Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #8 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of users are speculating and wondering about the clothing items that were NOT listed on the Probable Cause document. It's quite possible that they were found, but found AFTER the probable cause was created, during a followup search. I'd be really interested in learning what else was found afterwards.

Also, regarding the woods being the same "patch of woods" or not... a thought that may have been running through his head was the previous murder, and maybe if he dumps her in the woods and hits her with a rock it might be associated/misattributed.

On page 16/47 on my phone. Wrote a lot yesterday before it rejected my post because the thread was locked. Will go get that and copy and paste here.

*** GRAPHIC POST FOLLOWS ***

Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that a girl was killed many years ago (1988?) in those same woods by a transient. He bashed her skull in with a rock IIRC. What if GG had developed sick fantasies about that killing? Could possibly explain the way he treated little Jenise. IOW I'm not sure the older crime wasn't in some way related to this one. MOO

perhaps GG knew of the older case... And tried/hoped LE would again think a transient was the perp?

:dunno:

I'm stuck on a couple of details but as far as some of GG's movements go I think there are uncomplicated reasons for them. IOW, I'm working on the KISS method for now.

The CPC was intended to present enough evidence to convince a judge that this crime occurred and that GG committed it, so the articles listed in it don't include other pieces of evidence LE collected. If search warrant docs are released we'll have a bigger picture of events.

Looking at the map of GG's house it seems that he'd have little trouble sneaking in and out of the woods. LE impounded the vehicles so there's probably a connection. We know Jenise's body was moved between a half hour and three hours after she died.

As far as his bloodied clothing being found in his house, here's how I see it – all MOO of course:

I don't think anyone in the MHP had any idea of how fast and how large the search for Jenise would be. I'm sure everyone, GG included, assumed LE and/or FBI would knock on doors, politely ask their questions and then leave. Period. So GG saw no risk in having the bloody clothes in his room. And yeah, good point about whether or not he knew how to do laundry.

No one foresaw police immediately setting up check points at the entrance and at the gated roads off 303, thus sealing off exits and controlling the residents' movements. Nor did anyone anticipate LE requesting DNA elimination samples.

Any thoughts GG might have had about disposing incriminating evidence were disrupted by LE's rapid and thorough response. IOW his window of opportunity shrunk and disappeared. All he could do is hunker down like a trapped rat and hope LE wouldn't notice him.

Being a teen and probably a sociopath worked against him since he had no clue that what usually worked with mom and dad - lying in his bed, “distraught” - wouldn't pass muster with LE.

Pure speculation and MOO. I also agree with Gitana1 that had he gotten away with Jenise's murder he'd do it again.

I have not read most of the posts in these threads so I don't know what happened that caused the thread to get locked. So I'm hoping as long as I am not naming or sleuthing minors or discussing the parents I will be ok.

The items found in his room are 'his' clothes. Her underwear and shorts were found in the woods.

No doubt in my mind he could get from the wooded area into his house unnoticed.

I believe this crime occurred between 10pm and 7am (Sat to Sun).

I haven't read much here and don't watch NG so I'm just hearing about the possible Burger King trip. I could see that as a possible way for him to lure her. Did MP go too? I read here she walked J home Sat night.

My guess is he lured her with the intention of sexual assault. I think things went wrong and he may have strangled her to silence her and then when he realized he killed her he unleashed major rage at himself on her (blunt force trauma).

I think it is possible he and a friend planned the rape.

He attended the vigil with his mother (not sure who else). And that is the day the FBI came back to his house to obtain his DNA. He lit a candle at the vigil.

It has been said he was/is a quiet kid. Pent up rage/anger?? Did someone abuse him?

All MOO.

Why did Gabe need to be "mentored"? Why did he need "mentoring"? Where was his own father? What about his step-father? What about other males of importance, i.e. his older brothers? his coach? JMO

I know it's been reported that she was "seen in bed" Saturday night...but any report on being PUT to bed?
J was a small girl. If she doesn't make her bed in the mornings, the blankets and pillows could have been all bunched up and parents could have just thought she was there under them. That would account for her being gone the next morning.

this is my opinion only

maybe gg came to the door that morning to see if the brother was home, found out he wasn't. and j went outside with him. I say this crime happened first thing in the morning, since nobody has came forward and said j ate breakfast or lunch with them. or maybe j got up at 7 and saw gg outside and went outside to talk to him. I do believe she was home Saturday night.

I don't think it would of done any good to start looking for her, she was already gone. I am not excusing not looking for her until 10 pm but I just dont think it would of done any good.

You may be right, but as a friend of the family's, GG had access to her anyway. Her family trusted him (that was a mistake more than the roaming, imo, but how could they have known??). I think the timing of this particular weekend is more telling than her free-roaming the neighborhood.

I agree that discovering the trigger that made GG complete this act... why THIS night/time... Is crucial to the case...

I kind of think this was not just an opportunistic act...

(Well... That is what I think at the moment, anyway...,always subject to change...)

Why would LE assume the bag was nylon, black or a duffle bag then? I think there was a bag located there. JMO

Because the strap was similar to the types of straps normally found on those types of bags. I have a laptop bag and a duffle bag and the long, shoulder straps on both are almost identical.

w

I asked way earlier on the previous thread:
bail has been granted at $1M (didn't hear if that was cash or bond)
could he bond out if the eval is done quickly??

He can be bonded out immediately if his family could come up with 100k cash. They won't, though.

I guess I have to stop saying "I'm new here" when I disagree with a longtime poster, and I know Gitana is a very thoughtful and knowledgeable websleuther. But I don't see Ted Bundy as a valid comparison.

I've studied Bundy (and other serial murderers) extensively - I can probably quote Bob Keppel verbatim in many instances. Bundy is one of the most unique and successful serial criminals in the west, although to be fair, the proliferation of cameras and advances in forensic science would make it much harder for him to have his murderous career today. That notwithstanding, not only was Bundy highly organized but he was able to persuade adult victims to come with him, and then render them unconscious and spirit them off to kill sites, and conceal their remains for months if not years. And of course, he was a dedicated prowler, a peeper (as Gitana noted), and a B&E man (q.v. the Linda Healy case in 1974, still one of the more audacious abduction murders ever perpetrated.) Not to mention a necrophiliac. There is only one police interview where he was ever at a disadvantage - the Pensacola arrest in '78, when he was totally exhausted. Otherwise, he was confident, cocky, and he usually played with LE in his interviews. Gaeta, by contrast, is a boy who was quickly reduced to tears, and one who was fairly easily persuaded to admit his guilt.

I think Occam's razor applies in this case - at least at this time, with the evidence we have, Gaeta is just a teenager who acted impulsively, killed to prevent his victim from talking, and then did an ineffectual job disposing of the body and the evidence that connected him to the crime. By contrast, Bundy's earliest suspected crimes have never even been definitely linked to him, and of course he never admitted to them - unlike Gaeta, who has already confessed.

Hi Biggles. Thank you for that response. You're probably right. But if Bundy had started murdering as a teenager and was caught, perhaps he would've had a similar reaction. I'm looking at Gaeta as an undeveloped killer.

What concerns me is that, while he did sort of "confess", with a nod, his ability to manipulated, his clear lack of empathy as he yawned and stretched and acted normally when detectives left he room, while acting catatonic and crying the moment they were in the room, seems somewhat sophisticated to me. And I totally disagree that he was "reduced to tears." His tears dried up the moment the investigators left the room and started again on cue when they returned.

Certainly he is a disorganized type killer at this point. Like Bundy became in Florida. It is possible for a killer to be both cunning and surgical and also out of control and spur of the moment.

The photo of Gaeta at his girlfriend's home with her dog, days after the disappearance and murder of Jenise, tells me this is not just a sad, remorseful teenager "who acted impulsively". This is a person without empathy at all, who enjoyed what he did and only lost sleep over it when he thought about being caught.

ETA: Here is a site about the difference between disaorganized and organized killers (really, this applies to serial killers and there's no evidence Gaeta is one, but it is interesting to compare his characteristics): http://www.drtomoconnor.com/4050/4050lect04.htm.

If by some minute chance he bonded out, LE would surely have him under tight, tight surveillance.

He's probably safer in prison, actually, considering the outrage in his community.

But yes, Gitana, why on earth is this suspected child murderer and rapist even eligible for bail in the first place?

Bail in cases like this is really based on their ability to pay. I guarantee you it was higher than the family could possibly afford and designed that way. The court makes bail high when they want to keep someone in and if they have good reason to want to keep them in custody. And they can do that.

So that is what we're going to do today and I'm really excited. We'll go buy a set or two of supplies send them to Jenise's school or give them to the counselor at our school so that they can be given to someone who doesn't have any. I'm leaning towards sending them to her own school. I think Jenise would like that. If Jenise's school has the supply list online I will buy from it and if not I'll just use ours (I assume they are all pretty similar in this grade!). School supplies are really inexpensive right now (like $0.50 for a box of crayons or a bottle of glue), so this is something we can definitely do in honor of Jenise, and love that my little one came up with the idea. :)

Sbm. If you can't find the supply list online on Cottonwood's website (CKSD school district) message me and I will go over to Wal-Mart and pick it up.

I'm stuck on a couple of details but as far as some of GG's movements go I think there are uncomplicated reasons for them. IOW, I'm working on the KISS method for now.

The CPC was intended to present enough evidence to convince a judge that this crime occurred and that GG committed it, so the articles listed in it don't include other pieces of evidence LE collected. If search warrant docs are released we'll have a bigger picture of events.

Looking at the map of GG's house it seems that he'd have little trouble sneaking in and out of the woods. LE impounded the vehicles so there's probably a connection. We know Jenise's body was moved between a half hour and three hours after she died.

As far as his bloodied clothing being found in his house, here's how I see it – all MOO of course:

I don't think anyone in the MHP had any idea of how fast and how large the search for Jenise would be. I'm sure everyone, GG included, assumed LE and/or FBI would knock on doors, politely ask their questions and then leave. Period. So GG saw no risk in having the bloody clothes in his room. And yeah, good point about whether or not he knew how to do laundry.

No one foresaw police immediately setting up check points at the entrance and at the gated roads off 303, thus sealing off exits and controlling the residents' movements. Nor did anyone anticipate LE requesting DNA elimination samples.

Any thoughts GG might have had about disposing incriminating evidence were disrupted by LE's rapid and thorough response. IOW his window of opportunity shrunk and disappeared. All he could do is hunker down like a trapped rat and hope LE wouldn't notice him.

Being a teen and probably a sociopath worked against him since he had no clue that what usually worked with mom and dad - lying in his bed, “distraught” - wouldn't pass muster with LE.

Pure speculation and MOO. I also agree with Gitana1 that had he gotten away with Jenise's murder he'd do it again.

:clap:

Perhaps his shoes did get stuck in the bog... And since it was so difficult to navigate that terrain... That is the reason why JW's clothes were left where they were...he was having trouble getting through the muck to complete a "better" plan...

:waitasec:

Just had a funny thought that directly relates to this. When I was about 15 myself and a friend were walking one summer along HWY 303 (Steele Creek is just off hwy 303) to another friend's house. We both had flip flops on and because hwy 303 is a pretty busy hwy, we were walking sort of down in the ditch, instead of right on the side of the highway. We came upon a murky, muddy area and thought nothing of it and just walked right through it. Or, we tried anyway. The mud sucked both her sandals right off her feet and one of mine. It was actually pretty funny but pulling our flips out of the mud was pretty disgusting. I don't know what mud is made out of in that part of Bremerton (industrial strength glue, I think) but it's really really messy. If this was the same kind of mud along Steele Creek (and I'm assuming it is) then GG's shoes are likely in the garbage somewhere.

Thank you for mentioning that again. Originally I read to that to say that they found a duffle bag, luggage AND some kind of shoulder strap but then realized they were just trying to describe the KIND of strap it was - something that would come from one of those items. So if I understand it correctly now, there was no bag there, just a strap on top of the wood pallet. It seems probable this is what he used to strangle her.

Why would LE assume the bag was nylon, black or a duffle bag then? I think there was a bag located there. JMO

Hi, matou. :wave: I agree with Ontario Mom and many other previous posters that this was very poor wording. And I think they meant that they found a black nylon strap on top of the wood pallet that probably matched either a duffle bag or luggage or computer bag (IIRC) which would have also been fabricated out of the same black nylon that the strap was made from. . . or maybe a set of all three. :cheerful: I think they put their "and/or" in the wrong place because it makes no sense where they inserted it. But, of course, :dunno: for sure!

What the hay???? I read the article earlier but just now I'm getting the same. Subscribe??????

O/T... The same happened to me...

Could that publication trace all the people from WS trying to read their articles?

and see they may have a "gold mine" of potential subscribers?

:dunno:

A lot of users are speculating and wondering about the clothing items that were NOT listed on the Probable Cause document. It's quite possible that they were found, but found AFTER the probable cause was created, during a followup search. I'd be really interested in learning what else was found afterwards.

Also, regarding the woods being the same "patch of woods" or not... a thought that may have been running through his head was the previous murder, and maybe if he dumps her in the woods and hits her with a rock it might be associated/misattributed.

Possibly. Although, Cassie Holden was murdered in 1988, years before any of those teens in that park were even born. We would have to assume they (or at least GG) knew about it and knew the details.

Why did Gabe need to be "mentored"? Why did he need "mentoring"? Where was his own father? What about his step-father? What about other males of importance, i.e. his older brothers? his coach? JMO

...All of whom seeming to have had good relationships with gg, no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381