WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm; Eyes in my mind this is the key, they would be comfortable in a place known to them. It makes sense that this would have been the place she was moved from. That abandoned house that we saw photos of really hit me hard. I don't remember now how far that was from the other dwellings? Was all this fairly spread out?

Hi Knox - I certainly can't rule out the once POI on that property. Guess I have a profile in my mind of who did this crime and DG is about as far from that profile as he can be. My profile puts the guy older (around 40+), far more intelligent, and no where near as sloppy as DG. Yet, he can't be r/o. And I agree, that abandoned house was creepy...to the nth degree. Nothing like feeling safe on your very own private property is there? mho

Hi Knox - I certainly can't rule out the once POI on that property. Guess I have a profile in my mind of who did this crime and DG is about as far from that profile as he can be. My profile puts the guy older (around 40+), far more intelligent, and no where near as sloppy as DG. Yet, he can't be r/o. And I agree, that abandoned house was creepy...to the nth degree. Nothing like feeling safe on your very own private property is there? mho

Hi Eyes, Yes, the light is quite dim in my apt tonight, but aside from my setting, reading your post I felt a chill run up my spine and the hairs on my head started to prickle!

I guess if I were profiling him he wouldn't be the big and strident logger, but rather an older guy who is normally quite passive and gentle, well educated and somewhat spiritual in nature. Unsure of his passions, maybe married and with honorable distinction with his peers, he is overcome by the opportunity to have her by his side and what results in her trying to stop him is her death, which in his normal state of mind devistates him constantly, to this day

xox.

Hi Eyes, Yes, the light is quite dim in my apt tonight, but aside from my setting, reading your post I felt a chill run up my spine and the hairs on my head started to prickle!

I guess if I were profiling him he wouldn't be the big and strident logger, but rather an older guy who is normally quite passive and gentle, well educated and somewhat spiritual in nature. Unsure of his passions, maybe married and with honorable distinction with his peers, he is overcome by the opportunity to have her by his side and what results in her trying to stop him is her death, which in his normal state of mind devistates him constantly, to this day

xox.

So romantic sounding scandi, turn up your lights lol - in reality I think this guy is nothing but a pedophile, a low life, bottom feeding slug. His normal state of mind is that Lindsey got what she had coming to her...after all I'm sure he thinks 10yo Lindsey flirted with him, thereby, seducing him into such behavior.

I'm sure he can be passive and gentle when he needs to be - when it puts little vulnerable girls at his feet. Maybe he even has a puppy to show everyone how caring he is. Intellectual - I would say he intellectualizes as a defense, a necessary one, because otherwise, everyone would question what the hell he is thinking. As far as being married - if he is, I would say he hasn't had a single night of marital bliss. As far as being educated - well...it had to have been tough for him. All those strange thoughts and obsessions with no place to put them...maybe that's where the spirituality comes in. see you tomorrow scandi..sleep well!

I don't know where to post my specific thoughts since it singles out one individual...

well the last few posts have really hit the nail on the head if you ask me. i think we all have our suspicions of different members of the community. and then again, if you try hard enough, im sure you can connect just about everyone in town to something in this case. none the less, im sure this guy/girl/team will slip up eventually. lets just hope sooner than later! we need to bring Lindsey home!

So romantic sounding scandi, turn up your lights lol - in reality I think this guy is nothing but a pedophile, a low life, bottom feeding slug. His normal state of mind is that Lindsey got what she had coming to her...after all I'm sure he thinks 10yo Lindsey flirted with him, thereby, seducing him into such behavior.

I'm sure he can be passive and gentle when he needs to be - when it puts little vulnerable girls at his feet. Maybe he even has a puppy to show everyone how caring he is. Intellectual - I would say he intellectualizes as a defense, a necessary one, because otherwise, everyone would question what the hell he is thinking. As far as being married - if he is, I would say he hasn't had a single night of marital bliss. As far as being educated - well...it had to have been tough for him. All those strange thoughts and obsessions with no place to put them...maybe that's where the spirituality comes in. see you tomorrow scandi..sleep well!

LOL Morning Eyes, I also think he is a pedo. But was thinking he fits more the profile of a pyro who sets fires, a somewhat placid guy who is not usually confrontive and then afterwards is often there at the scene, interjectng himself into the case and even maybe going to vigils and searches. It is just a thought and you did make some great points. Trying to expand my horizons. ;}

I also have a hard time pulling myself away from the feeling he is the former POI who had assistance from a relative. Like the officer said in that article, it might be exagerated to think the former POI is not involved, or
SS.

I don't know where to post my specific thoughts since it singles out one individual...

Maybe on the Profile thread describing him and what he is like but not using initials unless he has already been mentioned in the media. That way we can try and fiigure him out. Plus why you think he could be the one.

I'm all ears ;}

Maybe we should put these ideas in the "Profile of an abuductor" thread as we are moving towards forward thinking we now realize this perp is hiding behind the mask of being liked and part of the community and most likely has talked to MB and others. As Tuba said, "Why such resistance from the town"? Maybe figuring why this would be would lead us to him. These are just thoughts and ideas that might apply.

Melissa D. McCann is a realtor at Prudential Grays Harbor. She owns the Elma Dollar Store that Lindsey assisted at according to the online forums. Her boyfriend is Mark D. Duncan, a realtor at Keller-Williams Olympia.
There was a previous forum that mentioned a white or silver van seen by witnesses, but I cannot locate it. I think there is a white van driving around with the elma dollar store writing on it. Has anyone else seen the witness statements about cars to watch for?

I had a dream about Lindsey that had a van in it..odd
Thanks for your post and Welcome to Websleuth's...:)

Searches every weekend now through the end of November RAIN OR SHINE (The only thing that will be stopping us is when the snow starts)

Searches this past weekend.. nothing new to report. Low turn out but I think it was because people are assuming we aren't going to search in the rain. We are devoted and a little (or a lot) of rain isn't going to stop any of us. Many of our core team members spent the weekend out there searching to make up for the lack of volunteers.

Hunting Season is upon us..
We are asking all hunters in the area to keep an eye out for anything they might come across. If any of you hunt or have family that do in this area please tell them to keep an eye out for what Lindsey was last wearing (light weight bluish gray shirt with long sleeves and a hood, dark blue jeans with ripped knees and black slip on shoes). If anyone finds anything they think needs to be looked into please call

Grays Harbor Police operations center at 800-281-6944

Grays Harbor County Information Hot-line (Tip line) (866) 915-8299

Grays Harbor County E911 Dispatch Center (360) 533-8765 (out of county)

McCleary Police (360) 495-3107

Searches this past weekend.. nothing new to report. Low turn out but I think it was because people are assuming we aren't going to search in the rain. We are devoted and a little (or a lot) of rain isn't going to stop any of us. Many of our core team members spent the weekend out there searching to make up for the lack of volunteers.

I thought about Lindsey all weekend and would have come if I could. Rain or shine. I will continue to join the searches when I can. If I was closer to you guys, I'd be there every weekend.

just wanted to tell you all that you are amazing! i challenge you all to come out next weekend for the searches. when searchers dont come out, mb starts to feel the loss of hope. lets not let her down!

im off to class. ill bbl! have a great day!

Re my last post.

Things have changed. We will not be searching for the next few weeks. We will resume once hunting season is over.

Re my last post.

Things have changed. We will not be searching for the next few weeks. We will resume once hunting season is over.

Is this because of safety concerns for the searchers while the hunters are out there?

Thurston Public Utility District 360-357-8783, and possibly Washington Water Service Company 253-851-3422 have small water systems outside of McCleary. Maybe they could search their properties as well as whoever does electric and phone service nearby.

For concerns about vacant and for sale houses, some realtors need to swipe their card on the newer lock boxes to get the key inside. That leaves an electronic record....

I wish there was more searching we could do around town and avoid the hunters.

I vote we cancel hunting season, and ask all would-be hunters to search for Lindsey, instead.
k020.gif

c065.gif

I vote we cancel hunting season, and ask all would-be hunters to search for Lindsey, instead.
k020.gif

c065.gif

Maybe the hunters will be a blessing in disguise. Maybe one of them will come across something suspicious. Now all we have to do is educate them about the situation so they know to be on the look-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand