Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How common is it to not release COD in a homicide case?

It's typical in the cases I have followed for LE not to release COD when an arrest has not been made. The recent murder of Maggie Daniels is one similar example.

I think they are hopeful that the perp will hang onto the murder weapon. Thus, they don't want to disclose COD. I suspect blunt force trauma or strangulation.

One reported asked if "everyone" in the MHP was being tested for DNA and the answer was "yes". I wonder once again if that includes minors? I know this was discussed earlier in the thread but just wish the reported would have elaborated on the questions to include this.

My heart just aches for Jenise and this should NEVER, EVER, happen to the innocent!

I wonder if they would have to? If they got samples from parents, the DNA would show a relation. Then again, there are circumstances where kids aren't related to the parents by blood. I guess they could ask for samples from minors to "rule out contamination DNA"

My ears perked up when he mentioned that kids use the path. I'm thinking even more now that they suspect more than one teen of at least being aware of what happened. JMO, of course.

My ears perked at that too. To me, the burial site sounds like one a kid would use. And now hearing that it is near a trail that the kids use to cut to the highway, it seems even more likely. jmo

I had it on but it wouldn't come on for me.

I had about the same problem, Nore. I don't know if it was the link that went wonky or my Mac. I did get the "color pattern" and the loud buzzing, then tried to restart my computer but I missed at least half of the news conference. I'm depending on our good peeps here for their great posts!

Thanks everybody!

Pretty common to not release COD in a case like this. Right now the only ones who know are LE and the PERP!
That suits me fine. I don't like the horrible details . It's a tool LE can use when interviewing potential folks. You don't know that one may blurt out " i didn't shoot that person'' in an interview when no one knew they were shot. This is an example, not a guess at her COD.

Could be two different blood groups found. They always check blood.

I have a feeling that they will find the perp through DNA. Hopefully an arrest will be made in a week or two.
Not sure why but I have a feeling it will not take that long. I just have a feeling that already have someone in their sights. Maybe not. This is so horrible and to think she may have been sexually assaulted makes it just that much more horrible. However, I also have that feeling that she was. Oh baby girl, rest easy. I hate that your life ended like this.

Agreed. Very common not to release the COD. Otherwise you have mentally ill suspects coming in and confessing and you cannot get caught up and wasting time with false confessions. If you give too many details wackos will come in and confess to it.

OR she could have left the home later after her sibs went to sleep. My kids never snuck out at age 6, but they did later when they were 13 and 14. I caught them a couple times, and thought we nipped it in the bud. Only to hear years later, that they found new clever ways to foil us.

IF her sibs had ever snuck out before, maybe she learned from them or followed them. "If you don't let me come I'll tell on you!". Something like that? Not trying to discuss the minors specifically... but just an idea.

My ears perked up when he mentioned that kids use the path. I'm thinking even more now that they suspect more than one teen of at least being aware of what happened. JMO, of course.

I'm wondering if Jenise tried to tag along with a big kid (or kids) who strongly discouraged her and who ended up hurting/killing her in the process. I guess I really want to think it was an accident (which would still be homicide), not murder.

That's possible but if it was an adult that could also be the reason she was at that location. The adult using it to cast suspicion toward teens. I hope I'm wrong with my suspicions. I have been wrong many times before. Is it true that this time she went home alone and big brother was not with her?

DNA sample indicates to me that there is DNA on her.

The muddy Saturday is thought provoking

Tips are coming in about the muddy clothes! Yay!

What jumped out at me is that he said the paths are used by kids and the area was dry muddy. He clarified that the body was found in a muddy area. I'm guessing it's dry uphill and muddy downhill and she was found at the bottom of the slope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck