WA WA - Jean-marc Faubert, 28, Burlington, 25 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do agree, Navy supersedes public disclosure, even if they may not search for their own sailors. However, a concerted effort is made in conjunction, if that makes sense. There is a multitude of reasons why this is not public knowledge. Ie.: Next of kin has not been notified, ect., ect., One could speculate, but there are more than competent personal involved. It's an open investigation with Bulington, WA PD. If you have any information about this case: Contact Burlington, Washington Police Department.

Last edited:
Source? I saw facebook posts but no flyers. Thanks
Where? Or Are?
Was/is this an actual flier that is circulating? If so it says he was last seen in Burlington....that’s different than any information made public.
No. Again, from FB, somewhere on it shows source and NO it's nothing official, I wouldn't take it for precise, rather local community efforts.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1528178253450.jpg
    FB_IMG_1528178253450.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I don't see how. We're already discussing the possibilities.

Anyway here's some photos of the parking lot his car was found in:
isdYhPW.png

rwzWCTf.png

I never understand why attractions like this and bridges that are known for suicides don't have video cameras that are monitored.
One reason in Washington State: Public Disclosure Act. I think they still need cameras in the common parking and lavatory areas and check point cameras upon entering and leaving on both sides. Memorial Day weekend drew 20k+ people (+-)

Last edited:
Knowing both this outstanding soldier and his grieving partner. All of you suggesting foul play by his partner are awful people and clearly violating your own forum rules. This is a tragedy. This soldier did not just "Walk away from it all". He's missing and that's heartbreaking, hope he's found safe.

Last edited:
His car was found in the parking lot...who found it? Did he frequent that hiking area or tell someone where he was going? Who knew to look there and why? Or did someone call the vehicle in to authorities over something suspicious?

His car was found in the parking lot...who found it? Did he frequent that hiking area or tell someone where he was going? Who knew to look there and why? Or did someone call the vehicle in to authorities over something suspicious?
None of those questions can be answered during an investigation. *Except if he frequented the area. Yes. His station at NAS is 15 mins away...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180606-010745.png
    Screenshot_20180606-010745.png
    147.8 KB · Views: 7
not everyone everywhere is on FB. Would be great to try to reach folks who don't use it, also.

And answering who found the vehicle is often reported early. We've seen it many times in other cases. If it's not, there's a reason why, IMO. There is something of evidentiary value in knowing who and the circumstances. Good thinking to the poster who asked about this.

Absolutely I am an outsider. <modsnip>

Any of the people involved personally in the situation that are suggesting people HELP...I would love to. If there is a search party, let me know and I’m there. Key areas to search, where are they? All I know is car was found at deception pass. There’s been no mention of an organized, hundreds of people search party. Or very specifically where to look.

Other ways to help? Tell me, I’m there.

This story has touched so many people. For many different reasons, myself included. The internet investigating could be a very valuable tool. Already, the fb share garnered almost 30,000 shares. 30,000! That’s astronomically more coverage than so many families receive when loved ones go missing . Not all of us are exploiting lisa’s pain, because I know tragedy like his from experience. What it looks and feels like. And feeling helpless.

One fb post <modsnip> is all it would take for a massive search party to happen. An organizational meeting at a community building or a park, with paper handouts detailing specific trails, areas to look and specific delegations of clusters of people to search. UTILIZE the internet and the thousands of people that this story has touched so much. And forget about the trolls. Hundreds of people are at her disposal, if not thousands. Use them. That help. <modsnip>...what an absolutely horrible waste of manpower and much needed extra help in finding a man that was obviously loved by so many.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm local too. I understand why maybe they don't want untrained volunteers searching the Deception Pass area, don't want anyone getting themselves hurt. Also, I would imagine it was pretty populated over Memorial Day and any slightly sunny day we've had since then.

Are there other areas that are a priority to be searched or could use fliers posted? Its not that locals don't care, I think its just a combined assumption of the bridge and that the Navy is handling it. Happy to do whatever would be most helpful!

Its so hard to know what's really going on in anyone's mind. Many people who commit suicide seem very upbeat on the surface. And again, finding his car where it was, suicide seems most likely. We may never know. Many people have been thought to have jumped here and their bodies are never found. Two from WS come to mind, both having driven approximately 80 miles to get to Deception Pass Bridge, Krishna Venkatesh in October, 2014 and Joshua Milton in December 2015. There have been so many more.
Hi @Aunt_Tulip ! Could you please link me to the threads of the 2 folks you mentioned, or give me an idea of where I might find them? I did searches on both, and came up empty. Many thanks for your help!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back