WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, and thank you all. It dawned on me last night that my 'missing person' might be being hounded by creditors, so I left a message for her to simply let my phone ring so we would at least know she was alive. It rang at 6:00 am from her number. (I should have specified not so early!) So, I suppose the lesson is not to not show up when you say you will without calling, when a LE officer and a computer research is involved, and that people aren't disposable, and that sometimes someone cares enough to cause a ruckus over a disappearance. We have had two in this Valley in the last two years. The winding path that lead me to this site has been remarkable. I will lurk in the background, and hope and pray that there will be news about Lindsey soon. This added two more people praying for her, so that isn't all bad, is it? And, I agree about continuing research about the other participant..........there's a lot more there than meets the eye, even if Lindsey is not a factor. Thanks to all of you.

God Bless you Silvertooth to care enough about someone you hardly know who seems to have dropped off the face of the earth to not let it go, but follow it through. I am glad she is OK.

And the bonus is it brought you to WS and I hope you stick around a Sleuthin' with us. Lindsey needs all the help she can get now to be found and brought back home. xox

I wish we had a "rumor" thread for Lindsey's forum. It would really help I think. I know the Mods didn't want one earlier, but do you think they would okay one now?

So much information in this case is rumor. I wish we could try to separate the rumors vs. facts. Just MHO.

I wish we had a "rumor" thread for Lindsey's forum. It would really help I think. I know the Mods didn't want one earlier, but do you think they would okay one now?

So much information in this case is rumor. I wish we could try to separate the rumors vs. facts. Just MHO.

Hi Breanna, I should have stated IMO but that last post of mine is not really anything more than opening up our horizons in looking at the case. xox

ETA: I think a RUMOR thread would be perfect right about now. 9 months going on 10 now. A lot of recent LE activity. Someone has seen something in this town with only about 1500 residents IMO.

Were we ever given a reason for not having one? I never understood why others get one and we don't

Were we ever given a reason for not having one? I never understood why others get one and we don't

No clue. And I would agree JennO and Scandi. I personally think we need a "rumor" thread. And it's not because of anything you said Scandi. I was just stating this in general :)

What do you think Salem? or Hoppy?

Hi Jennifer, I think the Mods weigh having a RUMOR thread based in the poster interest and often the longevity of a case. Every case becomes quite difficult at a certain point, :banghead: I think RUMORS can lead to productive Sleuthing from the spiraling effect, looking at something new or from a different angle. As long as everyone knows they are not fact - yet! I read that last thought from a great poster on Mackenzie Cowell's case.

My Goodness, we certainly have that with Lindsey IMO. And I have noticed RUMOR threads often involve cases where there are locals posting, such as neighbors, friends, family, etc. I think it is invaluable if used as a tool to use in writing victim and perp profiles, learning about the mood of the townfolk, how they think and live. And from what I've read there is a plenty of talk that goes on in our little hamlet of McCleary. ;}

God Bless you Silvertooth to care enough about someone you hardly know who seems to have dropped off the face of the earth to not let it go, but follow it through. I am glad she is OK.

And the bonus is it brought you to WS and I hope you stick around a Sleuthin' with us. Lindsey needs all the help she can get now to be found and brought back home. xox

Thank you! I'm sure I'll be around, I haven't even read all the forum yet.
Perhaps we'll have an AHA! moment to discuss in the future!

I'm writing it off as our good friend rumor.

TG admits in a comment that she's "heard lot's of rumors" and that she guesses he "was questioned".

As far as I know he was not arrested (don't you think there would have been something in the media that a suspect was arrested when they made such a huge deal about Dale Golder being a suspect and his house being searched?)

There may be nothing to it or it could be something.

I think LE treats each case individually. What methods or strategies used in one case might not enhance the investigation if used in another case.

I have stated here over and over how I was told in a PM by a trusted local poster here that he was told LE was using the media as a 'tool' in Lindsey's case.

IMO they made as much noise as they could in executing the SW's in DG's possible involvement in Lindsey's disappearance. It is what it took to get the job done. They were somewhat outspoken people, several underlying issues dealing with the family, relatives everywhere, one living in the garage on one of the two pieces of property involved ~ a very complex set of circumstances that needed an equally complex strategy to gather their evidence and bring it to the public eye that LE MEANT BUSINESS. IMO that is. To this date it is still a set of circumstances that may mean nothing, or in the solving of this case it might hold the answer. We shall see.

I'm thinking with a single man like this father {I don't know his marital status}, his little girl such a good friend of Lindsey's, he has had problems with the law, maybe took off right after she went missing, has his brother living in a trailer in the back yard ~ Maybe to investigate this situation LE felt they had to go 'underground', or quietly to get what they need. Maybe he is a flight risk or has other connections that could be dangerous, cause harm to his family or little girl that is. All speculation of course. It could be the town folk like him and would never suspect him, just like the Sheriff saying a certain citizen couldn't be involved in Lindsey's case as he had known him all of his life! :waitasec:

I haven't read all about this case but just making a off the wall comment here, I just wonder if there could be another creep in the area similar to the one in somer thompsons case. seems like every neighborhood has its own creeps lurking around the next corner. but I also feel this is someone that she knew and felt she trusted.

... total stretch, I know, but the first scenario that came to my imagination was the possibility of an old surveillance tape from Shell showing a man forcing a young girl into his car - the image not clear enough for a positive ID on the child - and the man claiming it was his own daughter, not our precious Lindsey. But then how would this lady from Elma even know about such a thing even if it were true?

Just a flight of imagination here, but decided to post this anyhow.

... total stretch, I know, but the first scenario that came to my imagination was the possibility of an old surveillance tape from Shell showing a man forcing a young girl into his car - the image not clear enough for a positive ID on the child - and the man claiming it was his own daughter, not our precious Lindsey. But then how would this lady from Elma even know about such a thing even if it were true?

Just a flight of imagination here, but decided to post this anyhow.

Ooooooh that is convincing! Good thought.

Corallaro I had the same thought. Even if by chance a satellite was used to mark that area on that evenning it would appear grainy upon viewing. Like you said just imagination. Guess what my 14yr.old dachshounds name is? Stretch!!!

Hey Guys - it seems a reminder of the TOS is in order here. We may not cut and paste from social networking sites (facebook, etc.). We can paraphrase and link.

We do not discuss minors and we never use their full names. We do not use full names of people who are not the victim or have not been identified by LE or mainstream media.

I have deleted a bunch of posts that break these rules. It is my understanding that the person in question, LR, was not found on any of the jail rosters, etc. and that the comment that is being discussed has no basis in fact. If I am wrong about that, let me know.

I saw the request for a rumor thread. I believe it was Chico that said no rumor thread, so I will run your request by her and Hoppy and see if they think a rumor thread would be worthwhile at this point.

Let me know if you have questions.

Salem

Thank you Salem :)

Yes, Thanks Salem, I just gave myself a pinch on the cheek realizing I might have responded to the quote from FB in trying to interpret it. I know the poster meant well and it is a good reminder.

Hey Guys - it seems a reminder of the TOS is in order here. We may not cut and paste from social networking sites (facebook, etc.). We can paraphrase and link.

We do not discuss minors and we never use their full names. We do not use full names of people who are not the victim or have not been identified by LE or mainstream media.

I have deleted a bunch of posts that break these rules. It is my understanding that the person in question, LR, was not found on any of the jail rosters, etc. and that the comment that is being discussed has no basis in fact. If I am wrong about that, let me know.

I saw the request for a rumor thread. I believe it was Chico that said no rumor thread, so I will run your request by her and Hoppy and see if they think a rumor thread would be worthwhile at this point.

Let me know if you have questions.

Salem

Thanks Salem. Sorry about that. Is it ok to use the minor's full name if listed in the media? TIA!

I know this is a long shot but I recall posts earlier on where there was suspicion of an individual who had a noisy car...and now he does not drive it anymore.

There was an attack of a 13 yo girl in Everett. Perp drove a sedan that was very noisy. Has this individual moved from McCleary...?

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20...s.Sheriffs.officers.of.kidnapping.molestation

Good thought, but the description of the perp in Everett does not match the person in McCleary who drove the loud car and worked at the Beehive and was a POI at one time.

snipped:
"The girl described her attacker as black, tall and with a slender build. He was reportedly wearing a red T-shirt and jeans. The suspect's vehicle is reportedly a four-door sedan with a loud muffler."

Sick sick people out there! They all need to be stopped.

Corallaro I had the same thought. Even if by chance a satellite was used to mark that area on that evenning it would appear grainy upon viewing. Like you said just imagination. Guess what my 14yr.old dachshounds name is? Stretch!!!

Hi Kageykaren,

Although I haven't posted for a while, I still think of Lindsey every day, as you do too, I'm sure. I will always keep believing in the power of the thoughts and prayers from everyone here, as being like perpetual beacons of light to help find this dear child.

~~~

Stretch! What a cool name for a weinerschnitzel dog. Speaking of dogs, does anyone happen to know if MB&JB still have Lindsey's dog Kadence?

:magnet: coral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member