WA WA - Lena Lang, 35, Olympic NP, Crescent Lake 27 MAY 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was up at the lake a week or so ago walking the railroad trail on the opposite shore from the highway. There are NO decent swimming spots accessible from the road on the highway side. You can pull off 101 in several places but it's all sharp rocks in those spots. The lake is very big, VERY deep, and very cold. One of the most beautiful spots on earth, but it is not a peaceful place with a happy aura, especially on the 101 side.

Brave people swim in it? Devil's Punchbowl is very popular. We waded at some of the beaches as kids. I wade just off the trail at a nice spot.

Israel Keyes possibly put two victims in there. Articles linked previously in this thread detail the length and unusual circumstances it takes for the lake to give up its dead.

Very very sad.

Brave people swim in it? Devil's Punchbowl is very popular. We waded at some of the beaches as kids. I wade just off the trail at a nice spot.

Israel Keyes possibly put two victims in there. Articles linked previously in this thread detail the length and unusual circumstances it takes for the lake to give up its dead.

Very very sad.
Devils Punchbull is a fairly sheltered area. She was out on open water. I've never seen anyone swimming in the open water there on my many visits growing up. Water is SO cold where it is deep (DP is more shallow) and they get pretty good waves out there when the wind picks up.

On the comments of sonar not detecting a body "so she must be elsewhere"- I am from a very small town with a very small lake without much depth. A few summers ago, a man committed suicide in the lake and left a note- Sonar and divers never found him. A fisherman finally did when he washed up a few months later. Just like cadaver dogs, polygraphs and other tools- sometimes they aren't accurate. I hope she is found soon and would love it if she's safe and sound. But IMO she could still be there and can't be located with technology. So sad. I think we're slowly learning our lesson with floats in open water as well- so scary.

On the comments of sonar not detecting a body "so she must be elsewhere"- I am from a very small town with a very small lake without much depth. A few summers ago, a man committed suicide in the lake and left a note- Sonar and divers never found him. A fisherman finally did when he washed up a few months later. Just like cadaver dogs, polygraphs and other tools- sometimes they aren't accurate. I hope she is found soon and would love it if she's safe and sound. But IMO she could still be there and can't be located with technology. So sad. I think we're slowly learning our lesson with floats in open water as well- so scary.
Investigative tools are just that--tools. They all can assist in a missing investigation, but there are so many variables that they aren't 100% effective. Drones and searches can also be added to the list of tools. Using multiple tools can increase the odds of finding someone.

ETA: I'm so glad Lena's family is trying to increase the awareness about Lena being missing. I hope that someday she will be found, and can be returned to her family.

I followed at the start but have some catching up to do.
Have they found the floatie? Tia

@dyannaON , the unicorn float was removed from the lake. The person who removed the float from the lake is being sought by the NPS, as posted by @Kathy023:

NPS Investigative Services Branch

There were more details about the float being removed from the lake in FB comments, but I don't recall any more details were written about the float removal by MSM or LE. The person who removed the float has never been publicly identified by anyone, nor has the reason the float was removed been revealed.

Bumping for Lena & her family. She was reported missing 10 months ago, 5:45PM May 28, 2019. Neither she, nor the unicorn floatie, nor the person who retrieved the floatie, have been located. I hope there is a break in this case soon.

It's all very strange. If she's still in that lake she should have surfaced by now. I'm deeply suspicious about the whole story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill
Back