WA - Four killed in Pilchuk High School shooting, Marysville, 24 Oct 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't think the first victims name started with a T but with a Z. Unless she has a more formal name I am not aware of.

Edit: I see now that the CNN article states both the victims names. Terrible, terrible tragedy.

I'm sorry, but it was one thing to think that JF was angry about something and found this group together than to learn that he texted the group to meet him in the lunch room. That is chilling to me.

ETA This was no lunchroom altercation that turned into a fist fight. He was attempting to snuff out the life of at least five other people. This was calculated and planned.

I am all for understanding and prevention... I truly am not understanding the compassion for this young man. Again, I am sorry. Something must be seriously wrong with me.

Doesn't shock me. He was exacting revenge on those that hurt him. It's really as simple as that IMO.

No disrespect intended but I have great difficulty understanding the thought process of wanting to memorialize the killer.

I cringed when I saw the poster with the unfortunate victims' pictures and then noticed the killer was included. Ugh

It isn't insensitive to call a spade a spade.

I still have compassion for Jaylen. It seems his whole peer group has nothing bad to say about him. I've read a lot of different twitter accounts and face books and have only seen one disparaging Jaylen.

Something happened in his brain....I still believe it was mental illness of some sort. Until I see people coming forward saying different, I'll feel this way.

I could be very wrong...just stating how I feel at this time.....

I still have compassion for Jaylen. It seems his whole peer group has nothing bad to say about him. I've read a lot of different twitter accounts and face books and have only seen one disparaging Jaylen.

Something happened in his brain....I still believe it was mental illness of some sort. Until I see people coming forward saying different, I'll feel this way.

I could be very wrong...just stating how I feel at this time.....
Just curious, if he hadn't been successful in offing himself would you want him prosecuted for murder or given youthful offender status?

Just curious, if he hadn't been successful in offing himself would you want him prosecuted for murder or given youthful offender status?

It wouldn't be what "I," as a citizen, would ask but rather it would be the prosecutor's choice, and I think that would be to go for an adult murder sentence. One think I would want to know would be his mental status.

JF was 15 years old... that is very young, in my book. For all intent and purpose this shooting appears to be anger, revenge, rejection motivated. How does that equate to mental illness? I am asking seriously, I am trying to understand what I am missing.

Being rejected by a girl is somehow understandable for the attempted murder of five other people? He shot them in the head at close range- one by one. I am just not that compassionate in this circumstance. I don't care what kind of a nice kid he was prior. Am I the only one?

Again, I'm sorry, no one having a bad thing to say about him previously doesn't change what he did. He murdered two other children and attempted to murder three others. I am really at a loss on this one.

I stated earlier on this thread that I cannot put my finger on why I feel so much for Jaylen AS WELL as Zoe, Gia, Nathan, Andrew and Shaylee. Maybe it's because I've read so many tweets from the tribe and outside the tribe. I'm almost 30 years older than these kids so maybe I just can't wrap my mind around it all..........

JF was 15 years old... that is very young, in my book. For all intent and purpose this shooting appears to be anger, revenge, rejection motivated. How does that equate to mental illness? I am asking seriously, I am trying to understand what I am missing.

Being rejected by a girl is somehow understandable for the attempted murder of five other people? He shot them in the head at close range- one by one. I am just not that compassionate in this circumstance. I don't care what kind of a nice kid he was prior. Am I the only one?

The NA community is incredibly forgiving and compassionate, and I think that will go a long way toward healing. JF was NA, as were those who were shot. If the NA community can forgive, who are we to judge?

Sorry, Polluck wrote "Real Boys." I mixed up the books. Both are worthy reads.

Nowhere did I blame feminism. I said while we have been focusing on girls' issues we have neglected boys. Someone asked why this happens. I responded that it's going to take brutal honesty to fix. We won't get there pointing fingers and dancing around political correctness. First we have to recognize there is a problem. Boys are suffering. They are shamed, labeled, isolated and emotionally stunted from the time they enter school. We, women included, are part of the society that does this. I'm not going to blame patriarchy while, as a mother, I am the biggest influence on my child. We, as women and mothers, are in the best position to help boys. But we have to start talking about this. It's going to take brutal honesty and a real desire to fix this.

ETA- RIP Gia. This didn't have to happen. :(

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

This murder rampage is absolutely not the result of "focusing too much on girls." It is the result of a patriarchal culture that breeds male privilege and entitlement. That is the brutal honesty.

CNN is reporting that the killer lured the victims with texts to be together at the same cafeteria table so he could shoot them.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/27/us/washington-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Blaming feminists, mothers, and/or equity for girls, is beyond non-productive and, IMO, as far from "honest" as we can get.

I stated earlier on this thread that I cannot put my finger on why I feel so much for Jaylen AS WELL as Zoe, Gia, Nathan, Andrew and Shaylee. Maybe it's because I've read so many tweets from the tribe and outside the tribe. I'm almost 30 years older than these kids so maybe I just can't wrap my mind around it all..........

There are stages of grief. I think the community is remembering the shooter the way he was prior to Friday and not what he became. I wonder...did he take the gun or any weapon to school on previous day and change his mind?

Shelby, I understand. I think his community is grieving because they failed to guide him through whatever was troubling him, and to protect his undeveloped juvenile mind from poor impulse control - and hence the whole tragic snowball effect. The old saying 'a stitch in time saves nine' applies here IMO.

Given the tribal initiation to manhood involves fasting and going into the wilderness, I wonder what they do with the young boys who have diabetes and cannot be placed in that situation because of their health? If I was a young male in that culture and I developed a health condition that excluded me from initiation I might feel depressed too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020
Back