Found Deceased WA - Dr. John Marshall, 49, Spokane, 25 January 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very sad day indeed! RIP Dr. Marshall :(! On another note, the YMCAs are pretty nice here and people of all income brackets join. Nice new equipment, huge pools etc. really nice. Haven't seen the one on Monroe. I am thinking the doctor went to run by the river because it is really pretty. Been raining a lot so I am sure the falls are gorgeous! A lot of bad things happen in this area though. Another missing person from Spokane, was found in Idaho last week and was identified as a missing person. I had seen her missing poster circulating FB for the last few weeks. She was wrapped in plastic. What is going on in Spokane?

I thought just the same Elainera. Thought it was a charity aimed at Christian young men but maybe it's moved on with the times..

The YMCA or "the Y" was once known as The Young Men's Christian Association". Even as a kid in the late 1960's most people in my community still considered it a Christian organization. MUCH has changed over the years, but here's a basic history http://www.ymca.ca/en/who-we-are/history/ymca-milestones.aspx

Just FYI.

A productive life gone - just like that in the blink of an eye. Mind boggling. Very sad.

Sounds to me like a suicide. He left everything at the gym... Wasn't robbed, wasn't carjacked...

RIP. Condolences to the family.

I wonder if this is somehow related to the social worker that was shot by her husband last Monday (1/18/16), Brenda Thurman and Dwayne Thurman respectively. Both Brenda and her husband worked at VA in Spokane, same as Dr. Marshall. Shooting was initially said to be accidental, but Thursday was changed to homicide. In the articles I read about this, husband stated there were extra-marital affairs involved. More here: http://www.krem.com/news/detectives-rule-deadly-spokane-valley-shooting-homicide/22151274.

IMO events are either related, or very coincidental.

I wonder if this is somehow related to the social worker that was shot by her husband last Monday (1/18/16), Brenda Thurman and Dwayne Thurman respectively. Both Brenda and her husband worked at VA in Spokane, same as Dr. Marshall. Shooting was initially said to be accidental, but Thursday was changed to homicide. In the articles I read about this, husband stated there were extra-marital affairs involved. More here: http://www.krem.com/news/detectives-rule-deadly-spokane-valley-shooting-homicide/22151274.

IMO events are either related, or very coincidental.

Got to be one or the other, eh?

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS!!

It sounds like Dr. Marshsall was not stabbed, shot, or killed by blunt force trauma. Drowning would be picked up on pretty quickly. I wonder what they are still testing for, besides meds/drugs in his system.

Another recent story.

http://www.krem.com/mb/news/local/s...s-details-about-death-investigation/154735777

His wife, Suzan Marshall, was not satisfied with the ongoing investigation so she hired private investigator Ted Pulver to examine the case.
Pulver teamed up with hydrologist from Avista Utilities to find out how Marshall could have ended up in the water.
“Well they said that they've never seen a body that ended up at that location where doctor Marshall was found and especially in the condition that Dr. Marshall's body was essentially untouched by any obstacles on the river,” Marshall said.
Pulver said there was no water that lifted his body onto that shallow area because the current in the river at that time was not strong enough to carry a body to that location. How they body got there without a strong enough current still baffles Pulver and his team.

Another recent story.

http://www.krem.com/mb/news/local/s...s-details-about-death-investigation/154735777

His wife, Suzan Marshall, was not satisfied with the ongoing investigation so she hired private investigator Ted Pulver to examine the case.
Pulver teamed up with hydrologist from Avista Utilities to find out how Marshall could have ended up in the water.
“Well they said that they've never seen a body that ended up at that location where doctor Marshall was found and especially in the condition that Dr. Marshall's body was essentially untouched by any obstacles on the river,” Marshall said.
Pulver said there was no water that lifted his body onto that shallow area because the current in the river at that time was not strong enough to carry a body to that location. How they body got there without a strong enough current still baffles Pulver and his team.

As someone who lives near lots of water, I can speculate. Could have been a storm causing a temporary rise, or a release from a flood control dam upstream. He might have been able to crawl out of the water but not reach help. Somebody could have pulled him out but not called LE. All those have happened in my area.

So sad that such a vibrant man died so young. Condolences to his family.

As someone who lives near lots of water, I can speculate. Could have been a storm causing a temporary rise, or a release from a flood control dam upstream. He might have been able to crawl out of the water but not reach help. Somebody could have pulled him out but not called LE. All those have happened in my area.

So sad that such a vibrant man died so young. Condolences to his family.

http://www.khq.com/story/32018067/p...s-former-va-surgeon-was-murdered#.Vz8cTZ0Z8HI

http://www.krem.com/news/local/spok...ator-spokane-va-doctor-was-murdered/204433598
PI thinks he was murdered
this death is indeed a crime and this was a staged, professionally staged crime," said Pulver.
The photos show Marshall partially out of the water with his head tilted back and his arms down at his sides. Those photos also show Marshall's iPod still in his pocket with the head phones still plugged in.
"It's highly unlikely that anybody would be in that kind of a position in rigor on a river, especially with a river drowning at that location," said Pulver.
more at story

now we wait to see if police reopen the case

Wife of VA surgeon found in river believes husband was murdered
MAY 27, 2016

Suzan Marshall believes somebody killed her husband five months ago, despite a police investigation and autopsy that determined Spokane Veterans Affairs surgery chief Dr. John Marshall fell into the Spokane River during a morning run and drowned.

snip

Marshall has hired Ted Pulver, a private investigator, to review the evidence. What he has uncovered has led Marshall to believe a killer abducted her husband as he took his downtown morning run, tortured him and staged his death as an “accidental” river drowning in January.

Police dispute the homicide theory, according to Spokane Police Department spokeswoman Officer Teresa Fuller. Investigators don’t know whether Marshall’s death was a suicide or an accident. But, barring new and compelling evidence, the department won’t reopen the investigation, Fuller said.

bbm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back