WA WA - Lena Lang, 35, Olympic NP, Crescent Lake 27 MAY 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

doublestop

Reaction score
A 35-year old woman is missing after entering Crescent Lake in Olympic National Park on a unicorn-shaped flotation device. NPS and the Coast Guard are searching.

NPS Investigative Services Branch

61269426_1017478455116969_340471811424649216_n.jpg

Scary

NPS Investigative Services Branch
Can you help find a missing person in Olympic National Park?

US Park Rangers of Olympic National Park are searching for a missing 35 year old woman. The search began on Monday, May 27 after a 911 call at 5:45 p.m. The missing woman entered the water at Lake Crescent with a personal inflatable raft.

Rangers immediately searched by boat and with the assistance of the U.S. Navy, which conducted an aerial search operation. Rangers worked well into the night on the SAR effort and resumed the search by boat at 6:00 a.m. today, May 28.

The National Park Service enlisted the assistance of the U.S. Coast Guard on Tuesday to continue aerial observations. NPS resources are being utilized on the SAR for both water and land searches. Additional resources are being contacted out of Mason County and Kitsap County for assistance.

A hasty search found no evidence of the woman in the area of Lake Crescent.

The park asks anyone who visited the shores of Lake Crescent from Barnes Point to Fairholm on Monday, May 27 between the hours of noon and 6:00 p.m. and observed the use of a "white unicorn personal inflatable raft" to please contact them. Information from other visitors and boaters is often extremely valuable during searches. You don't have to tell us who you are, but please tell us what you know: go.usa.gov/xPd8J⁣
⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣☎️ CALL or TEXT the ISB Tip Line 888-653-0009⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣ ONLINE www.nps.gov/ISB and click “Submit a Tip”⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣ EMAIL nps_isb@nps.gov⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣ EMERGENCY dial 9-1-1⁣⁣
⁣⁣
[Image description: NPS file photo of a sign at Lake Crescent in Olympic National Park.]

ISB: the Investigative Services Branch of the National Park Service

See also: www.facebook.com/OlympicNPS/posts/2204164216304370

#Missing #NPS #OlympicNationalPark #USParkRanger

The float should be easy to spot since it should, er, float. Just realised this story is from two days ago and am surprised they haven't found any sign of her. It is a huge lake though.

My 9 year old daughter just spotted me reading this and asked what happened and if the lady has died. I said we didn't know yet, and she replied "well... if I had to choose a way to die, it would be floating away on a unicorn"

The float should be easy to spot since it should, er, float. Just realised this story is from two days ago and am surprised they haven't found any sign of her. It is a huge lake though.

My 9 year old daughter just spotted me reading this and asked what happened and if the lady has died. I said we didn't know yet, and she replied "well... if I had to choose a way to die, it would be floating away on a unicorn"

EXACTLY what I needed to lighten my day right about now. THANK YOU. And thank your daughter.

How does the NPS know the age of the missing woman unless its an estimate based on eye witness accounts. If the NPS does know her age or not they should have a brief description of her or at least her race. I hope the woman left some personal items on the beach which might help identify her.

How does the NPS know the age of the missing woman unless its an estimate based on eye witness accounts. If the NPS does know her age or not they should have a brief description of her or at least her race. I hope the woman left some personal items on the beach which might help identify her.

She was there with her friend. They reported her name, but no description of her for some reason.

Lena Lang of Federal Way was at the lake with a friend but has not been seen since late afternoon Monday, said Patte Danisiewicz, secretary to the superintendent.

The search and rescue operation began after a 9-1-1 call at 5:54 p.m. Monday reporting that Lang was missing.

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/news/search-underway-for-missing-woman-at-lake-crescent/

so is the unicorn floaty thing also missing? The article above says there is no evidence of the woman at the lake, which sounds to me like maybe they are not even sure she was ever there?

Authorities search for missing woman at Olympic National Park

But this article ^ says things a tiny bit differently:

They're also asking anyone who saw Lena Lang -- or an inflatable unicorn raft -- in or around Lake Crescent between noon and 6 p.m. Monday (Memorial Day) to call or text the Olympic National Park Investigative Tip Line at (888) 653-0009.

This article is looking for anyone who saw her or the raft.

I hope this woman is safe, wow...

I am not familiar with the park or body of water. Is this an especially tame body of water or something? It doesn't seem like anyone here is really concerned for her well being, so I assume that the water poses no risk.

I am not familiar with the park or body of water. Is this an especially tame body of water or something? It doesn't seem like anyone here is really concerned for her well being, so I assume that the water poses no risk.

I've read some FB posts which suggests the water is always cold and was pretty choppy on the day Lena went missing, many people were wearing life-jackets.

I think it's likely she has somehow ended up in the water and succumbed to the cold. Or, preferably, she's managed to get to land and is disorientated.

A bit more about the lake below - it's about 12 miles long and covers over 5000 acres. It is known for being exceptionally clear, so hopefully that will help searchers.

Lake Crescent - Wikipedia

Last summer I bought one for the pool. It was a , just like all of the other novelty floats. These things aren’t meant to be used anywhere besides pools, no matter what the product description says. I always used to buy novelty floats like doughnuts, unicorns, pizza, alpacas, etc bc my stepdaughter get a kick out of taking pics on them in the pool. This year I told my husband I’m only buying real floats bc the novelty ones are such a waste of money. They deflate quick AF.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82
Back