WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When these photos are released, why aren't there captions that explain the location? The public knows what she looks like. :cry: poor Lindsey.

Normcar, I played around with the photo also. Couldn't really offer much that hasn't been said (except there is dust on the chair...lol). I was trying to figure out the Office Depot label and what it was on, thought it's a box lid.
Definitely could not make out what was in the wall picture or the desktop pile.

Where is this pic from? Michaela's MySpace?
Link? via PM? Anyone?

Thanks for toying with the photo AR, I do believe that the "dust on the chair" is a metaphor for the direction of this photo :rolleyes: I appreciate your efforts, though. Who knows what may inspire the big "ah ha!" so we all trudge onward.

I believe the photo was posted on Michaela's new MySpace if I am recalling Jen's post correctly. In any event, the photo itself is well worth it just for showing the spirit of this little child. I hope that one day we will all see an updated "thumbs up" photo from her as she begins to use the new "back to school" supplies that her mom purchased for her this month.

When these photos are released, why aren't there captions that explain the location? The public knows what she looks like. :cry: poor Lindsey.

Hi Concentric, It's probably because it was found on MK's MS. She could have even taken the photo pf Lindsey, we don't know. ;}

Yep. Normcar, when a case is this cold we kinda look to the details closely. I do love the picture though. What a typical kid pic, not overly posed, just natural. Makes you smile.

btw, I can't find the MySpace. But I'm guessing that is the best pic from there.

Amanda, I can't post the link because it's a minor. But if you search myspace for her first name (k, not m) and last name you will find it.

Does anyone recognize the "badge" just above the left pocket on Lindsey's jacket? Or can anyone read it?

I'm wondering if it came on the jacket or if it was applied later (perhaps as an iron-on) to denote belonging to some activity. I guess it isn't Girl Scouts but -- has anyone seen anything similar to this?

Also I think the walls in the two photos suggest they were taken in different places. The wall in the photo of Lindsey seems to be drywall (home office?) while the wall of the LE person photo appears to be a cubicle.

Also, the desk seems to consist of a board placed across a couple of two-drawer file cabinets (we can see one of the cabinets), which also suggests a home office.

Thanks very much for your work with the photos, Normcar.

On that new Myspace of MK's, does anyone else think that photo 11 (with the stick figures), is highly inappropriate?

I worry about that whole town full of kids now.

On that new Myspace of MK's, does anyone else think that photo 11 (with the stick figures), is highly inappropriate?

I worry about that whole town full of kids now.

Considering that's the Profile Avatar of KK's son, ya, I think it's inappropriate. But I think THE WHOLE CASE is inappropriate!

:banghead::furious:

Where is Lindsey?

xoxo
HMM

It appears that the web sleuthing community has gained some notoriety according to CBG, the author of this particular article. Interesting reading, imo, even though she is clearly not a fan. However, she does input a story from her own life of an ongoing stalking that may or may not relate in some way to LB and her friends in the town of McCleary. The idea of kids keeping things quiet and not sharing with an adult because of the group dynamic may well be something to consider.

PS - note at the end of the story that we and another group are credited :clap::clap: ...er, :boohoo:..er, ... whatever, they say even bad publicity is...etc, etc,

ARTICLE
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1948216/lindsey_baum_and_the_intersection_of.html?cat=2

Not sure if a link has been posted to this article but I have not seen one so decided to share it since things are slow. It may inspire some movement or further thought.

Considering that's the Profile Avatar of KK's son, ya, I think it's inappropriate. But I think THE WHOLE CASE is inappropriate!

:banghead::furious:

Where is Lindsey?

xoxo
HMM

Ya, no kidding, that little animation seems to be making the rounds in the extended "K" family myspace pages, as well as friends.

It appears that the web sleuthing community has gained some notoriety according to CBG, the author of this particular article. Interesting reading, imo, even though she is clearly not a fan. However, she does input a story from her own life of an ongoing stalking that may or may not relate in some way to LB and her friends in the town of McCleary. The idea of kids keeping things quiet and not sharing with an adult because of the group dynamic may well be something to consider.

PS - note at the end of the story that we and another group are credited :clap::clap: ...er, :boohoo:..er, ... whatever, they say even bad publicity is...etc, etc,

ARTICLE
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1948216/lindsey_baum_and_the_intersection_of.html?cat=2

Not sure if a link has been posted to this article but I have not seen one so decided to share it since things are slow. It may inspire some movement or further thought.
~~~
Thanks for the link Norm,

The above article by CBG is interesting to me in more ways than one. First, she seems to be aware of some specific details about Lindsey's case (beyond the facts reported in the media). Plus, CBG also seems to be quite sympathetic to the feelings of MB, JB, KK, and MK - and the public scrutiny they've endured.

Next, consider this: CBG and KK are both writers at Associated Content. KK uses the penname MomWhoWrites (link to one of KK's articles below). Perhaps they have been in contact with each other?

Furthermore, we already know about the rich network of underage myspace friends who apparently have quite a bit of freedom from parental supervision. Any one of them could have useful information about Lindsey's disappearance. Maybe the tide will change... instead of cowering in fear, one of the peeps might step forward and become a hero instead.

On page 2 of her article here, KK also mentions our site by name:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1943900/lindsey_baum_still_missing_the_search.html?cat=48

~~~

The above article by CBG is interesting to me in more ways than one. First, she seems to be aware of some specific details about Lindsey's case (beyond the facts reported in the media). Plus, CBG also seems to be quite sympathetic to the feelings of MB, JB, KK, and MK - and the public scrutiny they've endured.

Next, consider this: CBG and KK are both writers at Associated Content. KK uses the penname MomWhoWrites (link to one of KK's articles below). Perhaps they have been in contact with each other?

Furthermore, we already know about the rich network of underage myspace friends who apparently have quite a bit of freedom from parental supervision. Any one of them could have useful information about Lindsey's disappearance. Maybe the tide will change... instead of cowering in fear, one of the peeps might step forward and become a hero instead.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1943900/lindsey_baum_still_missing_the_search.html?cat=48

Thank you Corallaroc and Norman for bringing the attention to these articles. There is so much truth in what you say of the rich network these children and teens are using. I would definitely consider someone that might have a little bit of information about LB, a hero. They would also be helping out a friend, to come home and be united with her family friends. I believe that she would go out of her way, to help her friends, because that was the type of person she was. She is very loving, caring person that loves to smile and laugh with all she meets. I think some times kids don't realize what information they might have or know that could help find LB. It kind of reminds me of the book Twilight where the fella saves Bella.

more pictures of Lindsey and info on how the Laura Recovery Center is trying to help set up a search center for Lindsey are on this MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/missingchildren7304

Hello Boondock I noticed there on Laura Recovery Center that there is another picture of her wearing this outfit. I don't know how to place pics on here as of yet, but if you go to link above it has it there. In that picture it kind of reminds me of a vehical there looks to be some colored pictures in the back seat . There also looks to be a long sort of bag not sure what this is..

~~~

Thanks for that link to KK's article. I was actually quite positively surprised at her reference to the sleuthing communities, seeming to indicate that we are actually offering some useful energy, unlike CBG who clearly had nothing positive to say about us.

PS - hopefully one or two of McCleary's youth will bust away from what you skillfully term the rich network of underage myspace friends who apparently have quite a bit of freedom from parental supervision.

I did notice KK's MomWhoWrites credit and have actually checked out a few of her other writings, some related to her ongoing desire to be a writer and remain at home. One article related to ways of coming up with new ideas to write about. Clearly this tragedy will give her a good deal to write about in the near future (I am not implying anything with that statement. Sometimes tragedy proffers positive after-effects...just the way it goes sometimes).

Thank you Corallaroc and Norman for bringing the attention to these articles. There is so much truth in what you say of the rich network these children and teens are using. I would definitely consider someone that might have a little bit of information about LB, a hero. They would also be helping out a friend, to come home and be united with her family friends. I believe that she would go out of her way, to help her friends, because that was the type of person she was. She is very loving, caring person that loves to smile and laugh with all she meets. I think some times kids don't realize what information they might have or know that could help find LB. It kind of reminds me of the book Twilight where the fella saves Bella.

Respecting your statement above: It kind of reminds me of the book Twilight where the fella saves Bella.

Maybe there is a young "hero" out there who is reading these comments and who will break away and share? That would surely be fine, indeed. :crazy::clap:

FYI - link to some of KK's MomWhoWrites topics, which are quite diverse and imo indicate that she may genuinely wish to be a successful writer, has had this desire for quite some time. She appears to have worked on a number of different topics prior to stumbling on LB's cause in an unfortunate maze of horror and personal tragedy. And, at the moment I believe that she is honestly doing her best to help MB and family with what she knows best, writing and sharing:

MOO (for now)

http://www.infobarrel.com/Users/MomWhoWrites

However, one article I'd love her to compose would be something to the effect of "Keeping track of your child's direction on MySpace and other friends forums." Maybe investigating such a topic might help to keep things in focus at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member