WA - Four killed in Pilchuk High School shooting, Marysville, 24 Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One year ago today. My thoughts go out to the families of the victims and all of those affected by this tragedy. RIP Zoe, Gia, Shay and Andrew.

I came across this article while looking for something else. It's dated September 30.

A witness statement left out of the original public disclosure documents released in early September was emailed to KIRO 7 by Snohomish County investigators on Wednesday.
When asked by Washington State Patrol Detective Jeff Rhue why his own cousin would target him, Hatch responded, "Because I'm one of his best friends and he wanted me to go with him."
Hatch confirmed to investigators that Fryberg had just started dating a new, unidentified girl but was upset over the loss of his former longtime girlfriend, whose name is also redacted. Hatch told the detective that his cousin had sexual contact with the new girl after the homecoming dance the weekend before the shootings, even though his ex-girlfriend had been his date to the dance. Hatch said Fryberg “regretted it and then he wanted (redacted) back and (redacted) wouldn't talk to him.”

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/survivor-marysville-school-shooting-told-police-gi/nnrm7/

Nate also told the detective he'd seen a picture of Fryberg's suicide note on Snapchat and that it said Fryberg didn't want to live anymore and that he wanted to take his "ride or die's" with him - meaning Nate, Andrew, Zoey and Shay. Hatch believes Gia wasn't an intended victim.

Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office said no suicide note was found.

Interesting. And sad.

The father of a teenager who used his dad's gun to kill four classmates and then himself at a Washington state high school was sentenced Monday to two years in prison on firearms charges.

Raymond Fryberg apologized for his son's actions in U.S. District Court. He was convicted in September of illegally owning six firearms, including the gun that his 15-year-old son, Jaylen, used in the 2014 school shooting.

A domestic violence protection order filed by Raymond Fryberg's former partner in Tulalip Tribal Court should have kept him from owning a gun. But a record of the 2002 order never made it into any state or federal criminal databases used by firearms dealers conducting background checks during gun purchases.
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/educa...n-school-shooter-faces-sentencing-6750788.php

Two years ago today. Thinking of all of those involved, and hoping those who are now young adults are coping as well as possible. There are still no words.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back