Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know, or maybe has heard, whether they have brought in tracking dogs, search dogs, or bloodhounds ?

I don't know if this little girl would have wandered off into that wooded area around the park or not, but kids are kids and they like to explore things, especially when nobody is telling them to stay close by or is keeping a close eye on them.

I know the dogs would be useless in the park itself, because they would pick up her scent just about everywhere she ever walked. That would probably be from one end of the park to the other, and in front or back of every residence.

I'm leaning away from this being some sort of a stranger abduction because most of the people that live in those close, confining parks, know EXACTLY who should be roaming around there and who shouldn't. A strange individual and a strange vehicle would most likely get a lot of notice. Also, there are tons of people that wake up early every day. 4, 5, 6 A.M. is just the norm for them. A lot of them sit outside on their decks and drink coffee or read the paper, etc. first thing in the morning. Since it appears that no one saw her Sunday morning, or that day, it seems to me that this must have happened in the dark-thirty hours the previous night. Saturday night.

It just seems like that someone who got up early on Sunday would have at least had a sighting of her, even if she was just walking down the street or riding her bike. Those trailer parks are very confining and there isn't a whole lot to look at anyway, so they pretty much look at each other's places and keep tabs on what their neighbors are up to.

Most kids are afraid of the dark to some degree or another, so her walking into that wooded area alone during the night seems unlikely.

A lot of the teenagers that live in these parks usually have a secluded, somewhat private place that they like to hang out on Friday and Saturday nights away from the prying eyes of the adults and the residents living around there. One of these hang-out places might be a lure for a young girl especially if she knew someone personally that was hanging out there, smoking cigarettes, talking, drinking and doing what teenagers do.

I just think whatever happened to her happened on Saturday night. More than likely it is somebody that lives in that park that is responsible for her disappearance. She got up and went outside late at night and her parents either weren't aware of it, or didn't care if she did.

I wonder about the two sightings reported Sunday. I don't think anyone is deliberately misleading LE, but if Jenise was out and about as much as neighbors indicate, it would be easy to mix up the days. Only two people that we know of have reported seeing her. On a summer Sunday, you'd think there would be plenty of people outside, washing cars, barbecuing, watching their own children, etc. Since nobody has said Jenise came looking for breakfast, lunch or dinner, to get a drink or take a bathroom break, if it actually was Sunday when she left the house, I don't think she was wandering around very long.

I don't believe LE is discounting the 1999 charges. I also don't believe LE saying the parents are "fully" cooperating means that they have been eliminated. Unless or until LE is able to rule out family involvement, the last thing they would want is for the parents to clam up. All MOO.

Yesterday in that pressor, the Sheriff seemed to be saying leave the parents alone. It's confusing, LE usually does not come out and say that this early. Yet he refuses to say if they passed their polys. To me, that means they did not. Like I said confusing ...

Yesterday in that pressor, the Sheriff seemed to be saying leave the parents alone. It's confusing, LE usually does not come out and say that this early. Yet he refuses to say if they passed their polys. To me, that means they did not. Like I said confusing ...

They have been called something like "exceptionally cooperative" recently. I think LE isn't pointing the finger at the parents at this point and wants the public to understand that.

This quote bothers me too. Maybe she's a babysitter? Why does she say "I woke up" after saying she was with Jenise on Saturday night? It makes it seem like they were sleeping together at the same place. Probably nothing.

I'd take it as kid speak for even first thing in the morning she didn't see/play with her.

Which apparently wouldn't be uncommon b/c dad said he figured she was up early and playing with her friends or siblings.

The latter of which still really confuses me...b/c then they'd have been out with J...and if they were inside and he really thought that, you'd think he'd have asked them and thus known if the siblings had been with her at all that morning.

I just wanted to say that this could be nothing. My 8 yo twin boys have a friend up the street. She's 8 and has an older sister who is 13 yo. Sometimes the 13 yo will come and play also.

Maybe the 14 yo here is a friend of Jenise's 12 yo sibling? Just a thought

That's what I think ... She has older siblings and "tags along".

I'm not ruling out something happening in the home. Not accusing just going on what LE goes on. Start with those closest to the missing child and work outward. Until I hear that home and their vehicle (I assume they have a vehicle) have been cleared I'm uneasy. Certainly looking at other possibilities also. Where are you little one!!!!!!

I know all the homes were searched but I hope LE found out if any residents had guests over on Saturday night who left the next morning.

But if your 10 year old went missing tomorrow, would you GUESS her height?
Or would you call the doctor and ask?
That's the point. These parents appear to have just guessed... or something.

I don't know if I know exactly how tall my girls are either...
but I certainly wouldn't guess on something this important.
Both of my girls were 40 inches at 4 years old... and one of them will likely never be taller than 5'0. :twocents:

I wouldn't guess either. I always know how tall my girl is, simply because she is rapidly gaining on me! I'm 13" taller than my 6 year old. But... If I had to measure from where I know her head reaches on my own body when we hug, I would. If I had to measure pants and a shirt on the ground and add some extra for her head and neck, I would still be guessing but I'd be guessing my best guest. Saying this girl is 3 ft tall makes people look for a very small child and Jenise could be overlooked.

“I was hanging out with her all day Friday and Saturday and I woke up and didn’t see her at all Sunday,” Mary said.
http://q13fox.com/2014/08/06/search-for-missing-6-year-old-continues-to-intensify/

Mary P, 14, was one of the last people to see Jenise. She said they were together Saturday night.

This is troublesome to me. Teenagers don't typically hang out with 6 yr olds. In my opinion, I feel that there's been a rise in crime by youthful offenders. I'm not saying Mary is involved but it should really be investigated.

I don't find it super odd that the 14 yr old was playing with her in this case.

First, it seems to be a community that people felt very safe in and that the kids did a lot of playing together. In a small little sub-community like that, it seems like you see more mix and matching among playmates. That was certainly true when I grew up, and even the kids I've taught more recently that live in smaller sort of confined communities still did that.

Also, J had older siblings. This 14 yr old is close in age to one of J's siblings. I'd suspect it's very likely THEY played together and as a result, J and M naturally had interactions because of it. M likely coming to J's house to get the sibling or to play there, and that type of thing.

Sure she may have been more of a tag-along, but given J having ALL older siblings, playing with older kids would be her norm even if just at home. Plus having even older siblings than the younger too, and a bigger gap between J and the next oldest, she may well have been more drawn to the older kids because it's who she related to day in and day out.

There's also the factor of J apparently knowing what she wanted and pretty much getting it (to the point the other siblings were frustrated with that) But it may well be that it's kind of a let J play with you guys or you can't play...or a letting J play with them to pacify her type thing also.

And the friend also didn't say it was only the two of them playing all day.

I don't know...that part just doesn't strike me that odd.

Now if she were older...16, etc. that'd I'd see differently. But this girl is pretty close to a sibling's age, plus young enough that the older teens were not apt to be playing with her, so she's more in what's often an age down type spot than an age up one, so to speak. IMO.

In my estimation LE is not pointing a finger at the Family as at this point they have no reason to. It was also stated at the Presser that items taken from the home would not be discussed and items were being processed. So it's a waiting game.....IMO

I know how tall my daughter is only because we measure her against the bedroom door and have since she was able to walk. I went to check this right after finding out about Jenise. My daughter was 44.5" on her 6th birthday. I think her height is a mistake as already mentioned since people would be referring to her as extremely tiny. JMO

I think if my child went missing and I was trying to describe her to police than I would take a good guess at how tall she was. I couldn't imagine being in a rational enough state of mind to sit down and think about height or call the doctor. My mind would be racing around the other details.

Was looking at some facebook pages and seeing some pictures makes me a little uneasy about dad.
Just saying.
I pray they find this little girl safe and sound!

From all I've read it has not been confirmed at all that anyone saw her Sunday. Some have said they thought they did but no one's come right out and said "yes, I saw her about 2pm on Sunday afternoon" or anything like that. Honestly I don't think anyone did see her on Sunday, which tells me she's been gone a lot longer than previously suspected.

I think I agree with you . I'd really like to know how SOLID the sightings of her on Sunday are. If they are guesses or approximate or ' i think i saw her', then really this baby could have been long gone well before sunup on Sunday and that is a nightmare. :(

ETA Someone's post mentioned a ' friend' sighting and that is concerning too and I had not thought of it . If one of her little 6 or 8 yr old friends says ' I know I saw her when we had lunch'.... does LE count this as a' sighting' or would it only be a sighting if an adult who could verify times and what they were doing, etc. be a sighting? Does anyone know what kind of weight LE puts on a young child witnesses word in a case like this?

Well there is the picture of her standing next to the other little girl, and she doesn't appear to be much shorter. I guess an estimate could be made on that basis. My four year old is 42.5 inches tall, so I think 3 ft is not right either.

If they took Jenise to the doctor for regular wellness check-ups then doctors would have the records for her height/weight.
My thoughts are that since the parents did not care enough for her safety by letting her roam through the trailer park at all hours, then I doubt that there was consistent medical care given to Jenise.
I hope the children that were taken out of the home give a lot more information to the authorities on what happened.
No 6 year old should be left alone - period!

Heck, I was looking at some front window curtains that me feel uneasy ~ guess I'm funny that way.
Maybe that's free range style too

Heck at this point we don't even know if Jenise got up and wandered about in the night. From earlier reports she was seen wandering after dark. It seems she may not be afraid of being out in the dark. The timeline sucks!!!!

Exactly. 10pm is pretty late for a 6 year old to be going to bed too. I wonder if anyone really did see her at home that night. Their parenting and supervison was so lax, I've even wondered if there was something going on at the house that Saturday night and they just "assumed" that she had come home and gone to bed.

So far we have the family not actually seeing her the Sunday morning, no idea what she was wearing, no confirmed sightings of her from the community that day and so on. I want to hear more from the family about Saturday - what dinner did they cook her, what did she tell them about her day (who had she been with that day, where had she been), what was she wearing on Saturday and where are those clothes now? What did she wear to bed that night, and where are those items now?

LE and the family are not providing the public with much information with which to help the search - that I find odd. It makes me think LE don't think the public will be able to find her, or will have seen her in the given time frame :(

Maria Guerrero ‏@MariaKIRO7 34m
Kitsap County Sheriff's Office spokesperson just texted me saying media briefing on #JeniseWright search will be between 10 & 11am.

https://twitter.com/MariaKIRO7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member