WA WA - Leah Lund (found), 16, & newborn Hazel, Everett, 10 Sept 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think a baby born addicted can die of the dehydration involved with kicking though.

Heroin detox sucks but is not life-threatening. The only substances that can kill people during withdrawal are benzodiazepines and alcohol.

Just a bit of info on the heroin problem in Snohomish County, FWIW:

Snohomish County heroin deaths called ‘epidemic’

EVERETT — Heroin deaths reached epidemic levels from 2011 through 2013 in Snohomish County, which accounted for nearly one in five of the state's heroin fatalities, officials say.
The findings were included in a Snohomish Health District report released Tuesday, which said the rate of heroin deaths per 100,000 people exceeded the statewide figure.
“Snohomish County is facing an epidemic of drug overdoses,” says the report's executive summary.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20150127/NEWS01/150129068

Does anyone know whether they can force her to do a GYN exam if they suspect she did indeed give birth?

I can only hope and pray she gave the baby to a good person who will care for her. :candle:

I have the same question. MSM says Leah was last seen on Sep 2, a week before the projected birthdate. I haven't read about any subsequent sightings of Leah or baby.

The thought of a drug addicted 16 yo giving birth to a drug addicted baby without medical assistance is so sad and frightening. I know that in hospital births, the staff will manage the baby's withdrawal safely and help keep baby comfortable. I'm not sure what happens without that treatment. Can a newborn die during detox if it's not managed properly? Anyone know?

I'm sorry to sound grim. I truly want for the baby to be alive and healthy as possible, and for both of them to be off the streets and safe. I just don't know what's going to happen.

Holding out hope.

My gut feeling, based on stories from colleges and high schools, is the baby didn't survive the birth or died soon after, either from negligence, complications, or illness. Especially if she didn't know she was pregnant before she went into labor.

I don't know, but I hope not.

I was just wondering how that would work. I am just curious how they would handle this if they wanted to charge her. No matter what, I hope this young lady gets the help she needs.

I was just wondering how that would work. I am just curious how they would handle this if they wanted to charge her. No matter what, I hope this young lady gets the help she needs.

Me too.

Maybe they could have her talk to a social worker to help her, because if she gave birth she should be examined for her own health anyway.

Does anyone know whether they can force her to do a GYN exam if they suspect she did indeed give birth?

I'm pretty sure she can be force to an exam.
Whether they can confirm a live birth, not too sure. But we do have a name.
Where are you baby Hazel?!

Glad that Leah is physically okay. I hope she can help them find baby Hazel.

I wasn't going to share, but I am a recovering heroin addict and my heart breaks for Leah and for her baby. I cannot imagine being 16 and dealing with the things she's had to deal with.

Bless your brave heart, helpful. Bravo. "Recovering" is a wonderful word. My father was an alcoholic, and he was recovering every day of his life after he stopped drinking. One day at a time. "Give us this day our daily bread..." This day -- not tomorrow and the next, but this day.

And I hope Leah has been seen by a doctor to make sure she is okay after going through childbirth and to make sure she can find a good solid path for recovery that would include loving and supporting friends and relatives around her. Hoping she knows where her newborn is and that she is in good medical hands and surrounded with patience and lots of love and comfort. She -- and Baby Hazel -- have long, tuff roads to travel.

Bless your brave heart, helpful. Bravo. "Recovering" is a wonderful word. My father was an alcoholic, and he was recovering every day of his life after he stopped drinking. One day at a time. "Give us this day our daily bread..." This day -- not tomorrow and the next, but this day.

And I hope Leah has been seen by a doctor to make sure she is okay after going through childbirth and to make sure she can find a good solid path for recovery that would include loving and supporting friends and relatives around her. Hoping she knows where her newborn is and that she is in good medical hands and surrounded with patience and lots of love and comfort. She -- and Baby Hazel -- have long, tuff roads to travel.
It is, honestly, a choice that I make daily. Thank you for pointing out the parallel in the Lord's Prayer - sometimes it's easy to feel alone.

I know the road Leah needs to walk down, and it isn't a pleasant one. I hope her baby is found.

I'm pretty sure she can be force to an exam.
Whether they can confirm a live birth, not too sure. But we do have a name.
Where are you baby Hazel?!

When you give birth to a stillborn baby, your recovery is exactly the same as for a live birth. Your milk, cruelly, comes in at the same time. The effect on your lady bits is the same. I know from experience. I doubt they could tell if it was a livebirth from a physical exam.

But I don't think they could force an exam. You always have the right to say no to medical intervention. At least, I really freakin' hope you do.

So they found Leah....and there was a baby but they can't find her? And Leah hasn't been charged with child endangerment? The article makes it read like she doesn't know where the baby is.

????

Seems like there are big pieces of the story missing.

So they found Leah....and there was a baby but they can't find her? And Leah hasn't been charged with child endangerment? The article makes it read like she doesn't know where the baby is.

????

Seems like there are big pieces of the story missing.

???? is right. I still haven't figured out who reported her missing, where and how she reappeared, or how they arrived at the possible birth dates.

My gut feeling, based on stories from colleges and high schools, is the baby didn't survive the birth or died soon after, either from negligence, complications, or illness. Especially if she didn't know she was pregnant before she went into labor.

Makes sense...

When you give birth to a stillborn baby, your recovery is exactly the same as for a live birth. Your milk, cruelly, comes in at the same time. The effect on your lady bits is the same. I know from experience. I doubt they could tell if it was a livebirth from a physical exam.

But I don't think they could force an exam. You always have the right to say no to medical intervention. At least, I really freakin' hope you do.

Oh, the body can be cruel that way.
search warrant.

If police go through the proper procedures to obtain a search warrant that authorize a body cavity search, the search will be presumed legal.

When a court considers whether to issue a warrant that authorizes a body cavity search, the judge typically weighs:

The reasonableness of invading a suspect’s body to search for evidence of a crime, and*The state’s interest in obtaining evidence of the crime.

Because body cavity searches are so invasive, the government is typically required to prove that it has a very high interest in obtaining evidence of the crime.

Even when police have obtained a warrant to conduct a body cavity search, some federal courts have found that body cavity searches are unreasonable if there are less invasive means of finding that evidence.

https://newyorklegaldefense.com/when-can-police-conduct-body-cavity-searches/

I would like to believe that the police would get a cavity search warrant since they need "confirmation" that she has given birth. A newborns life is at stake. It's not about Leah anymore.

Oh, the body can be cruel that way.
search warrant.

If police go through the proper procedures to obtain a search warrant that authorize a body cavity search, the search will be presumed legal.

When a court considers whether to issue a warrant that authorizes a body cavity search, the judge typically weighs:

The reasonableness of invading a suspect’s body to search for evidence of a crime, and*The state’s interest in obtaining evidence of the crime.

Because body cavity searches are so invasive, the government is typically required to prove that it has a very high interest in obtaining evidence of the crime.

Even when police have obtained a warrant to conduct a body cavity search, some federal courts have found that body cavity searches are unreasonable if there are less invasive means of finding that evidence.

https://newyorklegaldefense.com/when-can-police-conduct-body-cavity-searches/

BBM I would think blood tests for hormone levels could determine if she was postpartum.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75
Back