this ongoing missing person case, they are working with family, friends and other contacts to gain more information. MIPD will share additional updates when more details become available.

Residents have expressed their concerns for the man on the MIPD Facebook page, with some people inquiring about updates and details on the investigation

MERCER ISLAND, Wash. - A 74-year-old man missing from Mercer Island for several weeks was found dead from "sharp force" injuries to the neck. Now, King County deputies are investigating a homicide.
Curtis Engeland was reported missing from Mercer Island around 6:30 a.m. on Feb. 23. He was last seen on 62nd Ave SE, between W Mercer Way and Garfield Landing.

No suspects have been arrested.

It's unclear if this was a random attack or if the suspect(s) knew the victim.

MERCER ISLAND, Wash. - A 74-year-old man missing from Mercer Island for several weeks was found dead from "sharp force" injuries to the neck. Now, King County deputies are investigating a homicide.
Curtis Engeland was reported missing from Mercer Island around 6:30 a.m. on Feb. 23. He was last seen on 62nd Ave SE, between W Mercer Way and Garfield Landing.

No suspects have been arrested.

It's unclear if this was a random attack or if the suspect(s) knew the victim.
I honestly didn’t see that coming! I pray Mr. Engeland may rest in peace and that justice is swift and severe.

MERCER ISLAND, Wash. - Days after a missing 74-year-old Mercer Island man was found dead, police said they have arrested two suspects in connection with the homicide.

The suspects were taken into custody in California for allegedly defrauding and killing the Mercer Island man.

The investigation remains ongoing.

RIP

"the 74-year-old's sudden disappearance was odd for the active hiker, gardener and cat lover,"

I can't find anything else about the victim at the moment, but he sounds like a man after my own heart. How terrible he somehow got mixed up with desparados.

JMO

There's now a very full account of how this went down. He befriended one on a dating app, who stole his wallet and phone and hacked an online account. He reported it to police.

Then, more than a month later, they came back to kidnap and kill him, steal his identity, live in his home and drain his bank account. The ridiculous plot didn't work, except the killing part.

I'm so sorry his trusting nature was so betrayed. This world is beyond crazy.

JMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67