Found Deceased WA - Karen Koep, and Davido, adults, car found Olympia, welfare check 13 Nov 2023 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@drewmikkelsenk5

UPDATE on the murdered Thurston Co. couple. According to newly released court documents, the suspect accused of killing Davido and Karen Koep was in the process of being evicted by the couple. Detectives said they were told the suspect had “mental health issues.”

5:02 PM · Nov 20, 2023

This is the Olympia garage where the alleged killer of Davido and Karen Keop lived. The man goes before a judge this afternoon.
https://twitter.com/drewmikkelsenk5/status/1726689817558421761/photo/1

CNN —
The suspect in the disappearance of a Washington couple who went missing from their home last week and may be dead was a tenant who was about to be evicted, the sister of the missing woman said Monday.

Karen Koep and her husband, Davido, have been missing for a week and the investigation into their disappearance continues. The sheriff’s office said in a Friday news release the couple is believed to be dead.

Thurston County Sheriff’s Office deputies have arrested Timothy Burke in connection to the case, Lt. Mike Brooks told CNN on Monday.

Burke worked at the couple’s rental property in exchange for housing and was about to be evicted, according to Koep’s sister, Pauline Dutton.

November 20, 2023

Nov 21, 2023 article - first picture I have seen of the man arrested.

[…]

A 45-year-old man accused of killing a missing Thurston County couple is being held in jail without bail.

Timothy Burke attended his preliminary appearance in Thurston County Superior Court on Monday. Deputies booked him into the county jail Friday on suspicion of first-degree murder and kidnapping.

[…]

If he changed his name almost 30 years ago, it's likely unrelated to anything in my opinion. I did note he was stated to own several rental properties as a landlord. I have a stepbrother that owned several small homes as rentals in Seattle 10 years ago and finally sold them all after various troubles with tenants including property damage and threats (after being notified of evictions). NOT saying the missing man had such troubles but it is likely something LE would look at.
JMO As someone pretty familiar with the Oly area, it has a LOT of the same issues as Seattle, and there are a lot of issues along those lines there.

"I know they'll eventually find it," Karen's sister, Pauline Dutton, told The Messenger on Wednesday about the area where their alleged killer, Timothy Burke, may have left the bodies.

She added: "It's just a matter of time."

Burke is accused of murdering the Koeps after police discovered a significant amount of blood at the couple's Lacey, Wash., home while performing a welfare check on Nov. 13.

While police have not found their bodies, Thurston County Deputy Prosecutor Jennifer Lord told a Washington court that the amount of blood found was "unsurvivable," leading to their conclusion that the couple had been killed.

"They were supposed to be with us for Thanksgiving," Dutton tells The Messenger of Karen and Davido.

"It's going to be a hard day, and I feel like my stomach will be in knots the whole time," she continued. "I just want it to be over with."

@drewmikkelsenk5

UPDATE on the murdered Thurston Co. couple. According to newly released court documents, the suspect accused of killing Davido and Karen Koep was in the process of being evicted by the couple. Detectives said they were told the suspect had “mental health issues.”

5:02 PM · Nov 20, 2023

This is the Olympia garage where the alleged killer of Davido and Karen Keop lived. The man goes before a judge this afternoon.

I’m not trying to find fault with the victims but just to understand the situation. Is this is a legit rental space? Do we know that?

OLYMPIA, Wash. — Officials found two bodies near Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) on Saturday, and believe the bodies are those of a Thurston County couple who went missing in November.

Deputies responded to reports of a body near Stedman Road Southeast on JBLM property on Saturday afternoon, according to a Thurston County Sheriff's Office news release.

During investigation, deputies and JBLM police located a second body.

Detectives arrived on scene and “sadly, we believe Davido and Karen Koep have been located based on the preliminary investigation,” according to the news release.

I'm saddened, but grateful at the same time. I wonder where he lived?

Court documents released Monday indicated the suspect was in the process of being evicted by the couple before they were reported missing. He lived on property near Joint Base Lewis-McChord.

Investigators learned from a witness that Davido (who had no legal last name) was getting ready to evict Burke, according to court documents obtained by Seattle CBS affiliate KIRO. Burke, who lived on an Olympia property that Davido owned, allegedly wrote “very negative” emails about him. For example, he claimed Davido put something in the water, authorities reportedly said.

A friend of the couple called Burke out during a hearing last month.

Investigators learned from a witness that Davido (who had no legal last name) was getting ready to evict Burke, according to court documents obtained by Seattle CBS affiliate KIRO. Burke, who lived on an Olympia property that Davido owned, allegedly wrote “very negative” emails about him. For example, he claimed Davido put something in the water, authorities reportedly said.

A friend of the couple called Burke out during a hearing last month.
I'm still confused about where exactly Burke lived. I thought I saw it reported as a boarding house owned by Koep earlier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back