Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 grown sons....youngest about to turn 30...all have college degrees, great jobs, never been arrested, actually very nice men! Never once, when they were 6 yrs. old, were they allowed to wander the neighborhood alone for hours or wander off in some woods, alone. And, by the way, they all have their own homes. Not a one of them lived at home after starting college.

Updated: 6:37 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 6, 2014 | Posted: 6:37 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 6, 2014

[h=1]Volunteers turned away from search of missing 6-year-old girl[/h]BREMERTON, Wash. —
There is still no sign of the missing Bremerton girl who was last seen by her family Saturday night.
The search for 6-year-old Jenise Wright has expanded as Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office detectives said they have concluded their “deep canvass” of the mobile home park where she was last seen.
Deputy Scott Wilson said all 103 homes in the Steele Creek mobile home park were searched with the consent of the homeowners. No search warrants were needed to compel anyone to allow investigators into a dwelling, Wilson said.
Crews used machetes and axes to cut into brush and bushes as they searched wooded areas near the park. Searchers also went to local businesses handing out flyers and asking locals to be on the lookout for any signs of the missing girl.
“We’re making progress,” said Kitsap County Sheriff’s Lt. Earl Smith. “We’re going to continue to make progress and we’re going to continue to investigate until we locate Jenise.”
Investigators said some evidence has been collected but would not release details about the nature of that evidence.
Some residents were unhappy that they were not being allowed to take part in the search effort.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/police-say-no-sign-missing-6-year-old-was-abducted/ngwkp/

http://q13fox.com/2014/08/06/search-for-missing-6-year-old-continues-to-intensify/

BREMERTON — After four days of searching, there was still no sign Wednesday of 6-year-old Jenise Wright — and officers asked Kitsap County residents to check their own yards and places on their property where the girl could be hiding.

“Take a moment and walk the property line, look in the bushes,” Kitsap County sheriff’s deputy Scott Wilson said in a request to county residents at his afternoon news briefing. “If you have a hot tub with a cover on it, lift it up.”

... snipped

In the briefing Wednesday afternoon, Wilson said officers have now expanded the search outside the limits of the mobile home park.

“We have finished with the deep canvass inside the park,”

... snipped

He also said, “Evidence continues to be gathered, processed and analyzed. I can’t go into detail concerning what that evidence may be.”

The FBI said electronic billboards with Jenise’s information would be put up in Washington state and Oregon.

I've asked this before, but at a point the thread was moving fast and I think I missed the answer.

Are the parents employed outside the home? If so, who was responsible for Jenise during the day?

I've asked this before, but at a point the thread was moving fast and I think I missed the answer.

Are the parents employed outside the home? If so, who was responsible for Jenise during the day?

Great question. I've been reading from the start but haven't seen any info on this.

Wilson acknowledged that it sounded strange initially to learn Jenise was missing a full day before police were called. “You have to understand, it’s a different mentality, almost like a tribal community, here,” he said.

“She was, literally, a child of the park and everyone knew her. Because she was so friendly, she would have breakfast with some neighbors here and lunch with others over there.”

Wilson also said that investigators are fully aware of the girl’s father’s criminal history, but do not believe it is connected with the girl’s disappearance.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024257444_bremertongirlxml.html

Catching up. So it sounds like LE does not believe parents had anything to do with her disappearance.

David RoseVerified account ‏@DavidRoseQ13FOX Former Seattle FBI Profiler on the Zina Linnik case weighs in on Jenise Wright's disappearance at 9. @Q13FOX pic.twitter.com/Ces6o1A6lL

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024257444_bremertongirlxml.html

BREMERTON — As another day of searching failed to turn up any sign of 6-year-old Jenise Wright, authorities Wednesday urged the public to suspend passing judgment on the missing girl’s family and focus on her safe return.

“We would ask people to set aside issues about criminal history and parenting choices right now,” Kitsap County sheriff’s spokesman Scott Wilson said. “Let’s find Jenise first and sort the rest later.”

... snipped

Wilson acknowledged that it sounded strange initially to learn Jenise was missing a full day before police were called. “You have to understand, it’s a different mentality, almost like a tribal community, here,” he said.

“She was, literally, a child of the park and everyone knew her. Because she was so friendly, she would have breakfast with some neighbors here and lunch with others over there.”

Wilson also said that investigators are fully aware of the girl’s father’s criminal history, but do not believe it is connected with the girl’s disappearance.

I guess for now most of us will just have to 'agree to disagree' on their style of parenting!?!

You are so tactful! Thank you for your gentle prompt for us to keep this thread focused on Jenise!

Typically I come to Websleuths first before checking any news media since I can usually find up to the minute info on whatever case I happen to be following. I was a bit disappointed to come back here tonight after a couple of hours to see so many posts without any real info on the search efforts for Jenise.

I know everyone here cares deeply & devotes a lot of time to these cases and it's hard to wait patiently for info to be released from LE.

K-9 Chaser - please stick around! We would love to get your thoughts!!!

I agree that it's frustrating. Spinning our wheels while waiting for news sucks!

Right now most of us are chomping at the bit waiting for POI's to be named – until then all we can do is discuss what is already known about this case and we must tread carefully as per the TOS of WebSleuths. There is much to be learned simply by reading some of the thoughtful posts in this thread and we welcome everyone's opinions and theories.

Great question. I've been reading from the start but haven't seen any info on this.

Wondering who had access to her. Could someone have been grooming her?

-Neighbor
-Someone who visits a neighbor regularly
-Delivery services in the neighborhood
-Handyman, repairman, landscaper, meter reader

Anyone who Jenise see would see regularly, that would not in her mind be a stranger. Someone who could get her close enough to grab her without making a lot of noise or a scene. Or even get her to willingly enter their car.

-

Mine started buffering when the retired profiler began speaking : (

Mine's buffering too - darn twitchy online streaming. Bah. Well, I missed it anyway, but still - bah.

In my opinion, "running around unsupervised" is necessary for healthy normal human development. A child should develop the ability to bike around the neighborhood and fall off the bike and get skinned up but still walk the bike back home, bruised and bleeding. A child should be able to wander into the woods and get lost and be forced by their own wits to find their way home. That's how you develop intellect and independence and ability to function. That's how you keep from being 30 years old and not being able to leave mom and dad's home because you frankly aren't capable of anything independent as many in this last generation has proved to be.

So that's why, in my generation and all generations before this, kids were allowed to pedal off on their bikes or wander off on foot for adventures. It's necessary to develop a child into an independent individual.

That has nothing to do with this case, where a child was missing in the morning when everyone got up and it wasn't until dark that anyone at all looked for her. That's a family in chaos and nothing to do with having children able to flex their freedom muscles and pedal around the area or walk and exercise their own independence for awhile.

While I WANT to & WISH I could whole-heartedly agree with you... Sadly, our society is not how it once was. I think most parents, like myself, would LOVE LOVE LOVE nothing more than to let our kiddos explore, discover, gain self-sufficiency.... But, again, as parents it is SOLELY our responsibility to keep our children safe & sadly, for most of us, in the communities we live in (...just FYI, I feel my own community is fabulous ... BUT...) allowing our kids to do the many things we were able to do as little ones, is NOT safe. And, as much as we WISH it was & WISH it could be... That wishing doesn't keep our munchkins safe... We as parents, making SAFE decisions, keeps them safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies for getting off topic-
Ultimate goal: find this sweet little girl SAFE & SOON!

Has there been any info regarding the older siblings, significant others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://q13fox.com/2014/08/06/search-for-missing-6-year-old-continues-to-intensify/

Mary P, 14, was one of the last people to see Jenise. She said they were together Saturday night.

“I was hanging out with her all day Friday and Saturday and I woke up and didn’t see her at all Sunday,” Mary said.

First I've heard this. Makes me think the neighbors who thought they saw her on Sunday afternoon were probably mistaken. The other kids running around the neighborhood would be most likely to know if she was around that day, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966