Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry Griffin @TerryKIRO7 · 58s 59 seconds ago
#VIDEO accused of rape & murder of 6 Y/O neighbor Jenise Wright, Gabriel Gaeta's face is seen in court for ...

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/AE566F0E731129951123273609216_2f90c77fc76.5.1.7562 645328876244080.mp4?versionId=evBf_TMrE9mSOROLDPgE YW2Be851u7cN"]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/AE566F0E731129951123273609216_2f90c77fc76.5.1.7562 645328876244080.mp4?versionId=evBf_TMrE9mSOROLDPgE YW2Be851u7cN[/video]

https://twitter.com/TerryKIRO7

Well I guess he can't use the insanity (temporary or otherwise) defense, then can he? The burden of proof is on the defense, iirc.

I really wish Gitana was here to help with these legal questions.

isn't not answering questions during a mental health evaluation akin to someone keeping their mouth shut during a dental cleaning?

Thanks to posters for twitter feeds!! Without your posting this would have slipped by the radar....couldn't find it on breaking news with Kiro or King 5

Maybe if we shout loud enough she will hear us? Gitana yoohoo :)

what?????

then what is the point of this whole exercise.......how could one be assessed if one doesn't answer questions???

:pullhair: stalling for what??!! IMO his council knows how competent he is and is going to go round & round with this one :sheesh::thud:

https://www.facebook.com/KIRO7Seattle?ref=stream

Tiny video clip on GG in court, walking without jacket.

His attorney ......... TOS violation, for sure.
He's going to be tried, either way. He can talk or he can not talk. But let's face it, how does a jury feel about folks who don't talk ....... this is NOT helping your client, lady. That's for sure.

ETA Saw the link on Skib's post but when I clicked it , it didn't work. So i repeated it.

Will if he isn't going to answer then we might as well move along. Basically sane enough to be told not to talk an won't. I'm sure he knew raping and murdering wasn't allowed but still did it. Pathetic. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I woke up this AM waiting for this court appearance. There is something very satisfying about that stupid jacket coming off his head.

Though I do not pretend to have legal expertise, I do not believe there is too much in the way of complex strategy involved with GG's attorney telling him to refuse to answer questions in the competency exam -- they want more time. Right now, Gaeta has absolutely nothing possible on his side and in his favor but getting more time through whatever delays are possible. Everyone knows he is competent and a really bad actor, his DNA was found on that precious child's underwear, and people want justice. Any time they buy will work to diffuse the outrage and anger we all feel toward this rapist/murderer.
JMO.

Right , it is a stall tactic. I also think his attorney is savoring her first big case . She wants to keep her own name out there and make some maneuvers that make her look exceptionally wise. I don't know how she thinks this will do it but I'm sure that's part of her thinking. Note to attorney lady, get your client to trial. If you get him acquitted, you will all the work you will ever want for the rest of your life ;)

I woke up this AM waiting for this court appearance. There is something very satisfying about that stupid jacket coming off his head.

Though I do not pretend to have legal expertise, I do not believe there is too much in the way of complex strategy involved with GG's attorney telling him to refuse to answer questions in the competency exam -- they want more time. Right now, Gaeta has absolutely nothing possible on his side and in his favor but getting more time through whatever delays are possible. Everyone knows he is competent and a really bad actor, his DNA was found on that precious child's underwear, and people want justice. Any time they buy will work to diffuse the outrage and anger we all feel toward this rapist/murderer.
JMO.

bbm: ''they hope'' ...... don't think so though

all I can say is ''billable'' hours --

:pullhair: stalling for what??!! IMO his council knows how competent he is and is going to go round & round with this one :sheesh::thud:

Right!?!?! Havent we been waiting all this time for an evaluation? Only to be now told, after 18000 continuances that he won't answer? Then, lets move forward. He is considered competent. I hate legal games.

If he can't be proven incompetent, then by default he must be competent - right? I hope this moves things along rather than stalling things in this perpetual limbo. Better would be him pleading guilty and saving the families from a trial.

Toss away the key.

If he can't be proven incompetent, then by default he must be competent - right? I hope this moves things along rather than stalling things in this perpetual limbo. Better would be him pleading guilty and saving the families from a trial.

Toss away the key.

I would think so, and if he is told not to answer any questions during the mental eval, how could they argue he is incompetent? Competent by default, surely? My favourite word of the week, asinine !

What am I missing?

Wouldn't the defence want their client to be found incompetent? Wouldn't that be in their favour? Why stall? For some reason I'm just not getting it. Who asked for the competency evaluation in the first place?

I watched that video of GG in court. He looked like he'd been crying. Maybe pulling the same stunt that he did when he was first arrested. There's nothing in his face. He's cold. There's nothing there. I can't put my finger on the word to describe his demeanour.

He gives me the creeps.

I would think so, and if he is told not to answer any questions during the mental eval, how could they argue he is incompetent? Competent by default, surely? My favourite word of the week, asinine !

Someone on here recently said that if you don't speak, WA law assumes you are competent. So, as long as they get the darn competency evaluation set up, there WILL be a decision whether he utters a word or not.

Is this really his lawyer delaying things, or the incompetence/overburdening of the WA Psych division?

What am I missing?

Wouldn't the defence want their client to be found incompetent? Wouldn't that be in their favour? Why stall? For some reason I'm just not getting it. Who asked for the competency evaluation in the first place?

I watched that video of GG in court. He looked like he'd been crying. Maybe pulling the same stunt that he did when he was first arrested. There's nothing in his face. He's cold. There's nothing there. I can't put my finger on the word to describe his demeanour.

He gives me the creeps.

Agree. In some ways to me he appears to be in complete shock and horror about what he's going through. He should be starting his senior year as the Star of the wrestling team...

If any of you are following the Hannah Graham case, isn't it strange how JM was the Athlete of the Year his senior year, and GG was also the Wrestling Star of his hs???
I was never interested in jocks in HS. feeling good about that decision right about now...

Bah. I spent all morning checking for news then went off to play tunes with my husband and came back to this.

MsMarple's logic says if GG follows his attorney's directions to refuse to answer questions then he is competent to assist in his defense at trial and therefore is competent to stand trial. Q.E.D. :p

Remember, the evaluators aren't required to prove beyond doubt whether the defendant was/is sane or insane - they only have to render an assessment with reasonable certainty, based on their professional expertise. IOW, even if GG stays silent they still have access to his medical records, school records, juvenile records (if any exist), interviews with family, teachers, doctors, etc. and can base their conclusion on that information. Plus, they have the probable cause document - his actions that day will yield a mountain of evidence about his mental state. Insane people don't bother covering up their crimes.

So, nice try Jeniece, but it ain't gonna fly. Oh, and Gabe - Happy Halloween! :dracula: I wonder if they do Trick or Treating at the jail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90