WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of someone claiming to know where LB is, please read all the comments on this news article involving bosscat and bosscat2 (the original is paraphrased by another comment-er because it had been removed.)
http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_092509WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-KS.1b5660aae.html

Bosscat, the brand, is a maker of snow sleds. It isn't a far fetch to jump to ATV and other rec vehicles. It is in my opinion that people take screen names that have a personal meaning and connection to them.

I kept the quote in question, but I'm not sure if I can post that here. So I won't.

If you do a little sleuthing on this poster (Bosscat2), it's pretty easy to come up with a local that uses that name.

I have a silly question to ask.. maybe my brain is fried but how did HO follow a trail to Beck Street if the sent was faded when the SAR dogs searched. How did he end up out on beck street..

I have a silly question to ask.. maybe my brain is fried but how did HO follow a trail to Beck Street if the sent was faded when the SAR dogs searched. How did he end up out on beck street..

Hardly silly at all - I think that's a great question. LE has never referenced this person with dogs, and the person soliciting the information is unknown. So for me, that's enough to ignore it. Maybe it's someone's opinion. mho

If you do a little sleuthing on this poster (Bosscat2), it's pretty easy to come up with a local that uses that name.

Boon, I found the name you were talking about. Do you realize his address is just down from DG's place? Maybe this guy knows something after all. Interesting. Nice find!

Boon, I found the name you were talking about. Do you realize his address is just down from DG's place? Maybe this guy knows something after all. Interesting. Nice find!

Well, then. I'm glad I mentioned the comment(s).

lol yes Rose, it takes us all. Good job too! :woohoo:

And speaking of taking us all - will someone please report it to LE. They probably already know, but I would feel much better if someone made sure they know, kwim?

Thanks!

Salem

I did some research on dog tracking with these questions in mind. When they say a scent is fading, it doesn't necessarily mean it is fading to gone. It just means it is weakened. Scents stick around longer the less urban the setting. Rain doesn't matter. Rain can help. And a person can be tracked from a car. A scent blows out the air vents.

It is actually a very amazing talent dogs have. I had no idea they can track a smell from a scent tube that is underwater, for example.

If what he said might be interesting to LE, I'd love to read it!

I would post his comment here. But I thought it was against the rules to post a quote outside of a link. And the comment has been removed online.

Oh, and cyberswept, no thanks needed, I'm just glad to post things that might contribute. I debated saying anything, but decided you just never know what leads to what and perhaps it is better to just say it.

I would post his comment here. But I thought it was against the rules to post a quote outside of a link. And the comment has been removed online.

Oh, and cyberswept, no thanks needed, I'm just glad to post things that might contribute. I debated saying anything, but decided you just never know what leads to what and perhaps it is better to just say it.

Yes nice call Rose. No clue is too small in my book. You never know where it's going to come from. No you can't post that quote I believe.

I did some research on dog tracking with these questions in mind. When they say a scent is fading, it doesn't necessarily mean it is fading to gone. It just means it is weakened. Scents stick around longer the less urban the setting. Rain doesn't matter. Rain can help. And a person can be tracked from a car. A scent blows out the air vents.

It is actually a very amazing talent dogs have. I had no idea they can track a smell from a scent tube that is underwater, for example.

Thank you for explaining that. I was having a hard time trying to understanding how he got such a distance from where the other dogs went. Kind of made me wonder why the other dogs didn't follow this trail as his dog did. Which that too didn't make sense to me. I never realized that the scent would stick around longer in urban areas and the rain helps. Just out of curiosity how long would a scent last. I guess that would depend on the weather and whether there was rain to help with the scent. So guess my next question would be, did they take the dogs out again to see if they could of followed this scent, so that they could get a more exact location. I would of thought since it was stated that the the wind was blowing south that they would took the dogs in that direction to find locale. Instead of waiting all this time to come forth. Just thoughts coming to mind.

z7shysterical.gif

Anyone interested, go to the article from the link I posted yesterday, go to page 2 of the comments and 'Listenhere' paraphrases the original comment from Bosscat. At least that is something.

Hi Knox, No, I haven't seen that photo. I don't have a link to MB's MS. xox

PS: From your question on the Dream thread.

No Scandi, it was TG's myspace account I was referring to.

Can someone PM me who Bosscat is and what link to a comment we are talking about?

I never realized that the scent would stick around longer in urban areas and the rain helps.

No, the less urban the area. :) So the more traffic, pollution, etc, the less likely you can find a scent or an older scent. There are some good FAQs out there on tracker dogs. Even on HO's site.

However, LE says they didn't get anything, or there are conflicting reports. And unconfirmed reports. So, in the end, I don't know.

RoseWhite,

Could you paraphrase the comment? I don't think that's against TOS. If I'm mistaken, can a Mod please let us know/clarify?

Thanks,
Soulscape

ok....i want to know what everyone is talking about......LOL.....all i got is a bunch of ebay carp when i tried to sleuth bosscat2.....maybe im just frustrated cause i just spent two hours with the cranky hubby and kids at costco....but can someone please spell it out :)

is the clue at ebay....?

oh.....

hello friends! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads