Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll look for the links to back up this post and I'll come back to edit but early on it was determined that although a child did place the 911 call, the phone was then passed to Jenise's father who was sitting right there with the child.

ETA: Here's the link to when we discussed it http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...erton-2-August-2014-1&p=10823985#post10823985

Here is a c/p of what is at the link:

08-05-2014, 10:59 AM #347

Maybe this is where all of the confusion is coming from whether there was one or two calls and if a neighbor called or whatnot....

In the comments of this news article there is a poster (initials TCL) who basically says her son is the one actually placed the original phone call to police and then he handed the phone to Jenise's dad, James.

https://www.facebook.com/KIRO7Seatt...d=830451093641312&offset=0&total_comments=289

PS-When you click the link, the comment will flash and should show up at the top for you.

I can't find the scanner link and am on my phone... Can someone please post it again? Thanks :)

Just jumping off your post...

I have a question which is probably not relevant to this case...

But I have continued to be puzzled that there is just one entrance/exit into and out of the Home Park...

Aren't there requirements for two exits/entrances in communities/housing tracts/etc. in case of fires and other emergencies... To allow for emergency vehicles and greater access for resident "escape"?

Or am I confusing the "two exits" with living/working areas in buildings...

Or is this only applicable in some states... (Like California)...?

I keep thinking there may be a maintenance road (or another limited use road) directly out of the Home Park to a major thoroughfare/street... To be used in emergencies...

:dunno:

Unfortunately, if she was tossed into the muddy area, the person who did this may have not gotten muddy at all. I hope the one media photographer they let in gets and posts many pictures of that area.

I've been at work and missed the PC did they report the cause of death?

I've been at work and missed the PC did they report the cause of death?

no cause of death as it is part of the investigation which is still open

but manner of death is ruled homicide

After closely looking at map, I think the perp lived in community or had played back there at some point in time and was very familiar with the location.

wonder if the kids had a ''fort'' ((boy am I ''dating'' myself)) in the woods?

wonder if the kids had a ''fort'' ((boy am I ''dating'' myself)) in the woods?

When looking at the woods from Steele Creek....there is no indication of a "path", so who did this had prior knowledge there was one. And I don't think they came from 303. I don't know where the homeless camp was exactly. But, I think that entrance was for the kids.

After closely looking at map, I think the perp lived in community or had played back there at some point in time and was very familiar with the location.

I totally agree! Here's a couple of thoughts. Some are scarier than others. I'm going to refer to perp as he just to keep the flow of thought...it could be a she but statistics and all...

It could be a complete stranger/deviant/transient/repair person who recently worked inside the park, etc - who would come up from 303 to peep in. He could have picked her specifically or he could have hid out early in the morning and just waited for the first child to head outside to play.

With school being out it could be a new kid to the group, someone who is friends with someone who lives in the park - or someone else who picks up/drops off this new person??

I wonder if the woods was within limits of playing or if it's off limits to the kids in the neighborhood and/or Jenise. I know that when I was 8 I used to love playing in the ravines and creeks in the neighborhoods. There were always paths that crisscrossed :) throughout the woods. Shortcuts to junior high school through deep woods like that with creeks and ponds.

(o/t - I recently went back to those same woods and walked the old shortcut again - The trails are all still there but the hike now takes twice as long, is completely uphill both ways and is full of mosquitoes!!)

I believe it is because of the nature of the death. I think sexually assaulted then beat. Hate to say this :(
Agreed that she was sexually assaulted, but I think she was strangled/choked to death. If the assault was complete, we should have some DNA that will nail the perpetrator, and put this part of it to rest. That would bring justice at least to the one who is guilty and perhaps bring a bit of relief to the ones who loved her.

I go back and forth between they know who it is to they have no idea! IF they did know who it is maybe they are still collecting evidence or verifying witness accounts, but couldn't they arrest them and they are allowed to keep and question them for so long before charging them? Maybe more witnesses would come forward if the person was arrested.

Or another thought I had was they have an idea of who it is but it is more than 1 person, so they are waiting until they have enough evidence against everybody involved.

I kinda just feel like with a close knit community like this and a killer on the loose they would arrest someone quickly. Discussions on fb between the community have got very heated between family/ friends of J and people in the community that didn't know her.

LE will need probable cause in order to get a judge/magistrate, etc., to sign an arrest warrant. That is prolly why they are awaiting DNA results so that if there is a match, they should have no trouble establishing probable cause for an arrest. They could also have fingerprints and possibly something else...

Does anyone know of any other cases where they have done this, collected DNA before finding the victim? To me that's very telling.

Not exactly, but close -- There was a murder & a rape of a woman in a neighborhood in Raleigh, NC, and LE went to every house in the neighborhood -- prolly around 40--50 homes, and asked each adult male to give a DNA (cheek swab) sample. LE explained that if the sample did not match it was immediately discarded & of course could never be used again. One man would not give a sample. He lived 1/4 mile from where the woman was living. The man also had a previous record of B & E.

LE then put a 24-hour, plainclothes/plain car watch on this person. When he discarded a cigarette in a publicly-accessed parking lot, the cig was taken as evidence; the DNA was tested & was a match -- thereby establishing probable cause; the man was immediately arrested, jailed, later brought to a DP-attached trial for M1, rape, etc., found guilty & received LWOP. Standard LE investigation work.

soda cans have to be discarded sometime: from your post I am encouraged Borndem

When asked about time of death, LE went into blood being processed..........like what? I'm wondering how blood can tell time of death, unless there's a value set on specific biologicals or chemicals to compare to, but cripes! I went straight to the drug and alcohol scenario.
Is it possible she was drugged or given alcohol so the perp could get her into the woods? Makes a bit of sense: If she was NOT allowed in the woods, under the influence she could have been coerced, would have been complacent, quiet, and probably not afraid if she knew her killer.
If she was raised Mormon, she'd know alcohol and drugs were a "no no", but she could be easily fooled if she hadn't had first hand knowledge of what those "no no's" look like. A 6 year old Mormon doesn't have a clue, they just know it's against the teachings of the Church. Hand her a can of something and she might think it's funny tasting soda. Spike that can with another something.......

For the most part, LDS children are really sheltered from the norm.
Aurgh.......
Just forget I posted anything!:gaah:

My thoughts on that:

IF they knew when she ate last (snowball's chance, I know), they could analyze what foods were where in her stomach & bloodstream. That could help in establishing TOD by studying the ingestion and absorption rate. And they would automatically do, I would think, a tox exam to see if any specific drugs, etc., were in her bloodstream.

That's about all I can contribute on this. But I would think they would feel that they had to do everything possible for purposes of a trial and defense arguments -- "You didn't do a tox exam?? Why not??" or "Did you check the contents of her digestive system??" and etc.

Not exactly, but close -- There was a murder & a rape of a woman in a neighborhood in Raleigh, NC, and LE went to every house in the neighborhood -- prolly around 40--50 homes, and asked each adult male to give a DNA (cheek swab) sample. LE explained that if the sample did not match it was immediately discarded & of course could never be used again. One man would not give a sample. He lived 1/4 mile from where the woman was living. The man also had a previous record of B & E.

LE then put a 24-hour, plainclothes/plain car watch on this person. When he discarded a cigarette in a publicly-accessed parking lot, the cig was taken as evidence; the DNA was tested & was a match -- thereby establishing probable cause; the man was immediately arrested, jailed, later brought to a DP-attached trial for M1, rape, etc., found guilty & received LWOP. Standard LE investigation work.

This case was on Forensic Files last week.

Local knowledge required:

There are states where many people regularly comb the roads etc looking for soda cans beer cans etc to get $$ -- wonder if LE has checked out the places that buy cans and plastic and if there are any such outlets near the MHP

Wonder out loud if the residents noticed anyone fishing in dumpsters looking for same?

It's not only a source of income for homeless folks but kids and seniors do it too.

It is summertime and maybe kids were searching for cans in the woods and something happened?? KWIM

It is my understanding that there is no redemption value for cans in Washington. We have to pay for curbside recycling, as it is the only option. You can't even take your Washington cans to Oregon to recycle for money. In Oregon you'd get 5 cents per can, but the can machines read the barcode on the can and reject the ones bought in Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck