Found Deceased WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, possibly went shopping, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying so hard to find a reasonable explanation why Kassanndra is missing and is ok somewhere, but I can't.
Missed the ultrasound, her phone is off, her mom states this is completely out of character, that she had no reason to be where her car was found, that her brother states it is now a criminal investigation, and that LE is being so quiet.
I do not see this as a random abduction, self harm, being lost, or accident. Unable to speculate anything other than what most of us suspect. :(

A lot of time passed from the supposed Tuesday meet up until she was reported missing. Silence from LE may been a good indication that they have someone on their radar. They aren't pleading for the publics help or doing pressers. Hopefully there will be a break in the case soon.

Since her mom said it seems like she was going to meet someone, I am having a hard time believing whoever that person was isn't involved or doesn't at least know something. I'm sure we can all speculate who she might have been going to meet.

The other option I guess would be she meets this person, everything is fine, goes grocery shopping after and is abducted from the grocery parking lot. But...I am finding that a lot harder to believe. I guess they could have ambushed her and pushed her into her own car and then driven off with her just to dump the car later but....I am having a harder time believing in this theory. MOO

The other option I guess would be she meets this person, everything is fine, goes grocery shopping after and is abducted from the grocery parking lot. But...I am finding that a lot harder to believe. I guess they could have ambushed her and pushed her into her own car and then driven off with her just to dump the car later but....I am having a harder time believing in this theory. MOO

I'm not one for coming up with a theory with so little to go on but I think she met him somewhere and her car was dropped off by someone at the location it was found. On the cases I choose to follow, the car seems to be ditched more often than not (I believe the same for Heather Elvis). I hope they pay attention to where the car seat was positioned, etc.

Her twin brother is stating her phone last pinged at Point Defiance Park in Tacoma. Not sure when or what time. Since COVID lockdown the road that runs through the park, called Five Mile Drive, has been closed to cars until this past Monday (8/24) when it re-opened for vehicle traffic from 9am to 2pm Monday through Friday only.

Point Defiance Park is heavily forested in areas, quite large, 760 acres, and includes the zoo, aquarium, beaches, a historic fort, rose gardens, and is surrounded by the Puget Sound on three sides.

It is a very popular place for people to walk, hangout, take pictures, contemplate life, be with nature, relax. It's also in the City of Tacoma. Point Defiance is about 36 minutes, or 20 miles from where Kassandra was last seen in Parkland.

I live in Parkland. If taking i5, I can directly take the Tacoma dome exit which puts you immediately where the was car was found (10 minutes). That block or blocks specifically is known for being sketchy. Around the corner is a new apartment building that had subsidized housing for students that I jumped at the chance for ... until I had to park and realize where it was.

It does strike odd that this is the second or third woman to go missing and have their car found within a mile of a very quiet part of the city.

TACOMA, Wash. – Friends, family, and community members gathered at Point Defiance Park on Sunday to search for any sign of Kassanndra Cantrell.

The 33-year-old woman went missing Tuesday morning after she left her family's house in Parkland around 8:30 a.m. Her mother, Marie Smith, says Cantrell had a doctor’s appointment for her first ultrasound on Wednesday and plans to go grocery shopping, but she didn’t have any money on her and her EBT card has not been used.

The group gathered at the park Sunday morning to see if they could find any evidence that Cantrell had been there. Police have not said if her phone or purse have been found.

Her mother says Cantrell’s cell phone last pinged off the south Vashon tower just before 1 p.m. on Tuesday before it was either turned off or died. Police told her the most logical location of the phone based off of the ping would be Point Defiance Park.

But her mother doesn’t believe she ever went to the park. Smith says her daughter would occasionally go to the park to walk her two Chihuahuas, but she left the dogs at home.

Other than to walk her dogs, she had no other reason to be in her park her mom says, and her car was found on the other end of town near the Tacoma Dome.

Her mom doesn’t believe Cantrell was ever there either. “That is not a place that she would ever be. It's just not, there’s no reason for her to be there. It’s not a safe area, she wouldn’t be there,” Smith said.

They are also looking to see if she boarded the nearby Sounders train.

video
Mother of missing Parkland woman: 'Please let her go'

Last edited:
I live in Parkland. If taking i5, I can directly take the Tacoma dome exit which puts you immediately where the was car was found (10 minutes). That block or blocks specifically is known for being sketchy. Around the corner is a new apartment building that had subsidized housing for students that I jumped at the chance for ... until I had to park and realize where it was.

It does strike odd that this is the second or third woman to go missing and have their car found within a mile of a very quiet part of the city.
Welcome to WS Maddy01

TACOMA, Wash. – Friends, family, and community members gathered at Point Defiance Park on Sunday to search for any sign of Kassanndra Cantrell.

The 33-year-old woman went missing Tuesday morning after she left her family's house in Parkland around 8:30 a.m. Her mother, Marie Smith, says Cantrell had a doctor’s appointment for her first ultrasound on Wednesday and plans to go grocery shopping, but she didn’t have any money on her and her EBT card has not been used.

The group gathered at the park Sunday morning to see if they could find any evidence that Cantrell had been there. Police have not said if her phone or purse have been found.

Her mother says Cantrell’s cell phone last pinged off the south Vashon tower just before 1 p.m. on Tuesday before it was either turned off or died. Police told her the most logical location of the phone based off of the ping would be Point Defiance Park.

But her mother doesn’t believe she ever went to the park. Smith says her daughter would occasionally go to the park to walk her two Chihuahuas, but she left the dogs at home.

Other than to walk her dogs, she had no other reason to be in her park her mom says, and her car was found on the other end of town near the Tacoma Dome.

Her mom doesn’t believe Cantrell was ever there either. “That is not a place that she would ever be. It's just not, there’s no reason for her to be there. It’s not a safe area, she wouldn’t be there,” Smith said.

video
Mother of missing Parkland woman: 'Please let her go'

I feel like this mother is very close to her daughter... and she knows her... but it’s also strange that she didn’t know who the baby’s father was or that it seemed to be a secret. I wonder how long they were together or how long the ex has been with his current woman? MOO all eyes on the baby’s father and his Gf. And thus baby wasn’t conceived THAT long ago....

I feel like this mother is very close to her daughter... and she knows her... but it’s also strange that she didn’t know who the baby’s father was or that it seemed to be a secret. I wonder how long they were together or how long the ex has been with his current woman? MOO all eyes on the baby’s father and his Gf. And thus baby wasn’t conceived THAT long ago....
It's probably easier to keep a secret during times of CoVid. People aren't/weren't going out on dates or visiting each other's home, for the most part, and especially back 16 or less weeks when baby would have been conceived. Plus, if her mom was not fond of the baby daddy, then makes sense KC would want to keep it secret. MOO

Welcome @Maddy01 . Praying she is found safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l