GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion the online dating debate has been played out. Can we change the discussion to something else? I know we all have our own opinions about what we think should have been done but it does eventually lead back to "she should have". I feel if you have to start or end your statement with I am not victim shaming, we need to not post it. We have already been warned and I would truly like to continue the discussion about what we know about the case and JC and any new evidence or leads. I apologize in advance if this seems rude, I am truly not trying to be and my statement is not directed at any one in particular.

With that being said, I along with others seem to find it interesting that the LE said immediately what they found last Saturday in the gentleman's recycle bin. However they have not said anything about the new discovery other than the believe it to be related to Ingrid's case. The only reason I can think of as to why they wouldn't say anything and stay so tight lipped is because they are still building their case against JC.

Thoughts? New info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paralegal

I also find it odd that no new information has been released after Fridays discovery, but then again WE ALL are convinced that the murderer is in police custody and the public is no longer at risk. If this guy was still on the loose maybe they would be a little more forthcoming with information. Im curious if they found "items" connected to Ingrid that solidify their case against him even further. Yes, they announced they found additional remains but by chance they found other things such as towels, clothes, etc. I would bet the case is getting really solid and they are waiting on a few forensic tests to come back to make sure this guy never gets out behind the steel bars. The DNA tests will reveal the scratches on his face and chest were from her fingernails. This guy seems to have done a real good job cleaning up but there is no way for him to eliminate all evidence that links him to her. It was posted earlier that JC can have scheduled visits at the KC Jail, who would be interested in scheduling a meeting given the chance? Talk about a face to face meeting.......wow!!

I agree. She could have chatted with friends about a guy she was talking to but this have been the actual first date. All the initial comments on this story were of the style, "Why would this mom go out with some guy she met online?" So the fact that she's been talking to him for awhile may have been discussed by friends as a way to defend her against these (completely rude and unnecessary) attacks.

I think her gut, for 6 weeks was saying, this guy is BS , that is why it took so long , something was just nagging her , stuff did not fit. When one is having intution like that, what better place to proceed than with 70000 folks are around. Maybe she , she is a professinial, had a bit to drink, did not want to drive all over the place, and risk a DUI, she made it clear , I do not want to drive, well go back to my place, I will give you a ride back tomm, but your sleeping on the couch. When he got home, his pathology resulted in him feeling rejected - do not reject a naracist especially a antisocial one.

For him, he thinks he is gods gift to woman. He is high. He tries to kiss her , she pulls back , he loses it and here we are on this thread ...just speculation on my part

or for same dynamics, kind soul, did not want him to risk getting a DUI, but made it clear these are the only reasons why , and you WILL sleep on the couch.

There are some people that suggest meeting potential dates in person ASAP if online dating. Because too much messaging/texting/calling can create a false sense of familiarity, without getting to know the real person.

So if she was "chatting" with him for weeks, I can totally believe that he came across as charming or witty or completely normal. Too easy to hide the bad. And then as soon as they met, maybe he came across differently and he knew she picked up on it...

Online dating and flirtation can be misconstrued as actual dating in some people's eyes.

Some will immediately assume that 2 people have been dating for months. Even if a physical date never took place. So someone may say that they have knowledge that so and so was involved with a particular person (without going into details).

While others may just jump the gun and say that the 2 were actually dating each other.

So until the cops come across texts messages or proof that solitifies the actual physical dating notion. Then I guess we will never know.

Exactly!!!

The same stuff was on the Joey thread. Maybe she wanted some sex, when did that become a bad character trait - humans have a need for sex, that is not a "bad or dumb thing - its human. I do not think after face to face she wanted to have sex with him!!!!Jmo

Single mom, works hard, deal with bills, three kid. The kids were out of the house. Its not like she talked to him once and dragged the guy to her bed. She did it the way a "good" single mom would - kids out

Maybe as a human entity she just wanted to be held to kiss have sex when did that become a "*advertiser censored*" notion---when did the world become so prudish ...geeezzzzzzzzz.

Now I still think after face to face, she would not want sex with him but who am I ? diff strokes for diff folks

Sex is not, IMO, a "dirty " word or act .......its human want

I take this to mean the two had been "dating" and by dating - this signifies to me that they had met in person a few times. Maybe not evenings - but perhaps he met her for lunch or grabbed coffee. I don't think her friends phrased it this way to protect her from media . If asked details about the situation, I don't think the average person would bend the truth after someone is murdered - they would want to provide very accurate details to assist LE or just say "no comment" or I don't know to the media. I think this final date was one of a few dates. Now, possibly the journalists mixed it up and the friends said they met online and had been conversing the past few weeks....I don't trust the media anymore - fact checking has gone by the wayside these days.

http://fox6now.com/2016/04/12/frien...-of-mother-of-three-met-her-online-weeks-ago/

WASHINGTON -- 37-year-old John Robert Charlton is accused in the grisly murder of Ingrid Lyne, a Renton, Washington mother of three who had been missing since Friday, April 8th. Lyne's friends say Lyne and Charlton met online in February or March, and had been dating ever since.

Agree. The media will hear online dating for 2 months but just say dating for 2 months after meeting online. Lol.

If we had a $1 for every time the news never reprinted a clarification comment.

Since he's an alcoholic and most likely drinks on a daily basis will he go through any withdrawal pain like drug addicts? If so I hope the kind nurses like Ingrid in the jail infirmary don't help him and let him suffer.

If he is a true alcoholic, he will go through withdrawal ... But I don't think it compares to heroin withdrawal- he will get shaky, anxious, irritated - but I don't think he will get cold sweats or be vomiting.
Being detained and having no way to drink would probably really make him irritable and mean- especially after the interrogations and interviews.
Not to mention , if he was a regular crack user at the time- he would be experiencing withdrawals from that as well.
Oh well, the amount of pain from a supposed withdrawal doesn't compare to the pain he has caused to Ingrid, her family and friends .

Catching back up here. I agree with the statement of the online dating conversation being played out, and I do not understand why people are still talking about what she "should" have done.

Pro tip: if you feel like you have to say "I'm not victim blaming, but..." (or something similar), then you clearly are. Stop.

P.s. "Dexter Morgan", I just learned about Mark Twitchell and was reading about him the last couple of days. Your SN now gives me a bit of the heebie jeebies ;)

So did he like the Mariners or did she. That seems like a first date/ date type of thing.

But I'm not a baseball fan. So I really wouldn't want to sit at a baseball game on my first date unless we were both big fans.

So was he a fan. Or did he feel like he would be less exposed if 3 hrs of the date didn't require her picking up on certain things. While he was pretending to be the fun loving sociable person.

I think she had some red lights, talk about having people around ! Perfect!

Hello all. I'm a new member, and this is my first post.

I just wanted to comment on some issues. First, Law Enforcement, including the Police Department and Prosecutors, have a pretty solid case, I'm sure. The circumstances of this case make them just as upset and mad as us all. This is their job, and I'm sure they are passionate about getting the family closure.They aren't going to release everything they find, and the family will know about anything first before it is released to the media. When the trial comes, this guy is going to get nailed with the evidence. The entire team of people that are involved in this case are scarred for life, imagine being the one to have to view, collect, and process the evidence. That's something that will stick with you for the rest of your lives.

Evidence I'm sure they've collected and poured through is video footage from the numerous cameras at the Mariners stadium. I'm confident that this guy left a trail of evidence, including digital evidence everywhere. The other thing is, he's very experienced being a criminal and inmate. I'm sure he knows how to work the system. He's obviously a career criminal, but either not very good at it judging by the amount of times he's been caught or just doesn't care. The violence of this crime was carried out very methodically. I'm sure he's had a fascination with this type of crime for a while and maybe he just took advantage of the opportunity to actually pull it off. This takes premeditated thought and planning, bottom line. I hope they are needling him in jail to find the rest of the remains.

I'm sure criminal profilers are also involved. I hope the legacy of this case is that we learn from him to prevent future tragedies. I also hope that the FBI involvement finds another crime that they can nail him with on a federal charge, bring another family closure, and put him to death. This case makes me believe in an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Maybe when he's sentenced and goes to prison, someone can sponsor a pizza party for the guards while they look away, and he gets beat to crap.

The only thing I'm curious about is the duration of their relationship. It would be interesting to see how he was able to play up his victim, when, and for how long? And has she been on other date since the divorce? I mean, this was obviously a smart woman. Divorce is devastating, and I'm sure companionship was a driving force behind this. What let her guard down, or did she even let her guard down? There's multiple different scenarios in which this could have happened. What can be learned from this?

In the end, three little girls are without their mother, and the gruesomeness of this crime is going to come up every time they search things about their family and mother on the internet for the rest of their lives.<modsnip>

And I pray the family gets closure, which is the most important thing right now. I also pray this <modsnip> pleads guilty, to avoid the family the scarring associated with a trial in a case like this.

<modsnip>

(I apologize for the aggressiveness of my statement, but I've been involved in law enforcement as a Police Dispatcher in a major urban city, as well as a Paramedic and Firefighter in inner urban areas. I have seen some horrible things and <modsnip> like this guy, and it's frustrating seeing the recidivism of these career criminals with no interventions by Judges at any points, and all warning signs ignored).

I had a conversation with a neighbor today - nothing about this case but these cases seem to trigger thoughts when you least expect them. The conversation was about our pets and my neighbor mentioned that her dog got really muddy this morning and she's wasn't going to have time to bring him to our local pet store which has bathing units. I said I hated bathing mine in the tub because I get soaked. She said she uses her standup shower because the drain is much larger (hair) and she can shower it down with the handheld shower head so easily and pop open the drain.

Thus far, I had been envisioning a typical bath tub and thinking JC must have had a hard time not leaving evidence and had to have left marks on the tub from the pruner. I am wondering if I gave him too much credit and if Ingrid had a shower stall which would explain his ability to cleanup so thoroughly.

I know articles mentioned "bathtub" but I'm am going to check the police report about the plumbing again.

I looked up the house and posted it had three bathrooms

Catching back up here. I agree with the statement of the online dating conversation being played out, and I do not understand why people are still talking about what she "should" have done.

Pro tip: if you feel like you have to say "I'm not victim blaming, but..." (or something similar), then you clearly are. Stop.

P.s. "Dexter Morgan", I just learned about Mark Twitchell and was reading about him the last couple of days. Your SN now gives me a bit of the heebie jeebies ;)

Lol. I haven't given a shot in years and my boat was wrecked at sea. Hugs?

Btw. Who is Mark T. I'm only familiar with the show. Thanks in advance.

"dabbling in the stock market",IMO what a narcissistic , "he didn't have the window to throw the pot out of"

Perhaps Skyping might be a viable way of screening individuals as a sort of prequel to meeting in person? I have only Skyped once with my niece in Spain. It might be a valuable tool that is in addition to phone and e-mail conversations. Just curious how really helpful it might be in screening the creepy live vibe?
:cow:

I wondered about that too, youngens - does that happen??

He is a alcohlic, would not be able to not drink in that setting IMO I think that would have turned off - all she needs at that point in her life , and i think she sensed it at the game

he he he he I did not know till Dexter pointed it out that it was baseball!!!!!

:welcome5: TacOne

Why did she text I'm on a date if everyone knew she was on a date. Why not just say I'm still out and things are ok. Or whatever.

Cariis did you change your mind yesterday you thought first face to face?? Lol.

Your like me all these new dating terms hookups etc is Greek to me. It's not like the days before PC's anymore. You met at church, or work, a friend or family member sets you up on a blind dates. It's too complicated these days.

It seems if anyone would say 6-8 weeks or two months would be JC because I would think the longer would benefit him. IMO

No my dear! Always thought first face to face, where I get that I do not know. But, always have, always will until stated different , all I have heard is dated 3 weeks 4 weeks 5 weeks 6 weeks so who knows !!

Doing a remotely accurate criminal search requires a full legal name and birthdate. Who asks for that before a date? Everyone I know does an "informal" check by checking on courts.wa.gov. That search reveals nothing concerning. His only prior convictions here were misdemeanors, so they were handled by courts that process insurance infractions and, without being LE or going to those courts to pull the case file (easy for media but not single mom), no one would know his history. The reason everyone knew about his history was because LE summarized it in the affidavit of probable cause for her murder. Obviously Ingrid didn't have access to that document before her murder. Before the affidavit was issued, NO ONE was discussing his criminal history even though he had been identified the moment she disappeared.

Maybe no one was discussing it on Websleuths, but it was being discussed elsewhere where the rules aren't as strict.

The internet and social media makes it easier for guys to know what to say to a prospect interest.

Oh she loves dogs/ Me too. I just won't tell her about how I killed my neighbors chihuahua years ago.

Oh she loves going to church/ Me too. I just won't tell her that I'm actually a atheist who doesn't care at all.

Oh she hates lazy people / Me too. I just won't tell her that I'm currently couch surfing and I frequent the shelter.

Oh she loves going out with friends and family / Me too. I just won't tell her how I plan to have us move to some cabin in the woods without any connection to the outside world.

Etc. Etc.

So the internet does give some the Jumpstart on the manipulation and how they should go about it. Jmo

Oh Dexter Dexter Dexter, have always loved your posts , there is a dry sense of humor in your posts. I am a dog lover so pls lets not go nuts but hysterical just the way you wrote it and the fact that you picked tiny dog

I killed my neighbors chihuahua

Cnat stop laughing

on a serious note I think we are going to discover fascination with fire, disection, torturing cats/dogs/burning lizards or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee