Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge hugs to the WS'ers on the ground that were our eyes and ears! I can't imagine what you are all going through.
Know that this community is always here for you, a shoulder, an ear, you are not alone.

Like most of you, I agree there was a serious lack of supervision here. But let's lay blame where it belongs, on this 17 year old piece of scum. The parents will likely blame themselves for the rest of their lives, they don't need anyone to help them feel worse, I doubt they can feel worse than they already do.

For me, this isn't about making the parents feel worse. (I'm not even really sure if they do feel bad about their role.) It is about being vocal so that even if one parent hears this and heeds the warning inherent in a case like this it could save one child from a horrendous fate. We can't help poor Jenise anymore. But we can be outraged on her behalf. Though I'm not saying you, or anyone else, has to agree. And I think that we can place blame on the actual murderer without shutting up about our thoughts on negligence, imho. It shouldn't be either/or.

Just want to say, huge thanks to LE in this case. They didn't let up for a second, and it was just inevitable that this perp would be caught. This is how it should always be done.

YES!!! I knew they would get this perp. Now, the question is, were there others.

We got the best on this case.

With all due respect; creeps of this world need to keep it in their pants. If it wasn't this child it would be another no doubt.

I agree it is the fault of the creeps of this world, but no doubt this kid knew that Jenise was not supervised.

With all due respect; creeps of this world need to keep it in their pants. If it wasn't this child it would be another no doubt.

Agreed..although this child was easy pickings, which makes me furious.

It's a bad combination, but generally it doesn't lead anywhere. Maybe a few dirty sanchez jokes when your walking to language arts or talking about which girls have a chest and which have not. Rather than attempting to hide the world, parents need to give age appropriate explanations with a focus on that nobody but yourself should have access to your parts and when somebody wants to it needs to be reported immediately. The age of information does not create pedophilia or lead one to the point of carrying out such atrocities on a child. These behaviors are rooted in severe childhood trauma, being beaten, dominated and helpless. Social isolation and sexual frustration would be contributing factors.

I'm happy we have some closure here and this little girl can finally rest.

I am not sure that it does not lead anywhere or have a negative societal impact. Lots of kids have been desensitized to extremely violent images. Many have spent countless hours shooting victims in GTA or similar games. Many have watched countless graphic videos of violent sexual images, which include rape and torture. How could that not be a negative thing for us as a whole?

Many of the spree killers and school shooters practiced their aim while playing video games. I will freely admit that my son played many hours of video games as he was growing up. I don't think it automatically makes someone into a violent person. But as a society, we seem to be reaping the effects as a whole. jmo

It's a bad combination, but generally it doesn't lead anywhere. Maybe a few dirty sanchez jokes when your walking to language arts or talking about which girls have a chest and which have not. Rather than attempting to hide the world, parents need to give age appropriate explanations with a focus on that nobody but yourself should have access to your parts and when somebody wants to it needs to be reported immediately. The age of information does not create pedophilia or lead one to the point of carrying out such atrocities on a child. These behaviors are rooted in severe childhood trauma, being beaten, dominated and helpless. Social isolation and sexual frustration would be contributing factors.

I'm happy we have some closure here and this little girl can finally rest.
Also, we MUST start teaching boys that they are NOT entitled to girls' bodies.

For me, this isn't about making the parents feel worse. (I'm not even really sure if they do feel bad about their role.) It is about being vocal so that even if one parent hears this and heeds the warning inherent in a case like this it could save one child from a horrendous fate. We can't help poor Jenise anymore. But we can be outraged on her behalf. Though I'm not saying you, or anyone else, has to agree. And I think that we can place blame on the actual murderer without shutting up about our thoughts on negligence, imho. It shouldn't be either/or.

But isn't blaming the parents like blaming a rape victim for being out at 11:30 at night wearing a short skirt? We should be able to be out in our communities without being raped or murdered.

I completely agree. Neglected kids are easy targets, period. They are more likely to be sexually abused, physically abused, murdered, etc. A 6-year-old cannot possibly navigate life on her own. At 6 a kid should at most be able to play with a kid next door, when you know the parents and know what kind of home it is. No 6-year-old has any business roaming freely day or night. It was just a matter of time before something bad happened to her.

I am not sure that it does not lead anywhere or have a negative societal impact. Lots of kids have been desensitized to extremely violent images. Many have spent countless hours shooting victims in GTA or similar games. Many have watched countless graphic videos of violent sexual images, which include rape and torture. How could that not be a negative thing for us as a whole?

Many of the spree killers and school shooters practiced their aim while playing video games. I will freely admit that my son played many hours of video games as he was growing up. I don't think it automatically makes someone into a violent person. But as a society, we seem to be reaping the effects as a whole. jmo

JMO as someone who enjoys video games, and also owns guns...a video game has never helped my aim lol.

But isn't blaming the parents like blaming a rape victim for being out at 11:30 at night wearing a short skirt? We should be able to be out in our communities without being raped or murdered.

We should but the world does not work like that. Parents make their decisions based upon how the world actually is, not how it should be. In an ideal world, a kid should be able to roam where ever they want, but we live in this world. In this world there are pedophiles, kidnappers, murderers, or just plain reckless jerks. In this world, a kid of 6 cannot be unsupervised for more than a few minutes.

I love seeing "Arrest" at the top but I wish that it hadn't been another child from her community.

True, but 6yr old need parental supervision. If you wake up and your 6 yr old is not home, and you don't go out looking until 8:30 pm, that is a distinct lack of supervision. Obviously, we should be able to roam our community without being raped and murdered. But 6 yr olds should not be hanging out with teens and playing in abandoned houses and roaming around at will, because 6 yr olds have no ability to sense true danger. jmo

So glad they made a quick arrest. Lock that stupid 17 y/o beast up for life!

Please be comforted to know that Jenise is safe now, in a wonderful place without crying, sin, or death. She will never again experience this dark world. "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these" (Matt. 19:14)

True, but 6yr old need parental supervision. If you wake up and your 6 yr old is not home, and you don't go out looking until 8:30 pm, that is a distinct lack of supervision. Obviously, we should be able to roam our community without being raped and murdered. But 6 yr olds should not be hanging out with teens and playing in abandoned houses and roaming around at will, because 6 yr olds have no ability to sense true danger. jmo
I agree, my son is 21 now and I would never have let him be on his own at that age. I just hate to see victim blaming. Yes, it probably wouldn't have happened if she were supervised to our standards, but in the end there is one person responsible and that's this 17 year old.

I agree, Tier. Because of parental negligence I had the wrong person pegged at the beginning until yesterday's clue for me at the pressor. But, even if only one parent learns from this, and one child's life is saved from a similar fate, our voices have significance. I am not about making the parents feel worse but I hope they understand from now on their responsibilities as parents.

ETA - I think the parents should be charged as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000