GUILTY WA - Kimmie Daily, 16, South Hill, 17 Aug 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Attempting to pull into the vigil parking lot last night I could immediately feel the outpouring support of the community. It's a strange combination of being thankful for the sheer amount of people & support along with a deep sorrow at the reason for being there. Countless people were trying to get in only to make a circle inside the parking lot & find somewhere else down the road to park.

Earlier on I was not impressed when I read officer Blair's opinion that Kimmie was not victimized because of her disability. I found that to be untimely & potentially damaging.

It's worth mentioning the apparent scent problem a multitude of dogs were unable to track. Given the distance I think many of us are really questioning the accuracy or quality of search dogs in general &/or in this area.

When loved ones go missing it seems part of the biggest empty void is a method of organizing volunteer support. It would be nice to see an independent group dedicated & funded to support families while handling those who want to help.

Our thoughts are with Kimmie!

Very well put JVK

Glad you guys were there :)

Hi All,

Due to my own immediete family ties (not to dear Kimmie's family----but to the LE and Prosecutorial community here), I have been reminded to keep 'mum' here re: details, but just had to say how devastated I am for Kimmie, her family and for those who loved her. I have cried many, many tears (doing do now!) for this senseless violence and wish I could have attended the vigil. To Kimmie's heartbroken family and those who love and care about her (WS included)---Justice for Kimmie is a TOP PRIORITY in our sister jurisdictions here and indeed for the entire state LE/Prosecutorial team. We can't bring wonderful Kimmie back, but we CAN make sure her killer is punished to the full extent of the law. Again, I am just so, so sorry this was the terrible outcome of her disappearance. Prayers, hugs and love to all.
Please know that very, very good people are working this case like mad.

Hugs,
Rainy

All JMO....

I'm going to move this thread over to the Awaiting Trial forum.

Now, this is a memorial fund that I will gladly and prayerfully give.

I'm in Michigan, though, so how does one do this? Is there a paypal account set up?

Prayers to the Daily family, because I see Mr. Daily in so much pain it's unbearable for me and I don't even know him. He looks like a broken man and I hope that he will be alright.

I'm in Michigan, though, so how does one do this? Is there a paypal account set up?

Prayers to the Daily family, because I see Mr. Daily in so much pain it's unbearable for me and I don't even know him. He looks like a broken man and I hope that he will be alright.

I'm not sure about a paypal account. You might try calling the bank and asking them if it can be done over the phone.

I'm sure your own bank could do something like an electronic transfer to Columbia Bank here in Washington, which is where the memorial fund is set up. Banks are usually pretty good about doing this sort of thing for their customers. Just have donations sent to the "Kimmie Daily Memorial Fund." (That is how the news reports the exact name of the fund).

Kimmie's father caught Savage hanging around Kimmie last year and he warned her to be careful: :( :(

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/101449404.html

Thank you, JenniferO and TeenyTaurus, I have to go to the bank tomorrow, anyway, so I will ask my bank if they can help me. If my bank can't do anything, then I will call Mr. Daily's bank and ask them. Maybe I can send a money order if neither bank can do this.

I just got back from Kimmie's vigil. I didn't know her or the family, but decided to go anyway. It was beautiful. There was easily over 250 people there. (I'm not good at estimating large groups of people, but that's my guess. The school parking lot was overflowing. People had to park elsewhere and walk.) Lindsey Baum's family was there, as was Susan Cox-Powell's father.

I was doing fine until Kimmie's dad got there. Just one look at him made me break down. He spoke briefly, asking people to remember Kimmie as she was, and not like this (not what happened to her). But he mostly stood and just stared at her picture. I can't even imagine what he is going through. It was heartbreaking to even watch him.

Students from Kimmie's school also held another vigil, which should be starting right now.

I agree with you. I was semi-ok until Kimmie's dad showed up. I couldn't even look at him. It just broke my heart. He's such a broken man right now. Kimmie was his life :(

I was also disturbed at the locals reaction to Savage being the killer. They were in shock and couldn't believe it. Just shows you never really know anybody. A hard lesson learned.

Kimmie's dad may have had a feeling about this guy.....but he still didn't understand. How could he? :furious:

kimmie2.jpg

A visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday and Tuesday at Curnow Funeral Home and Cremation Service, 1410 Main St, Sumner.

The funeral is set for 11 a.m. Wednesday at Calvary Community Church, 15116 Gary St, Sumner.

A reception will follow the funeral at the church and then a graveside service will be held at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup.

To read Kimmie’s obituary or send condolences to her family, click HERE and look for her name in the right column.

Her family has also set up a fund to help pay for funeral expenses. Donations can be made to any Columbia Bank branch under the "Kimmie Daily Memorial Fund."

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2010/08/25/memorial-service-next-week-for-kimmie-daily/

"Dine out for the Daily's"

this Sunday at Sparks Firehouse and Deli in Puyallup. Sparks has said that 20% of all meals will be donated towards Kimmies Funeral Expenses.
Sparks Firehouse and Delis is located at 621 5th Street SW, Puyallup, WA
Please pass this on to all of your friends.

I think it's wonderful that all of these businesses and private citizens are coming together to try and help Kimmie's father through this horrific tragedy.

It restores my faith in humanity....

I think it's wonderful that all of these businesses and private citizens are coming together to try and help Kimmie's father through this horrific tragedy.

It restores my faith in humanity....

The thank you button just wasn't enough...

Hopefully enough will be raised to enable her Daddy to get grief counselling, it's pretty expensive for a counsellor but so worth it, also I wonder if there are any grief support groups in his area.

I went to both when my mom passed, I understand it isn't the same, but it was unexpected and she was only 49. It helped me tremendously...I pray for him to heal....they say time heals all wounds but emotional wounds are very very hard to heal, in my experience. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain he is going through...

Maloney's
Flower Shop has agreed to take donations towards a large casket spray
and other arrangements for Kimmie Daily's funeral. People can call
1-800-883-6280 or 253-845-8858 and donate any amount of money and it
will all be combined to get something wonderful for Kimmie. Please
pass this on to everyone you know!Maloney's Flowe...rs - 703 Meridian Street, Puyallup, WA 98374

The thank you button just wasn't enough...

Hopefully enough will be raised to enable her Daddy to get grief counselling, it's pretty expensive for a counsellor but so worth it, also I wonder if there are any grief support groups in his area.

I went to both when my mom passed, I understand it isn't the same, but it was unexpected and she was only 49. It helped me tremendously...I pray for him to heal....they say time heals all wounds but emotional wounds are very very hard to heal, in my experience. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain he is going through...

I believe Crime Victims Compensation will help the family with counseling services.

Flowers for Kimmie

Maloney’s Flower shop is accepting donations towards
flower arrangements for Kimmie Daily’s Funeral on Wednesday

We are hoping to raise enough money for a beautiful casket spray.
Flowers are expensive so this way it doesn’t matter
if you can only donate $1.00 – it will still count!

Maloney’s Flower Shop
703 Meridian Street North
Puyallup, WA 98371
253-845-8858
800-883-6280

Amici Italian Eatery Dinner Fundraiser

Thursday, September 2nd from 5pm - 8pm

20% of Dine In and Take Out Sales will be contributed to Kimmie's Memorial Fund at Columbia Bank.

Please come out and support a good cause.

Amici is located at 224th St in Graham (just off Meridian and only a few minutes outside Puyallup).

9807 224th Street East #100
Graham, WA 98338-5704
(253) 847-1500
www.iloveamici.com

LOCALS - It would be great if you can post these events on your own FB pages. The only one thus far requiring a flyer is Flying Tomato. You can save the link on that post, post it to your own FB profile then Tag all your local friends.

Wow. That is incredible. The community support is amazing. I need to move up there!

I so very much wish we lived closer. I really don't have time to cook at the moment with too many medical needs to be taken care of. So while I did cook some in preparation, it wasn't quite enough. My family would absolutely be going to all of the above for dinner and be thrilled to not be eating 12 variations of the same pasta.

That is unbelievable... I know my family that IS up there is going but there is only a few of them. I wish there was more up there.

I am glad that Kimmie's family has so much support...I am also glad to know she has a sister, because hopefully that will help her Dad a little bit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back