GUILTY WA - Kimmie Daily, 16, South Hill, 17 Aug 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm no fashion expert, but I've never seen a shirt that velcros over your shoulder. lol It looks like a vest to me. But I don't know, he could just have no fashion sense?

We can't see further down, if there was another strap around his waist we'd know for sure. It is a little odd that no media has mentioned it.

Yes, I like that one. I didn't realize that he had a bullet proof vest on. In the photo i posted, it looks like he's wearing one of those sweater twinsets.

He doesn't look scared, either. I see no remorse at all.

what a creep......they say he didnt lure her because she was disabled.....I bet the opposite was the truth......he lured her for that very reason!.....If so he is a despicable character.......yuk...just makes me sick......poor dear.......

another thing..if I was the other Tyler Savage with the same hometown on facebook, I;d be changing my profile.....I would not want to be mixed up for that scum....

My condolences to her poor family.......this is absolutely awful...

Looking at his pic makes me ill....he's just plain evil. :furious::furious:

This is the most horrifying case I've read about in a long time... and given some of the other atrocities that are posted about on here, that's really saying something. I teach high school and have a number of students like Kimmie who participate in the Special Olympics, and I can't imagine how outraged the community would be if something this horrible happened to one of them - the least able to defend themselves. There is no punishment awful enough for Savage.

"Lindquist says Kimberly Daily's father was not in the courtroom for the arraignment because he was distraught over his daughter's death."

http://www.mynorthwest.com/category.../No-bail-in-murder-of-disabled-Puyallup-girl/

This father and the Grandmother took a lie detector test this weekend, while the was most likely playing video games knowing what he
had done to Mr. Daily's daughter. :sick::furious: I hope Kimmie haunts him for the rest of his miserable life.

The vigil should be starting now. I wasn't able to attend.. it's my daughters 15 birthday and I chose to stay home instead.

We lit a candle here and said a prayer for Kimmie and her family

The vigil should be starting now. I wasn't able to attend.. it's my daughters 15 birthday and I chose to stay home instead.

We lit a candle here and said a prayer for Kimmie and her family

I just didn't have the heart to go. I feel so awful. I feel it would take away from the friends and family.

The video of him walking into and out of the court appearance:

http://www.kirotv.com/video/24748333/index.html

The news video of/after the court appearance...including his family after the hearing. Again, unless they come out and say something I object to...I have to feel some amount of sympathy for them as well. Can you imagine your family member committing a crime like this?

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/101411719.html?tab=video

Savage's family left without comment, but a family spokesman said they've never had any trouble with Tyler Savage and need some time to sort things out.

"We will find out what happened soon, all of us, and we can go from there,"
said Michael Von Gnatensky.

Savage is currently being held in the Pierce County Jail without bail. He has an interim court appearance scheduled for Sept. 30 and his trial is scheduled to begin on Oct. 12.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/101411719.html?

I don't think there will be a trial. As long as there isn't anything in the interrogations that can be argued by the defense. I think the best he can hope for is a plea to avoid the death penalty. Though I wouldn't mind the expense of taking him to trial just to give him the death penalty...if there is any chance a jury would give it to him. :twocents:

I just got back from Kimmie's vigil. I didn't know her or the family, but decided to go anyway. It was beautiful. There was easily over 250 people there. (I'm not good at estimating large groups of people, but that's my guess. The school parking lot was overflowing. People had to park elsewhere and walk.) Lindsey Baum's family was there, as was Susan Cox-Powell's father.

I was doing fine until Kimmie's dad got there. Just one look at him made me break down. He spoke briefly, asking people to remember Kimmie as she was, and not like this (not what happened to her). But he mostly stood and just stared at her picture. I can't even imagine what he is going through. It was heartbreaking to even watch him.

Students from Kimmie's school also held another vigil, which should be starting right now.

Oh no! I have been thinking about this girl today. I hate seeing that d*mned DECEASED next to a thread. :(

Bless you for going, Idaho! that poor family and poor Kimmie. Stuff like this gets to me and sometimes I just don't know what to say. I am glad you went and supported Kimmie's family.

Salem

0824tylersavagecourt.jpg

I am much more fond of this picture. :clap:

Frightening....yes.

But the fact that he needs a bullet proof vest... that people are angry enough... that reassures me about the attitude of society about people with disabilities. That Kimmie is just as important as any other child. :clap:

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Suspect-led-deputies-to-Puyallup-girls-body-101386734.html
He is wearing an anti-suicide vest, not a kevlar. (aka the 'Fred Flintstone vest')... So I gather he is on suicide watch for now. I do agree that there are probably many who would like to get to him right now though.. what a creep. I hope they give him the DP.

He is wearing an anti-suicide vest, not a kevlar. (aka the 'Fred Flintstone vest')... So I gather he is on suicide watch for now. I do agree that there are probably many who would like to get to him right now though.. what a creep. I hope they give him the DP.

A WHAT? Now granted, I quickly became afraid of the FBI showing up on my doorstep...so I didn't google for very long. But I couldn't find anything on this...except for terrorist things and halloween costumes. :waitasec:

Enlighten me, how is that thing supposed to keep you from killing yourself??? :waitasec:

I just got back from Kimmie's vigil. I didn't know her or the family, but decided to go anyway. It was beautiful. There was easily over 250 people there. (I'm not good at estimating large groups of people, but that's my guess. The school parking lot was overflowing. People had to park elsewhere and walk.) Lindsey Baum's family was there, as was Susan Cox-Powell's father.

I was doing fine until Kimmie's dad got there. Just one look at him made me break down. He spoke briefly, asking people to remember Kimmie as she was, and not like this (not what happened to her). But he mostly stood and just stared at her picture. I can't even imagine what he is going through. It was heartbreaking to even watch him.

Students from Kimmie's school also held another vigil, which should be starting right now.

Thank you so much for going! Like I said up thread, I couldn't make it.
Chuck Cox (Susans dad) was with us yesterday when we met with the family. He was such a huge help. I love that man!
And Cecil (Kimmies dad) such a sweet loving father.. I really worry about him. He's already frail and Kimmie was his whole life. He's raised her alone since she was 6 months old. He loved her so much.

Darn.. tears are flowing again.

I'll share a couple of pictures that someone sent me via text message (so they aren't the best quality--sorry)
photo08242058.jpg

photo08242100.jpg

A WHAT? Now granted, I quickly became afraid of the FBI showing up on my doorstep...so I didn't google for very long. But I couldn't find anything on this...except for terrorist things and halloween costumes. :waitasec:

Enlighten me, how is that thing supposed to keep you from killing yourself??? :waitasec:

All clothes are taken away..all they get to wear is this velcro vest and rubber flip flops. They can't hang themselves with this vest.. It is also padded so they can't injure themselves by body slamming against hard surfaces (although they usually take them off and do it anyway if suicidal and then get moved to the padded room).. New commits w/ serious crimes who are facing serious penalties often are placed in suicide watch initially, and especially if they are acting erratically. The wide, short straps can't be used for a noose. No undies, no socks..no shoelaces.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-suicide_smock

My first close experience with a child with serious special needs, was a girl with Spinal Muscular Atrophy in Junior High. After helping when the teachers dropped her moving her out of the school...I met her Dad later that day and asked him about her.

I found out that he was a single Dad, that her Mom had simply left because of their daughter's disability. (This was incomprehensible to me.) I actually ended up spending a lot of time with them and helped him with her for two years.

I immediately thought of them and smiled, when my daughter was born with Down syndrome.

I have always had a soft spot for single Dad's who raise their kid's by themselves. But, especially when the child has special needs. So many guys convince their wife to have an abortion or give a child up for adoption because of a disability, then leave if she keeps the baby.

Then you have single men like Kimmie's father who simply adore their little girls. Just like it should be.

I hope that he can find some way to go on with life. Some way to still feel like he is contributing and honoring Kimmie...through Special Olympics.... or advocating in some way.

I don't know though, if he will be able to.

Thank you so much for going! Like I said up thread, I couldn't make it.
Chuck Cox (Susans dad) was with us yesterday when we met with the family. He was such a huge help. I love that man!
And Cecil (Kimmies dad) such a sweet loving father.. I really worry about him. He's already frail and Kimmie was his whole life. He's raised her alone since she was 6 months old. He loved her so much.

Darn.. tears are flowing again.

This perp will be a target for the duration... The worst of the worse..a child rapist and murderer..and of a disabled child , will ensure this guy will be in prison hell of the worst kind.

RIP Kimmie. :rose:
I am so sad for her family. My thoughts are with them.

According to KIRO 7 11pm news:

Tyler's parents were at the vigil tonight.

Tyler told detectives that he had fantasized about raping and killing a woman.

They talked about both candlelight vigils and there was still people at the school one.

They interviewed Lindsey's mother and Susan's father.

A neighbor went around and took down all of the missing posters so the family wouldn't have to see them. (Why do I have a funny feeling that may have been someone on WS???)

There was probably more but I was crying so I might have missed it.

Attempting to pull into the vigil parking lot last night I could immediately feel the outpouring support of the community. It's a strange combination of being thankful for the sheer amount of people & support along with a deep sorrow at the reason for being there. Countless people were trying to get in only to make a circle inside the parking lot & find somewhere else down the road to park.

Earlier on I was not impressed when I read officer Blair's opinion that Kimmie was not victimized because of her disability. I found that to be untimely & potentially damaging.

It's worth mentioning the apparent scent problem a multitude of dogs were unable to track. Given the distance I think many of us are really questioning the accuracy or quality of search dogs in general &/or in this area.

When loved ones go missing it seems part of the biggest empty void is a method of organizing volunteer support. It would be nice to see an independent group dedicated & funded to support families while handling those who want to help.

Our thoughts are with Kimmie!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back