WA WA - Kent, UnsFem 13-24, UP9930, SK G Ridgeway Victim "B20", Aug'03 - Tammie Liles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could this be the year? Has she finally been identified?! Have any matching missing persons also been removed?

This is one of my pet cases, along with Lori Razpotnik, who was ID'd last month.
All of Ridgway's victims break my heart, but I think Opal was one of the ones that broke it most. All the young teens, really. Finding out Wendy Stephens was only fourteen was a gutpunch.

Could this be the year? Has she finally been identified?! Have any matching missing persons also been removed?

This is one of my pet cases, along with Lori Razpotnik, who was ID'd last month.
There were 2 UID profiles from Washington removed today and the resolved cases went up by 2. I am really hopeful she was indeed identified.
No public MP profiles that could match were removed recently.

All of Ridgway's victims break my heart, but I think Opal was one of the ones that broke it most. All the young teens, really. Finding out Wendy Stephens was only fourteen was a gutpunch.
One of the details that broke my heart the most was that he killed so many women that some of them even knew each other. I can find three examples, though reliable sources only indicate two connections:

1. Opal Mills and Cynthia Hinds reportedly knew each other and were friends.
2. Cheryl Wims's sister, Deborah Wims, disappeared in the 90s and is a suspected Ridgway victim.

Another one is that one of Ridgway's victims, Mary Bello, was removed from the Task Force list after she had reportedly been found safe in Texas. Fingerprints from the woman reportedly matched Mary's. That didn't stop her remains from being found soon after. IMO, she did go to Texas and later traveled back to Seattle, where she'd be murdered.

There were 2 UID profiles from Washington removed today and the resolved cases went up by 2. I am really hopeful she was indeed identified.
No public MP profiles that could match were removed recently.
Thanks! I'm curious about who the other WA Doe removed today was.

is she the last confirmed jane doe?
There is mention of a woman by the name of Michelle who is thought to possibly be a victim of Ridgeway. She was arrested for prostitution in December 1980 and this is the last police could find on her. Due to this, it’s believed she might’ve crossed paths with him and is deceased. Her full identity like name and DOB have never been confirmed as far as I’m aware. I can’t find her anywhere but she’s still mentioned in Wikipedia and other sources

There is mention of a woman by the name of Michelle who is thought to possibly be a victim of Ridgeway. She was arrested for prostitution in December 1980 and this is the last police could find on her. Due to this, it’s believed she might’ve crossed paths with him and is deceased. Her full identity like name and DOB have never been confirmed as far as I’m aware. I can’t find her anywhere but she’s still mentioned in Wikipedia and other sources

There are a number of women including Kelly McGinniss that he crossed paths with, or possibly crossed paths with, who haven't been found. The stretch of years, the high volume of victims, the pH of soul, the rugged terrain, and the activity of animals could all be factors. The fact that he buried a number of his victims rather than simply dumping them doesn't help.

B20 is currently the last known set of remains still to be identified. There is always the possibility further remains will be found in the future.

MOO

There are a number of women including Kelly McGinniss that he crossed paths with, or possibly crossed paths with, who haven't been found. The stretch of years, the high volume of victims, the pH of soul, the rugged terrain, and the activity of animals could all be factors. The fact that he buried a number of his victims rather than simply dumping them doesn't help.

B20 is currently the last known set of remains still to be identified. There is always the possibility further remains will be found in the future.

MOO
List of women who are suspected Ridgway victims. Number 9 is just MOO.
1.) Louise Sanders, disappeared February 15, 1981. Suspected due to being a sex worker.
2.) Diana Munyon, disappeared in May 1982. Suspected due to background.
3.) Linda Jackson, disappeared May 3, 1982. Suspected due to being a sex worker.
4.) Kasee Lee, disappeared August 28, 1982. Suspected due to being a sex worker.
5.) Kristi Vorak, disappeared October 31, 1982. Suspected due to being a runaway.
6.) Keli McGinness, disappeared June 28, 1983. Suspected due to being a sex worker.
7.) Patricia LeBlanc, disappeared August 12, 1983. Suspected due to being a runaway.
8.) Patricia Osborn, disappeared October 20, 1983. Suspected due to being a sex worker.
9.) Pollyanne Carter, disappeared October 29, 1984. This one is IMO, and I suspect Ridgway murdered her due to her possibly being a sex worker, and being a runaway. She fits the victim profile.
9.) Darci Warde, disappeared April 24, 1990. Suspected due to being a runaway.
10.) Deborah Wims, disappeared October 25, 1990. Suspected due to being a sex worker.
11.) Cora McGuirk, disappeared July 12, 1991. Suspected for unknown reasons.

List of women who are suspected Ridgway victims. Number 9 is just MOO.
1.) Louise Sanders, disappeared February 15, 1981. Suspected due to being a sex worker.
2.) Diana Munyon, disappeared in May 1982. Suspected due to background.
3.) Linda Jackson, disappeared May 3, 1982. Suspected due to being a sex worker.
4.) Kasee Lee, disappeared August 28, 1982. Suspected due to being a sex worker.
5.) Kristi Vorak, disappeared October 31, 1982. Suspected due to being a runaway.
6.) Keli McGinness, disappeared June 28, 1983. Suspected due to being a sex worker.
7.) Patricia LeBlanc, disappeared August 12, 1983. Suspected due to being a runaway.
8.) Patricia Osborn, disappeared October 20, 1983. Suspected due to being a sex worker.
9.) Pollyanne Carter, disappeared October 29, 1984. This one is IMO, and I suspect Ridgway murdered her due to her possibly being a sex worker, and being a runaway. She fits the victim profile.
9.) Darci Warde, disappeared April 24, 1990. Suspected due to being a runaway.
10.) Deborah Wims, disappeared October 25, 1990. Suspected due to being a sex worker.
11.) Cora McGuirk, disappeared July 12, 1991. Suspected for unknown reasons.
Ridgeway is believed to have confessed to Darci Warde’s murder. He claimed to have killed a young woman named “Darcy” or “Darci” in the late 1980s or early 1990s.

I'm going to look through most if not all, MP reports of women in WA. I'm going to look for factors that Ridgway's known victims had, like being a sex worker, in the known crime spree, and age. I'll post my findings in the Green River thread. I should be able to make educated guesses, as I extensively researched this case between July and October 2023, including reading up on every victim.

MOO
Ugh, that should have been pH of SOIL. I only just saw it hours later. Damn you, auto correct!

Identified as Tammie Liles

1705949015166.png

"In April 1985, the remains of two unidentified women were located near the Tualatin Golf Course in Tigard, Oregon. Both women were suspected to be victims of Gary Ridgeway. In 1988, using dental records, investigators were able to identify one of the women as Tammy Liles."
(...)
"In August 2023, Othram notified King County Sheriff's Office investigators that its in-house forensic genetic genealogy team had tentatively identified Bones 20 as Tammie Liles, who was first identified as a victim in 1988 through the match of dental records to the separate set of remains discovered in 1985."

Last edited:
Very complicated case. Multiple labs were unsuccessful in building a DNA profile and this stalled what ended up being very straightforward genetic genealogy.

I was a bit surprised that Bones 20 turned out to be the additional remains of an already identified Ridgeway victim. The fact that Angela Girdner was found lying beside Tammie makes me think Ridgeway killed her too (he never confessed btw).

RIP Tammie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back