WA WA - Lena Lang, 35, Olympic NP, Crescent Lake 27 MAY 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Delete - inappropriate. May she be recovered soon.

Last edited:
I couldn’t find this thread with her name added. I was hoping it was over in the located forum. It’s strange how little info is available.

This is a picture of Lena. She’s one of my coworkers. We haven’t heard anything either
Wow. Sorry to hear about Lena. Very confused about this. Is the general thought that she is “lost at sea” in the lake? Also, thanks for providing a photo of Lena! It helps to put a face to a name. Wishing the best for her & hoping for her safe return!

Any locals familiar with this lake? Is it dangerous in any way or calm? Are there little islands in it? Is it relatively big? Is swimming popular there?
Thanks! It is confusing. We don't know but in my opinion, no evidence of a floatie means she could've made it to shore. The area around is heavily forested. It's a fairly long and skinny lake but its glacier water so its very cold, and deep. Water is very clear, not sure how calm

Any locals familiar with this lake? Is it dangerous in any way or calm? Are there little islands in it? Is it relatively big? Is swimming popular there?

I haven't been there in years but know that in the past, it was (is?) a popular spot for fishing, boating, swimming. But it's a very cold, deep lake so I'd be surprised if many people were swimming in it at this time of year. It's about 12 miles long.

Lake Crescent - Wikipedia

There is a popular local story about a missing woman who was found in the lake. She was called Lady of the Lake. Lady of the Lake - HistoryLink.org

This article says she entered the lake at mile post 225. Here's a Google Street View of that location:

Daqi6RI.jpg

Here is a link to the spot on the map if you want to "drive" around and check it out for yourself: Google Maps

As you can see, there's no beach there, no parking lot, no park or any other real reason to stop there. I wonder why she and the friend chose this location. It's about 2.5 hours from Federal Way, where she lives, to this spot at the lake. There are many lakes and beaches much closer to Federal Way. I wish there was more information from the friend she was with about why they were so far away and why they chose this (to me) unusual spot to stop and get in the water.

This article says she entered the lake at mile post 225. Here's a Google Street View of that location:

Daqi6RI.jpg

Here is a link to the spot on the map if you want to "drive" around and check it out for yourself: Google Maps

As you can see, there's no beach there, no parking lot, no park or any other real reason to stop there. I wonder why she and the friend chose this location. It's about 2.5 hours from Federal Way, where she lives, to this spot at the lake. There are many lakes and beaches much closer to Federal Way. I wish there was more information from the friend she was with about why they were so far away and why they chose this (to me) unusual spot to stop and get in the water.
Great minds and all! I just posted the view of the water from this spot. I agree it's an odd place to stop. There are other places along the lake with actual parking.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NatSC
Back