Found Deceased WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, possibly went shopping, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also like to stress that Kassanndra lived in Parkland, which is the next town south of Tacoma. Unless she was taking transit to Federal Way, Seattle, etc. or really enjoyed Point Defiance enough to go 30+ mins out of her way, there's no reason for her to be in either of those places. I'm not convinced she was ever there on her own accord.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 17.40.09.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 17.40.09.png
    659.2 KB · Views: 37
They're searching at Point Defiance because thats where her phone last pinged.

There's no way she walked from the Tacoma Dome to Point Defiance. Zero chance. They're on opposite sides of town, and the easiest route has parts where you cannot walk safely (no sidewalks).

My thought is that somebody abandoned her car at the transit center because it would be removed fairly quickly if no one came back for it. And that same person may have chucked her phone in the woods of Pt. Defiance or into the water at Owen Beach (inside the park). Someone went through a lot of effort to confuse the police and searchers.

Thank you. The reason I asked is if she met someone, they would have had to have a way to get rid of her car and then get back to their ride. So they either walked, ubered, someone picked them up or caught a bus or train at the transit center, is that right? I'm not familiar with the area at all.

I would also like to stress that Kassanndra lived in Parkland, which is the next town south of Tacoma. Unless she was taking transit to Federal Way, Seattle, etc. or really enjoyed Point Defiance enough to go 30+ mins out of her way, there's no reason for her to be in either of those places. I'm not convinced she was ever there on her own accord.
RBBM
Agreed. I believe her mom has essentially said the same thing in interviews. I imagine we all know how this will turn out; the real question at this point is whether there will be justice for Kassanndra. :(

Her twin brother had the crazy idea that if they could raise money to offer as a reward leading to the arrest/conviction of anyone having anything to do with Kassanndra's disappearance they might get results. He was told not to, but some people believe money talks.

The reward he wanted to do is not if she's found alive it seems. I've seen countless rewards for the safe return of the victim that tragically go no where. Its heartbreaking he thought this type of reward was necessary, and it's for an arrest, and conviction. It shows deep in his heart he feels she may no longer be alive. :( Imo

Rewards of any type, whether it's for the safe return or for information leading to an arrest, and conviction of a suspect rarely produce any results even if the rewards are very high amounts of monies.

The only ones who would know what happened to her, and by whom would most likely be involved in someway making them ineligible for any reward.

The best the family, and LE can hope for is for someone or someones with intimate knowledge about the suspect or suspects, and her location is to call Crime Stoppers anonymously.

Many crimes have been solved this way rather than from rewards put out by families and/or LE where the person collecting it must come forward, and be known in order to claim these kind of rewards.

Praying she is found soon, and praying for all of her devastated family, and everyone affected.

Jmho

There's no way she walked from the Tacoma Dome to Point Defiance. Zero chance. They're on opposite sides of town, and the easiest route has parts where you cannot walk safely (no sidewalks).

My thought is that somebody abandoned her car at the transit center because it would be removed fairly quickly if no one came back for it. And that same person may have chucked her phone in the woods of Pt. Defiance or into the water at Owen Beach (inside the park). Someone went through a lot of effort to confuse the police and searchers.

Her car wasn't at the Transit Center/Freighthouse Square. It was underneath the 705 overpass, between the Frontier and the car wash.

Thank you. The reason I asked is if she met someone, they would have had to have a way to get rid of her car and then get back to their ride. So they either walked, ubered, someone picked them up or caught a bus or train at the transit center, is that right? I'm not familiar with the area at all.

It's true her car was found within a few blocks of multiple transit options. There is a Greyhound Station, an Amtrak station, a Sounder Train station (commuter train to Seattle), the local bus Pierce Transit has a major hub there, and the Link light rail system, which connects to downtown Tacoma. There is not a single bus ride that would get you from where her car was/or the bus depot directly. She would have to get on the Link light rail, take it into downtown, and take the 11 to the ferry dock at Point Defiance.

This adds to the confusion for those of us unfamiliar with the area:
Missing pregnant woman’s car found in Tacoma
From the same report:
"There were no clues for deputies until her vehicle was found overnight in a place her mother says she would never go. Her car was found on East 25th Street near the Tacoma Dome."

"Overnight on Friday into Saturday morning, Cantrell’s 2014 Mazda M3 sedan was found abandoned underneath the overpass to Highway 705, some 10 miles from where she lives with her mother and stepfather, but there was no sign of her.

Same location???

This picture I took on Saturday morning. I didn't know where her car was found until after I took these. It turns out this photo is just a couple feet west of where car was found. (just beyond the tree with something leaning against it.) FWIW

IMG_3050.JPG

This adds to the confusion for those of us unfamiliar with the area:
Missing pregnant woman’s car found in Tacoma
From the same report:
"There were no clues for deputies until her vehicle was found overnight in a place her mother says she would never go. Her car was found on East 25th Street near the Tacoma Dome."

"Overnight on Friday into Saturday morning, Cantrell’s 2014 Mazda M3 sedan was found abandoned underneath the overpass to Highway 705, some 10 miles from where she lives with her mother and stepfather, but there was no sign of her.

Same location???
Yes. Same location. I can show you some pictures I took on Saturday. If you click the image it's not sideways.

You can see the overpass here. Kassanndra's car was found just ahead of where that vehicle on the right side is parked.

IMG_3046.JPG

I feel so very sorry for the mom. She can barely speak. My heart is with her....
I wish the reporter had not asked her if she thought her daughter was deceased.......not the time imo.
The one thing that bothers me in these statements, and I always look for, is the tears. You can fake cry but it is much harder to fake tears. It sounds right, it looks right but there are no tears and I know if I were in that situation, my face would look like a tomato and I would have handfuls of tissues for the tears and snot. I also realize that everyone is different and we all express ourselves differently so there is that.

Yes. Same location. I can show you some pictures I took on Saturday. If you click the image it's not sideways.

You can see the overpass here. Kassanndra's car was found just ahead of where that vehicle on the right side is parked.

View attachment 262111

Thank you!

The one thing that bothers me in these statements, and I always look for, is the tears. You can fake cry but it is much harder to fake tears. It sounds right, it looks right but there are no tears and I know if I were in that situation, my face would look like a tomato and I would have handfuls of tissues for the tears and snot. I also realize that everyone is different and we all express ourselves differently so there is that.

Personally I don't shed a lot of tears when I cry, to me she looks distraught and exhausted.

You never know how long she's been crying :(

This!! Point defiance park has a 5 mile drive through, including over looks of the puget sound near cliffs, trails into the forest, etc etc. It would be easy to drive through and toss a phone out the window.

As far as being in the other side of the city, it really depends on the person. I drive across town all the time for something simple like metropolitan market. It was said she preferred a store that’s more in the university place area if I remembered correctly. I think her brother said the phone pinged in a location before the ping in point defiance. Wonder if the location was actually in the area of the store she liked, or on the way.

edit: her phone did not ping in the area on the way or around the side of town with her preferred store. It pinged in another part that is more on track to Tacoma Dome where the car was found.

This!! Point defiance park has a 5 mile drive through, including over looks of the puget sound near cliffs, trails into the forest, etc etc. It would be easy to drive through and toss a phone out the window.

As far as being in the other side of the city, it really depends on the person. I drive across town all the time for something simple like metropolitan market. It was said she preferred a store that’s more in the university place area if I remembered correctly. I think her brother said the phone pinged in a location before the ping in point defiance. Wonder if the location was actually in the area of the store she liked, or on the way.

edit: her phone did not ping in the area on the way or around the side of town with her preferred store. It pinged in another part that is more on track to Tacoma Dome where the car was found.

Five Mile Drive just reopened to cars last Monday. It's limited though, Monday through Friday from 10am to 2pm. I am more suspicious of her phone being thrown into the water from the ferry dock or the marina from a car. It's probably not too far off shore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734