GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion the online dating debate has been played out. Can we change the discussion to something else? I know we all have our own opinions about what we think should have been done but it does eventually lead back to "she should have". I feel if you have to start or end your statement with I am not victim shaming, we need to not post it. We have already been warned and I would truly like to continue the discussion about what we know about the case and JC and any new evidence or leads. I apologize in advance if this seems rude, I am truly not trying to be and my statement is not directed at any one in particular.

With that being said, I along with others seem to find it interesting that the LE said immediately what they found last Saturday in the gentleman's recycle bin. However they have not said anything about the new discovery other than the believe it to be related to Ingrid's case. The only reason I can think of as to why they wouldn't say anything and stay so tight lipped is because they are still building their case against JC.

Thoughts? New info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paralegal

She had it all. A career, children,home,I wondered yesterday, when the second bag was found so close to the other if it was to mess with the neighborhood. The "haves". I so still beleive,first face to face, and I would think by now they would know that. I hope her children never met him........................

I think he is smart also. Noone that has spoken up has not described him as such. I found the comment that he was better on the phone but in person creepy so telling. He could smoke his crack while online...................just speculating, however I believe crack is involved here

graduated from All OF them". this almost makes me think he was doing a cover, my client was so delusionial hours later ..................
I think it is ok to post his FB stuff to MSM has identified him.....I wish someone would do some cut and pastes ......reading the way his mind works, and his writing style is helpful...

I do not find him attractive either - the sepia photo he looked cute and sweet but any other pic I think he looks , well, sick. If I passed him in a 7-11 I think I would discomfort.

Last night it hit me reading something, that Hannibel ordeal, I do not think he was living there at the time. It struck me (wish I could find it) as if they came home, and he was like a burgler (you know what I mean)and then it went nutsola..

Nutsola......yep, perfect description CARIIS.
She didn't even have time to grab her phone to make a distress call from her own house. Sad & she was no match for his level of violent cray-cray.

Nutsola.

I frequently cringed during this past week while reading the headlines of some articles on some highly respected news Web sites, with headlines such as "Mom was dismembered in own home after online date", "Ingrid Lyne murder sparks worry over dangers of Internet dating", and "Mom missing after going on a date with a man she met online". It is okay to mention these details in the main body of the news article. But when these headlines inflate the dangers of meeting someone online, this amounts to irresponsible fear-mongering tabloid journalism. Whether you meet people via meetup.com or match.com, the fact is that meeting people online is very normal these days. 20 years ago, the online crowds often consisted of computer nerds and geeks. But nowadays the online population is just a cross-section of the regular population. And considering that roughly 4% of the general population has sociopathic behavior, you can bump into weirdos whether you meet them initially online or whether you meet them in an office or on a college campus. And, yes, the commenters on some of these news articles are almost just as bad as Charlton. I read some article comments blaming Ingrid, one comment that said "Ingrid is a *advertiser censored*!", and some commenters made very tasteless recycling jokes.

Fortunately Websleuths doesn't allow that kind of comments (and we're not the crowd to make them). We are victim friendly and do not welcome bashing.

In my opinion the online dating debate has been played out. Can we change the discussion to something else? I know we all have our own opinions about what we think should have been done but it does eventually lead back to "she should have". I feel if you have to start or end your statement with I am not victim shaming, we need to not post it. We have already been warned and I would truly like to continue the discussion about what we know about the case and JC and any new evidence or leads. I apologize in advance if this seems rude, I am truly not trying to be and my statement is not directed at any one in particular.

With that being said, I along with others seem to find it interesting that the LE said immediately what they found last Saturday in the gentleman's recycle bin. However they have not said anything about the new discovery other than the believe it to be related to Ingrid's case. The only reason I can think of as to why they wouldn't say anything and stay so tight lipped is because they are still building their case against JC.

Thoughts? New info?

Paralegal

Agreed - and I think it's all been played out here until more evidence or findings are introduced. Since there is no more evidence or discoveries right now any topic will be repetitive - his state of mind, mental illness, theories about what happened....all discussed. It's Sunday - so probably no new information until next week unfortunately.

Thoughts? New info?

Paralegal

I agree. I think there will be more shared this week from the FBI, local LE.

Snipped and BBM
In my opinion the online dating debate has been played out. Can we change the discussion to something else?

Agree! Agree!

The "something else" I'd like to discuss is any connection JC has to the neighborhood where he left the bags. Was the neighborhood simply convenient for him, or did go there specifically? IIRC, his mom once said he holds grudges. Did he pick specific locations? Or, just easy locations?

For locals, does it make sense for him to drive through that neighborhood when traveling from Ingrid's house to where he left her car?

Re: The one big difference for me between meeting someone online and meeting someone elsewhere is some people sometimes post online photos of themselves from their younger years,

That in and of itself, should take them out of ones life IMO.It the person is doing that blatent a lie, and it is lie, that is "caught" instantly, it ought to indicate that the indivudal is engaging in dishoesty, and IMO ought to indicate that there in all liklihood are other lies going on................

I am supportive of on-line dating forums and have many friends who met their significant others on-line. The horror stories my friends relay are maybe the person was not exactly who they portrayed appearance-wise or they just didn't click. I have had my own similar experiences.

Having said that, I think online dating does provide more opportunity and time to create the "version" of yourself that you want to present. Offline or online, there will be "players" but I think online allows more time/opportunity for the less polished to get their game together. You have hours /days to respond to conversations. Someone who is not familiar with a topic - has time to research and formulate their conversation. If someone is made uncomfortable by a question, they can eloquently respond back online. Whereas, in person, people are more "on the spot" and the other person can sense vibes/body language.

It was stated by one of his dates that JC seemed fine online and the phone but creepy in person and in my opinion that is because the gap between the online/offline versions was showing. On the flip side, he also met a former live-in girlfriend at Burger King - they worked together - and it took her some time to see his other side. This person blamed herself and allowed him to practice his dominance.

Ingrid was that not person - I don't think there was any way she was going to put up with him. I am not saying strong women do not fall victim to abusive relationships - we know that is not true. However, Ingrid had been married to a successful man who appears to be a great Dad, had her own career, a great group of friends and children/family she cherished. I would be surprised if she would feel so sorry for this guy that she'd let him stay with her or put up with his dominating mindset. I think they had met before on other dates (maybe lunch, coffee) and he passed the quick test dates. This may have been the first "real" one. Maybe her guard was down too with a few drinks (speculating) and he started acting weird and her guard went back up and she wanted him gone. Whether she was in a compromising position that would not allow her to run outside or make noise- that is to be seen. But based on the location of his injuries (forehead, chest, mouth) - I envision she was laying down either forced or otherwise.

Good post. Basically, it boils down to the luck of the draw. We don't end up having a relationship with everyone we start dating. We end up with just one. The rest are mistakes. She just stumbled on the deadly version of a mistake. Sometimes the more "off" someone is and has been, the better they have become at hiding it.

I just wish she had been packing heat. This case is sickening. I need a break...

I see that WSers Reba and Claire NC and CSI Dreamer have posted timeline items of RC's whereabouts throughout the years. Has anyone added or edited this list, which was posted on April 15? Can we get more specific about exactly where we think he was? I will set up a Google Doc (or if someone already has done this, plz let me know). If you can add/edit anything, please post your SOURCE. I would like to annotate all of this with sources ... might not happen for 12 hours or so - gotta go to sleep then to work, no matter how badly I'd rather stay here on WS.

Originally Posted by ClaireNC
"Here's a list I posted in the first thread:

When considering potential other victims, we need look outside of Washington. Based on his criminal history, here are some of the places he has been in the last 20 years:

- 1997 booked for assault in King County, Washington also Possession of Marijuana in Washington

- 1998 Auburn County Washington - domestic violence assault case filed May 21, 1998

- 1998 (summer) arrested for DUI in Washington

- 2003 Robbery and 3 counts of battery - Miami/Dade County, Florida

- 2006 Aggravated robbery in Utah.

- 2006 Restraining order with his parents - was this in Washington?

He served about 21 months before the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole terminated his sentence and released him without supervision on June 24, 2008, a parole board spokesman said. http://www.sltrib.com/home/3769205-155/man-who-served-prison-time-in And this: https://app.mt.gov/conweb/Home/OffenderNumber/3004563

- 2009 Misdemeanor battery in Idaho.

listed Dallas, TX as the last known address prior to an address in Montana.

- 2009 Felony theft, Montana

- 2010-2014 Might have been in prison for part of this time-frame.

- October 2015 Lynnwood Municipal Court driving without insurance.

- February 2016 Stopped for driving a Ford Taurus with expired tags

This list shows 5 states that he was arrested in. The probable cause statement mentions that he has a criminal history in 6 states. Some posters have indicated that the 6th state was Texas, but I don't know the details or source of that info or what the year of that arrest."

It
280px-Johari_Window.PNG

Johari-Window-Model.png

It is very relevant to the dialog we are having regarding internet and face to face. Disclosure/Way you want to present yourself/Be viewed by others/wiiling to share/not willing toshare/share as relationship moves along/ etc etc

I vividly remember being fascinated by this in grad school. Its been a long time ! But basically now dont temember in detail but in all relationships we do walk around all 4 boxes . Another way I remeber it is box 4 is like trust . One would not walk up someone they just met and say I spent 18 years in the penn! But through time , one would feel safe enough to do so.

Its kinda like ya stay in 1 then ya feel ready so you step into 2 and if that feels ok 3 but in some areas of your life you wont "reveal"something about self until your safe in the prvious

http://www.selfawareness.org.uk/news/understanding-the-johari-window-model

Directions here : During the exercise, subjects are given a list of a few adjectives out of which they need to pick some that they feel describe their own personality. The subject's peers are then given the same list, and each pick equal number of adjectives that describe the subject. These very adjectives are then inserted into a grid.[SUP][2]

Cause of copyright etc I stopped here, try it on some folks it is a facinating experience! [/SUP]

I see that WSers Reba and Claire NC and CSI Dreamer have posted timeline items of RC's whereabouts throughout the years. Has anyone added or edited this list, which was posted on April 15? Can we get more specific about exactly where we think he was? I will set up a Google Doc (or if someone already has done this, plz let me know). If you can add/edit anything, please post your SOURCE. I would like to annotate all of this with sources ... might not happen for 12 hours or so - gotta go to sleep then to work, no matter how badly I'd rather stay here on WS.

When considering potential other victims, we need look outside of Washington. Based on his criminal history, here are some of the places he has been in the last 20 years:

- 1997 booked for assault in King County, Washington also Possession of Marijuana in Washington

- 1998 Auburn County Washington - domestic violence assault case filed May 21, 1998

He served about 21 months before the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole terminated his sentence and released him without supervision on June 24, 2008, a parole board spokesman said. http://www.sltrib.com/home/3769205-155/man-who-served-prison-time-in And this: https://app.mt.gov/conweb/Home/OffenderNumber/3004563

This list shows 5 states that he was arrested in. The probable cause statement mentions that he has a criminal history in 6 states. Some posters have indicated that the 6th state was Texas, but I don't know the details or source of that info or what the year of that arrest."

I could find nothing in Dallas, I spent about three hours looking on Friday.

That one's easy, lots of sources. It was in Thurston County, WA - they lived in Yelm(couldn't find that reference again): "a 2006 filing for a restraining order in Thurston County Superior Court, south of Seattle, Charlton's parents said he had tried to provoke a fight with them while he was drunk and abusive."
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime...rrested-after-body-parts-found-in-7242777.php

Thoughts? New info?

Paralegal

Sorry to say this, I have found it with other stories. Unless it is a terrorist attack - on Sat and Sun "News" ceases to be. I have not looked today but do you guys know that for Zach Joey and Ingrid I did not see one thing on CNN main page, that is, IMO not ok. I call people dying news! CNN should change its name TRUMP

RSBM

It's here under his full name or case number 06-2-30144-4: [first name] Charlton et al vs John Robert Charlton, Thurston County, WA, filed 03/03/2006.

One oddity. When I looked at it on 4/11, the named petitioner was his father, now it's his mother.

I wonder what ever happened to the Ford Taurus......

Hopefully this won't get deleted as a victim blaming post, but the way I see it, where Ingrid's "online dating" went wrong was not looking for info about his background before meeting him. It only took people minutes after learning his name to know he had a violent criminal history. I seriously doubt she'd have ever met him in person if she'd known his history. So I think the lesson to take away isn't to avoid online dating, but to be skeptical of anyone you meet and do some research to help eliminate the undesirable ones immediately.

Even that won't be 100% effective, but we can't be naive in the world in which we live today.

Doing a remotely accurate criminal search requires a full legal name and birthdate. Who asks for that before a date? Everyone I know does an "informal" check by checking on courts.wa.gov. That search reveals nothing concerning. His only prior convictions here were misdemeanors, so they were handled by courts that process insurance infractions and, without being LE or going to those courts to pull the case file (easy for media but not single mom), no one would know his history. The reason everyone knew about his history was because LE summarized it in the affidavit of probable cause for her murder. Obviously Ingrid didn't have access to that document before her murder. Before the affidavit was issued, NO ONE was discussing his criminal history even though he had been identified the moment she disappeared.

RSBM

It's here under his full name or case number 06-2-30144-4: [first name] Charlton et al vs John Robert Charlton, Thurston County, WA, filed 03/03/2006.

One oddity. When I looked at it on 4/11, the named petitioner was his father, now it's his mother.

Et al means there were multiple parties.

Et al means there were multiple parties.

Yep, it's just that it was previously listed with the male petitioner's name as has been previously noted in the thread. It seems odd that the record has changed in the last few days.

YES! Totally agree. I keep wondering why (out of curiousity even) that she didn't do some googling of his name. She probably was too busy - work, kids, etc. and maybe didn't have much time to sit on a computer. Also, could it be he gave her a phony last name - friends said they just had heard of "John". Her sister found his Facebook page when googling his phone number. But as I'm typing this, I think someone here said they saw her on his FB page as a Friend but has since been removed (???). If that is not the case....maybe she didn't have a correct last name. But the phone number would have her led her there...just rambling out loud. I don't take your post as blaming in any way....there are so many "what ifs" and "I wish she had" that run through my mind for Ingrid - and it's with the intention of saving not blaming. The average person may not be aware of sleuthing someone as others here may be.
I got the impression it was a former girlfriend, Heather D., who unfriended him. This is the former girlfriend who has come forward to state he choked her. :-( It does appear the friend status has changed at this time.

moo I started last night but found nothing, IMO we should start, FOUND dismemberd victims, then we can try to see geogrphaly if he was in the area,

I was getting nowhere that is why I asked for some folks to throw out there search phrases regrding, found dismemberd whatever but i never got like ( ithought i could) - its a pretty horrific crime . got to be on some gory website .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roberasparrow