WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
scandi, as far as reading search warrants.. JVK and I aren't the only ones that were denied access to read them.

I've had two others submit the proper paperwork to get to the search warrants and they've been denied. The Prosecutor is holding them tight for whatever reason.

scandi, as far as reading search warrants.. JVK and I aren't the only ones that were denied access to read them.

I've had two others submit the proper paperwork to get to the search warrants and they've been denied. The Prosecutor is holding them tight for whatever reason.

Might a judge / pa apply more lenient criteria in reviewing requests for SWs when a child is involved?

The denials might be due to the SWs were granted based on minimal (read: almost non-existent) evidence and simply are fishing expeditions?

SWs are as much an exonerating process as they are a discovery process so I might agree with /bending/ the law (only as suggested above) to expedite in this case ... ?

We are planning on resuming searches this coming weekend.

Saturday January 2nd and 3rd. 9 am to 4pm.

I wanted clarify my use of the word 'hit'

The handler did not give his dog Lindsey's scent.

I'd directed him (per instruction) to the area to be searched. I was with him @ the beginning of the search & trailed for a little while.

I was not with him when his dog found (what turned out to be) animal remains. It sounds like it wasn't much. I do not know the exact location. Upon description it sounds to be ~100-200 yards from HO's 2 tags. It's possible that's what HO's dog(s) were alerting to.

Indirectly i'd heard the (2nd volunteer) handler state that dogs cannot tell the difference between animal & human decay scent. The 2nd handler had 2 dogs but never used the 2nd. IIRC the 2nd dog was an actual scent tracking dog. Each served a separate purpose.

My prior post was purely from memory. Upon reference i was reminded at least one of HO's tags did not exclusively say 'death but &/or also 'stress'

I was reading through the old DG threads and I noticed someone mentioned that his profile on a social site said he was a "proud parent," which as far as anybody knows isn't true.

After the stalker was outside Lindsey's relative's home, at least one of the potential matches marked his profile "proud parent," but there was no indication he had children.

It got me to wondering if that's some kind of code for something more sinister? Probably just jumping to conclusions on that...but it did seem weird.

candle_rose_peach379x418.jpg

For Lindsey. Lest we forget.

Still waiting on an official response to records requests.

I believe it's somewhere between being rejected & the shredder.

jenn.....did they give a reason to why they wouldnt let you have the info on the SW?

jvk....how long has it been? since you asked for the record info?....i wonder if it would help to ask someone for the media to ask for them to be released?

:)

I'm not online much these days, but I think about and pray for you all every day, and your unwavering fight to find Lindsey. Not a day goes by that i do not think about, cry for and pray for Lindsey and you all.

Keep up the good fight folks, and please come home Lindsey!

Still waiting on an official response to records requests.

I believe it's somewhere between being rejected & the shredder.

Thanks Jvk for your your baring the odds of denial and going forward with the written request. I anticipate a positive response. They know you care about Lindsey and her case, to learn about what really happened to her that last night she was seen.

How many people really fight for someone like this in real life? Not many my friend. I only hope they look down from their high appointed places to see you represent a myriad of people who would all give of their hearts for her, this young lady who was so quickly snatched from her world as she lived it. I hope they think of these things when they make their decision.

If not Jvk, please ask for the judges directive sealing the warrants. I can write to Coldcaseman, our local poster who is a retired GHS Detective, and see what thoughts he has about the matter. I see he checks in regularly to read up on Lindsey's case but can not comment because he is so close to the LE working on her case. xox

Hi Jennifer and Thanks, It must be as the case grew in the public eye they have tightened up the way they normally operate in such matters. I called them about the time of the fire at the Straddleline Park. Allot in the case has gone on since then, last July.

I never did call the Prosecutor's office as I promised to do, so will make that call tomoz morning before I head out the door. One thing I know is the P's office itself can not make an arbitrary decision on a public matter. Nopey Nope, that has to be a judicial decision of record. xox

Slightly O/T, but not really.

I am getting ready to start a thread on the sex offender laws that we had talked about before. I will post the full referrendum from Dylan's Law, and maybe we (anyone that is interested) can talk about making changes and whatnot. We can also talk about the process of getting a law made, fundraising, meeting with lawmakers, etc.

Should I start the thread in here? Or in the main missing forum? My thinking is that maybe it should be here, for now? Since any laws will be done on a state level. And most people in here would be working on it for Washington. Of course I wouldn't want to exclude any other states from getting started, too.

And something else, before this gets going, I just want to say that we all need to go about this calmly. There are tons of children, including Lindsey, who have affected all of us. And emotions run very high when it comes to this subject. In my opinion, but from experience, I know that if we don't take this slowly, think about EVERYTHING, and do it properly, it will all be a waste. Again.

Now I'm way off of the main point...where should I start the thread? Any suggestions :)

Slightly O/T, but not really.

I am getting ready to start a thread on the sex offender laws that we had talked about before. I will post the full referrendum from Dylan's Law, and maybe we (anyone that is interested) can talk about making changes and whatnot. We can also talk about the process of getting a law made, fundraising, meeting with lawmakers, etc.

Should I start the thread in here? Or in the main missing forum? My thinking is that maybe it should be here, for now? Since any laws will be done on a state level. And most people in here would be working on it for Washington. Of course I wouldn't want to exclude any other states from getting started, too.

And something else, before this gets going, I just want to say that we all need to go about this calmly. There are tons of children, including Lindsey, who have affected all of us. And emotions run very high when it comes to this subject. In my opinion, but from experience, I know that if we don't take this slowly, think about EVERYTHING, and do it properly, it will all be a waste. Again.

Now I'm way off of the main point...where should I start the thread? Any suggestions :)

you could put your question to a vote on the poll forum.....and else where ....to get a feel for it :)

Good Morning,

I just got off the phone with a Mrs Toyera in the Prosecutor's office of GHC. She is the gal in charge of documents put out by that office and was very helpful.

I told her that last July I had been told the procedure for reviewing SW's and wanted to make sure it is still the same. I told her since I live in Portland I wanted to make an arrangement ahead of time so I can have an appt set up to just walk into.

She told me to go to www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us where I will find the form to fill out showing my request. I told her I wanted to review the brand new SW's which have been issued in the Lindsey Baum case, and she said that was enough to narrow it down. She said to either submit the form online or fax it in {360 249-6064 fax #} and she will search out the warrants and check to see if they are restricted from the public or not.

I mentioned to her that SW's are of public record unless they have been sealed by a judge and she agreed. She said offhand she didn't know if they were sealed. So I asked her if they are, would she please provide me with the document orders signed by the judge. She said yes, she would do that.

If you guys want me to go ahead and submit the request I will do that this evening. I don't know if I'll be able to go to McCleary on a week day, but if they grant me an appt they would do the same for anyone else.

At least we would find out if these SW's are sealed which would be very interesting in itself, don't you think? xox

I filled out, mailed & faxed that to them on the 16th.

Nothing so far

Scandi, I say submit the paperwork and see what response you get. I'm curious to see what they would say to you compared to what we've gotten (which has been the run around)

Good Morning,

I just got off the phone with a Mrs Toyera in the Prosecutor's office of GHC. She is the gal in charge of documents put out by that office and was very helpful.

I told her that last July I had been told the procedure for reviewing SW's and wanted to make sure it is still the same. I told her since I live in Portland I wanted to make an arrangement ahead of time so I can have an appt set up to just walk into.

She told me to go to www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us where I will find the form to fill out showing my request. I told her I wanted to review the brand new SW's which have been issued in the Lindsey Baum case, and she said that was enough to narrow it down. She said to either submit the form online or fax it in {360 249-6064 fax #} and she will search out the warrants and check to see if they are restricted from the public or not.

I mentioned to her that SW's are of public record unless they have been sealed by a judge and she agreed. She said offhand she didn't know if they were sealed. So I asked her if they are, would she please provide me with the document orders signed by the judge. She said yes, she would do that.

If you guys want me to go ahead and submit the request I will do that this evening. I don't know if I'll be able to go to McCleary on a week day, but if they grant me an appt they would do the same for anyone else.

At least we would find out if these SW's are sealed which would be very interesting in itself, don't you think? xox

Scandi thanks for following through for us! I would love to meet with you in the middle, have lunch and go over the docs. Hopefully their response will be forthcomming with a "They are all your's"! :thumb::crossfingers::heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en