Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even want to mention this now.....but maybe a mile toward Walmart past where I saw LE cars on 303....I saw what I think of as a homeless man....maybe redish T-shirt...with black backpack looking towards wood on side of 303....

Did you call it in? If not, please do.

Maybe she was not there 2 days ago? Or maybe they knew from a search or a statement early on that she was deceased? Remember in the presser 2 days or yesterday , he said ' recovery' and I wondered if it was a slip ? Also, frustrated that they told the public they were not allowed to help search when surely if more people had been searching someone would have seen her 3 or 4 days ago . This also leads me to believe they knew from the get go she was deceased and did not want to risk some public do gooder finding her and accidentally destroying valuable evidence.
Hate writing deceased and evidence so many times in her thread :(

Yep, no family, neighbors or friends could search because of mixing DNA in the area she was found, and because they might disturb DNA etc found with or on the body. JMO.

I agree with you, it's so frustrating when someone is later found in an area that has already been "searched". However I will say this - I volunteered on a search a few years ago for a missing autistic boy. We were searching a heavily wooded area. It was incredibly difficult - much more so than I anticipated. There were certainly areas where you would not have found anything that you didn't actually step on. There were also areas where you couldn't even see ravines, for example, because the brush was so heavy. Also, the logistics of the search were more complex than I anticipated. I know there are SAR people in this forum, maybe they can chime in. I only have the one experience, so this is all just my 2 cents. But I tend to think the correct use of search dogs is essential - I just think a good dog with a good handler is often more effective with any human, even with the best intentions.

We posted a similar thing at the same time. That's exactly what my son describes.

He says that if someone lays down and collapses out in the open, he will likely be found quickly. But if u are looking for a body that has been hidden, then it is very hard to spot. And often lost people burrow in somewhere for warmth and safety so they are difficult to find too.

We posted a similar thing at the same time. That's exactly what my son describes.

He says that if someone lays down and collapses out in the open, he will likely be found quickly. But if u are looking for a body that has been hidden, then it is very hard to spot. And often lost people burrow in somewhere for warmth and safety so they are difficult to find too.

I'm too slow at posting! But yes, that's my point exactly. On a happier note, that boy we were searching for was actually found (just in time, too) by the next group after mine, searching the next section over.

What I'm gleaning from all the MSM in what seems like a chronological order:
1. Body was found earlier today
2. Volunteer searchers were turned away, but given "missing" flyers
3. Homeowners in the surrounding area with large lots, acreage were asked to search their properties (red hearing by LE)
3. MHP residents were asked to voluntarily give DNA
4. MHP entrance was closed, people coming in and out were searched
5. Presser of unidentified deceased child found in woods
6. Wright's home revisited by LE

Does that sound about right?
If the FBI ran throughout the night, searching the woods, earlier today could mean any time after 1:00am, and no one would be the wiser, submitting to DNA, vehicle searches, etc. By holding the release of that info close to their vest, the perp might have unwittingly given himself up without knowing it? And saying "unidentified" may have given the perp a reason to get out of Dodge...the mobile home park.

Just crossing my fingers on that one.

Thanks.

I would like to know where Jenise was all the times she supposedly left home on previous occasions. It is very common for a pedophile who lives close by to befriend and groom the child beforehand in order to gain their trust.

They reportedly told authorities that the 6-year-old has left the home on previous occasions and that they initially assumed she was somewhere nearby.

I believe it is possible a family member might have done just that, wrapped her body and put her in the field so close to home. Remember little Caylee A. in Florida? That's exactly what her mother did.

And LE went straight to her house as well, when her body was found.

Going to have to log off of the computer, family is home.

An article upthread said the area was overgrown with Devil's Club and blackberry bushes. It must have been a nightmare for the searchers trying to make their way through them! Maybe that's one reason the public was dissuaded from searching.

Also, I hate to say it but someone here mentioned the smell. :( It's been really hot this week so by now Jenise's body would be rapidly decomposing. When LE announced they were bringing in specialized dogs that could only have meant cadaver dogs. With heavy overgrowth it's possible she was there the whole time though it's not unheard of for perpetrators to move bodies around. Sorry to be graphic.

On the HLN video it looked like someone was inspecting a side window so maybe LE is investigating Jenise being taken in the middle of the night? I dunno, in other photos the lab people were wearing face masks, which is confusing. Maybe it's protocol. Hopefully the next press conference will give us more information.

ETA to add: I see Katydid23 and Amster had similar thoughts. :)

What I'm gleaning from all the MSM in what seems like a chronological order:
1. Body was found earlier today
2. Volunteer searchers were turned away, but given "missing" flyers
3. Homeowners in the surrounding area with large lots, acreage were asked to search their properties (red hearing by LE)
3. MHP residents were asked to voluntarily give DNA
4. MHP entrance was closed, people coming in and out were searched
5. Presser of unidentified deceased child found in woods
6. Wright's home revisited by LE

Does that sound about right?
If the FBI ran throughout the night, searching the woods, earlier today could mean any time after 1:00am, and no one would be the wiser, submitting to DNA, vehicle searches, etc. By holding the release of that info close to their vest, the perp might have unwittingly given himself up without knowing it? And saying "unidentified" may have given the perp a reason to get out of Dodge...the mobile home park.

Just crossing my fingers on that one.

One of the searchers, in the woods, said they were told to stop searching at 11:30 this morning.

This is O/T, I know...

But they are requesting people bring candles and ice to the vigil...

I have never heard of requesting ice...

is it for cold drinks to be served?

or a special activity at the vigil?

or...???

TIA...:seeya:

Probably to ice down bottles of water. I live in Texas where it is hot as all get out, still hot in WA state too, would bet. Older or sick individuals like me would need extra cold water to drink. JMO!

I tried to raise my girls as free range as possible. That's why we moved from London to the sticks. However, I always knew who they were with and, vaguely, where they were, always within a 1 mile radius of where we lived and we parents networked and checked on them, we would take lunch to them and sometimes eat with them. Not as free range as I thought but safer. I knew ALL their friends and their parents. I wanted some element of freedom for my girls, like I had, within limits. We are lucky to live in a village where they could knock on safe doors and access safe friends. I know I am so lucky to have been able to have done that. Free range wasn't neglect, just parenting within parameters. The worst things my girls got up to was when they were on school trips. My eldest was lucky not to have been lost forever in a jungle in India (I found out 2 years later!)

I am heartbroken with the latest news. While I'm glad that she's been found, I had sure hoped it wouldn't be like this. WHY would anyone do this to a precious child? I have recently moved from Kitsap County so this hits home for me. RIP beautiful Jenise! :rose:

O/T: I didn't realize we had so many posters from Kitsap County on WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member