WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes

Police arrest man suspected of half-naked attack on Kent teen

Kent police have arrested a man suspected of being half-naked and grabbing a teenage student on a bike trail last week.

Police say the man in his 20s was arrested on Saturday and is incarcerated pending review and charges by the King County Prosecutor's Office for Child Molestation and Indecent Liberties.

[snip]

Kent detectives say other teens have now come forward to report bizarre encounters with a man exposing himself in the same wooded area.

Police say the suspect had been seen in various stages of nudity on or near the trail by several witnesses since August of 2009

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Poli...-79767292.html

~~~

Brought this post forward so it would be clearer which incidents are being referred to.

ChuckMaureen, Thanks for the hint on how to find the suspect listed with Child Molestation, Indecent Exposure and other charges on 12/19. You're right about his physical description not being similar to the one(s) described in the Olympia lurings, I agree.

So far, one common denominator seems to be bold and desperately stupid criminal acts of perps at the end of their ropes. For some of these sickos, their desire to get caught eventually becomes overwhelming.

Wish they would just turn themselves in, confess to their crimes, and go take a nap in their cells at least until the end of time. ugh

What we need now is an update from GHC about their efforts to find Lindsey! I feel confident the investigation is not at a standstill, I just wish they could tell us something!!!

What we need now is an update from GHC about their efforts to find Lindsey! I feel confident the investigation is not at a standstill, I just wish they could tell us something!!!

Does anyone believe LE is pursuing valid, solid leads? To be quite direct, I think LE is as lost on this case as are we. They might have theories, but nothing more. I hope I am wrong. If LE does 'know' what occurred then it might be a situation they are unable to immediately 'resolve', i.e.: trafficking.

IIRC a post in the forensic astrology thread indicated something would be revealed on 12/16/2009.

Well?

Well what?
Do you think if a development occurred on 12/16 LE is going to announce it?
I think we're all frustrated, the case has been discussed forwards and backwards and still no resolution. So many are working hard to find the truth which will bring Lindsey home. Let's have faith that LE is making progress.

Well what?
Do you think if a development occurred on 12/16 LE is going to announce it?
I think we're all frustrated, the case has been discussed forwards and backwards and still no resolution. So many are working hard to find the truth which will bring Lindsey home. Let's have faith that LE is making progress.

Hi, Knox,

Do you believe the FA prediction of a revelation on 12.16 occurred but we are not privy to it because LE is keeping it close to the cuff?

There is no evidence to the contrary is there?

Just heard on the morning news that the FBI is coming to McCleary next month to "check on the status" of the case. Not sure what that's all about. They could simply pick up the phone and find out with one call. I think there's a bit more up their sleeves, and this could be the break we have been hoping for. Maybe they have a new plan they believe will break the case. Too bad they don't show up once a month and help find Lindsey. It's funny, when I previously mentioned that I felt LE had given up, folks didn't agree. But judging by the more recent posts, it seems others are beginning to feel the same way. Part of the reason I think they put Lindsey's case on a back burner is because I rarely hear or read anything in the papers or on the news from LE. I can think of a LOT of other missing kids that were constantly on the news for months and even years after they vanished. I guess a few things matter in how LE keeps missing children in the spotlight. MB isn't wealthy or famous or a government official. McCleary is a very small town. McCleary doesn't have its own TV stations. McCleary only has 4 cops to cover all shifts, 24/7. I could go on, but you get the point. I just think in my own opinion that Lindsey's case is NOT getting the attention it deserves. I truly feel that if LE really had a couple detectives working on the case and assigned to work on nothing else but to crack the case, I believe she would have been found by now. Just saying "we're working on it" isn't enough. Rest assured if Lindsey was the daughter of a Mayor or Police Chief or someone else from Seattle or Tacoma, this case would have had non-stop world-wide media attention and would have 5-10 detectives working on it 24/7. But no. In Lindsey's case, if/when you phone in a tip, you don't even get so much as a simple thank you or acknowledgment about your tip, and they never keep search leaders updated on how they are progressing (or not) on the case. This lack of appreciation makes folks not want to provide tips. And why can't GHCSO or McCleary PD or even neighboring LE put together a reward fund to help boost the reward up to an amount that might bring in more tips? Small towns where half the people are related to each other in some way or another have too many people who won't squeal on a family member for a mere $10,000. But by golly you can bet if they knew they could fetch $50-100,000 they would snitch out their husband or dad or brother or cousin, etc, in a heartbeat!

This case just irritates the heck out of me! :banghead: :furious:

Not because of any searchers, and certainly not because volunteers are not doing enough to find Lindsey. But only because I don't feel she is getting the attention she deserves, the media attention that might help folks outside McCleary have Lindsey's picture fresh in the minds and more likely to be on the lookout for her. I don't feel LE is doing enough. And the reward fund is a joke!

Okay, I have no doubts someone will pick this post to shreds and say I'm trippin. Oh well. It's for this reason that I rarely post anymore.
:truce::HBwhiteflag:

There is no evidence to the contrary is there?

Some might claim there is 'circumstantial evidence':
  • No additional non-sealed search warrants have been issued
  • No call to stop searches
  • No press conferences
  • No arrest
It's difficult to prove a negative but, the silence is deafening...

You're good at expressing your opinion CM. I also think you enjoy a good debate ...
Thank you for outlining your very specific reasoning.

respectfully snipped from the post above by Hairball:

"Just heard on the morning news that the FBI is coming to McCleary next month to "check on the status" of the case."

Thank you, Hairball, for sharing your thoughts in your post earlier. I don't mean to ignore some of the valid points you made, but it's the above news item that really got my attention. Do you recall which station carried it?

That's a nice little piece of gum :gum: to chew on from now until then... because I don't ever recall a case where the FBI announced a pre-arranged visit somewhere during an investigation. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a Very Positive step ahead toward finding Lindsey!

Unfortunately my temptation to be more transparent & blunt about this case will probably only result in burning (edit: non-existent) bridges.

I don't recall which new channel it was, but I believe 4 or 5. I always flip through 4, 5, 7, & 13 so I can get different versions of stories. I'm looking for in now and will post a link when I find it.

Unfortunately my temptation to be more transparent & blunt about this case will probably only result in burning (edit: non-existent) bridges.

Just because someone works with a team, and perhaps one or more other members of that team might not be up to snuff in fulfilling their assigned roles should not prevent that someone from commenting.

.. are those 'bridges' more important than opinions that might help push forward a stalled investigation?

There was a search warrant executed at a derelict house a while back. Does anyone remember when or where I could find it? I searched for it, but couldn't find it. Thanks.

There was a search warrant executed at a derelict house a while back. Does anyone remember when or where I could find it? I searched for it, but couldn't find it. Thanks.

Do you mean the property that Dale Golders parents own?
Search Warrants Sept. 25th, 2009 Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

POI - Dale Golder - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

POI - Dale Golder #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And here is the text of the affidavit
Search Warrants Sept. 25th, 2009 Discussion - Page 16 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This is video that I recorded off of TV on December 22nd, 2009...

Okay, sorry about the poor video. It's a bit shaky and has my lamp reflecting off the TV, but at least I got it. It's NOT what they said on this morning's news about FBI agents going to McCleary next month, but it's the most I could get for you all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdOoxZycezo

Sure, this newscast most likely won't help the case much, but it's a start.

People not giving up hope on finding Lindsey Baum
by DEAN STALEY / KING 5 News
Posted on December 22, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Video

MCCLEARY, Wash. - Almost six months since her disappearance, people in a Grays Harbor County are not giving up on finding Lindsey Baum.

The story has faded from the headlines, but it is fresh in the minds of people closest to the 11-year-old girl.

This holiday, the only thing the people of McCleary, Wash. want is Lindsey home safe.

In the six short blocks walking home from a friend's house, Lindsey Baum disappeared and searches of the surrounding woods turned up nothing.

Police has asked the public for help, but no one has come forward with anything that might lead them to her.

Police hoped that she had run away and would return soon, but Lindsey's mother feared from the beginning that someone had taken her.

The little girl missed 4th of July and her birthday. Summer turned to fall, which now has turned to winter, and still no sign of Lindsey.

If you have any information that may help in the search for Lindsey, please call police. Authorities have followed up on more than 1200 leads so far.

Keep the faith Jvk. Sometimes in life things don't materialize as we expect on a timely basis. It has to be there is wonderful Karma working on behalf of Lindsey and that gives great grace to LE, and the powers that be.

If I didn't believe that in my heart I would be very unsettled. I believe that there is great integrity with those investigating Lindsey's casa. God Bless the FBI and the GH Sheriff's Dept. I give them a thumbs up in their work of finding her. They will. I hold that faith in my heart for Lindsey.

I am off for a little bit as my baby sister passed early Sunday morning. She was only 54, the youngest of the 6 of us. I am here in spirit but now of course dedicated to my family which needs all the love I can give to them. It is such a difficult realization to accept the fact she is gone from us. Out of the blue it seems, as tho time didn't even have it's way to run like a river to the sea, as Alan Parsons sang it would. See you soon, xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay