WA WA - D.B. Cooper hijacking mystery, 24 Nov 1971 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck no.

People suggest we are wrong. So, the odds are definitely against us.

Don't forget, the FBI investigated this, amateur sleuthers, etc, for 35 years, so, what are our chances?

I think 1,000 to 1 against us is very fair. It is actually very generous.

left

ps I should have put up the money related to the "sol's", we all know how that turned out.

ps we will throw a party, and everyone from the board will be invited to a shindig in Portland.

Hey, maybe we'll have to go visit our nephew in Portland again!;) We were just up there last August!

Hey, maybe we'll have to go visit our nephew in Portland again!;) We were just up there last August!

Heck ya, if we are right, and you were one of our supporters, there will be a bash, at our expense.

left

Heck ya, if we are right, and you were one of our supporters, there will be a bash, at our expense.

left

Of course,:slap: I've been lurking on this thread. Nothing to contribute, but I remember this case, and all the mystery surrounding it.

Won't take you up on the bet - LOL and won't be able to attend a Portland party. I do however, intend to follow up here on the board. I sure wish there was a way to see it live. There have been party's on here, not quite the same but the best most of us can do.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Left, I don't know if your suspect is the guy or not, but I hope he is. I would love to see a resolution to this case.

You fellas keep your money, you earned it!

Left, I don't know if your suspect is the guy or not, but I hope he is. I would love to see a resolution to this case.

You fellas keep your money, you earned it!

thanks seeker

We hope he is. At a minimum, he should have at least been checked out.

Thanks for the help.

left

ps The one's who don't want us to solve this crime, are the same idiots who were cheering Cooper when he left the plane. So, it doesn't surprise me. Some people "do" in life, others "watch".

Well heck, it's a beautiful drive for me, I'd love to make it up!

:

I'd love to meet you and discuss this case, flying, etc. PLus, Scandi lives about a half an hour from me. I know a private airstrip in which you can land you plane if you so desire.

I do have a lot of respect for you . You have a lot of knowledge about aviation, etc. And what I respect the most about you, is that you actually admit when you aren't an expert in something, like skydiving. Your expertise in aviation is second to none.

Plus, when you are up here. Maybe there will be time to hit the "old spruce goose", which is only 1 1/2 hours from Portland. We went recently, and the museum has really grown and now includes a b-17, SR 71 and about 50 older planes. Definitely worth the 12.00 admission.

left

It's a long trip for me to a celebration party - but luckily I know a pilot :D

And Left - I'm still waiting on hubby to read through the thread and give his input on the aviation stuff. He isn't home right now - so I've printed off everything for him to read when he gets a chance. Busy life of a pilot ya know.

It's a long trip for me to a celebration party - but luckily I know a pilot :D

And Left - I'm still waiting on hubby to read through the thread and give his input on the aviation stuff. He isn't home right now - so I've printed off everything for him to read when he gets a chance. Busy life of a pilot ya know.

Thanks Mountaineer:

We have been wondering about you and your hubby:

Tell your husband to get his priorities in order. This case should come first!!! lol. (kidding, of course)

Anything your husband could add would be appreciated. Especially if he is familar with 727's, v-23, etc.

I would love to know if the pilots of today even know about the case, or care, etc.

thanks for keeping in touch

left

Celebrate, Yes, wouldn't it be wonderful to get together as many as we can to celebrate this sleuthing victory. I hope you can pop up , and am glad you have a pilot in the family Mountaineer! LOL

So Left, I take it our subject knows KOIN is doing a show about this, and wondering if his place is going to be staked out in case he decides to vamanoose! When he realizes what the nitty gritty is he might decide fame isn't what he really wanted all of these years! Scandi

So Left, I take it our subject knows KOIN is doing a show about this, and wondering if his place is going to be staked out in case he decides to vamanoose! When he realizes what the nitty gritty is he might decide fame isn't what he really wanted all of these years! Scandi

Scandi

He knows they are doing a show about Cooper, the investigation, and if he could have survived the jump. He doesn't know that the show will interview various people, some of whom may be a surprise, and he may assume are dead.

LIke I stated earlier, he was interviewed as part of the show. You will find his alibi rather interesting. His alibi will be shot down by an authority figure.

I doubt he will be staked out after the show. He didn't run in 1971, and I seriously doubt he would run in 2007. However, he was interested in knowing if the statutes of limitations had run out on this case. Of course, we told him they had :rolleyes: .

left

Just checking in to say HI to all! I hope everything is a go and we are only 12 days away!

Scandi

I'm going to visit Scandi one of these days.

They may have finally discovered who "Jack The Ripper" was, DB Cooper could be next.

Historian claims to ID Jack the Ripper

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa - An eminent South African historian believes he has stumbled on the identity of Jack the Ripper. Charles van Onselen said at first he wasn't sure he wanted to publicize the conclusions he drew when he noticed parallels in the century-old, unsolved Ripper case and the background of Joseph Silver, who terrorized women as "King of the Pimps" in Johannesburg.

"I was left with a choice: I have got intelligent speculation, which I think is pretty long way down the track to proving that this guy was the Ripper. Do I include or exclude it? "If I include it, it buggers up the book and people get excited for the wrong reasons. If I exclude it and a really sharp professional spots it ... I had to explore this possibility," he said, sitting in his tree-filled garden, about 3 miles from where Silver reigned, in a city still regarded as one of the most crime-ridden in the world.

The publicity around van Onselen's "The Fox and The Flies: The World of Joseph Silver, Racketeer and Psychopath", published in April, has made much of Silver being Jack the Ripper, the notorious Victorian serial killer who murdered at least five East London prostitutes in 1888.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070502..._the_ripper;_ylt=AoGBshShxP0XJUlEEOCjcGpvaA8F

I am really looking forward to meeting you too Buzz. After all the years we've been talking with each other, it will be one happy day!

:blowkiss: Scandi

Rats. I'll be out of the country when the show airs. I am guessing/hoping the national media blitz will pick up thereafter. I will have to monitor US news from Europe.

I can't wait to hear about what happens. I wish I were closer so I could hear it live!!

DB Cooper continues to interest me to this day!
I have a question leftcoast, if you don't mind? Does the man you think is Cooper smoke and if so what brand does he smoke?

Also, I was thinking since EC made the chute and he is friends with this Cooper man, maybe EC told him the porosity of the chute?

Hello everyone

We went and had lunch with our suspect today. I'm exhausted, so I'll fill in the details tomorrow. Nothing extraordinary happened. We did find out he was in the special forces in viet nam.

As for the questions above.

I don't know if he smoked back in 1971.

I have never seen him smoke. I'm assuming he doesnt' smoke, but, I can't say for sure.

It is possible that EC told him about the porosity rating. It is also possible that he knew the porosity rating because he was on that plane.

I still find it odd that he would remember it 35 years later, or care.

left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member